Brick Crusade Berlin, Second Event - 4 vs 4, 4 station demo.

Battle reports and play-by-post games
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - Your posts should reflect this

Brick Crusade Berlin, Second Event - 4 vs 4, 4 station demo.

Postby Ced23Ric » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:40 pm

So, this time at a new venue, a friend of mine, Alex, came for a visit. Since he has some experience with wargames and has heard of MFZ (by me) here and there, we played a game with 4 frames and 2 stations each.

First, I set up a random battlefield with fairly even cover assortment.

Then we chose our frames. We went for four frames per company, 2 stations each, every asset 5 points, DDC 8. Alex was Defender and had the initiative advantage.

Alex's Starting Four:
d6W d6W d6B d6Y d6G d6Rd d6Rd
d6W d6W d6B d6Y d6G d6Ra d6Ra

He fielded the blue Scramblers and the yellow Rumble Monkeys.

Chris' Starting Four:
d6W d6W d6B d6Y d6G d6Ra d6Ra
d6W d6W d6B d6Y d6G d6Rh d6Rh d8G

I fielded the red Chubs and my darkblue Superchubs.

This is how we set up:

Image Vesopia - An Ijad-controlled system, where SU and FC are still fighting.
"The moon will guide you on your path when the sun long has set." - Trinity Of-The-Many.
Ced23Ric
Old Guard

Re: Brick Crusade Berlin, Second Event - 4 vs 4, 4 station d

Postby Ced23Ric » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:42 pm

Round one ended with concentrated fire on my red melee chub, answered with fire on the direct-fire Rumble Monkey closest to that frame. The cover between the two did not survive that fussilade, and I moved up on the flank. Alex held his positions and had not much to fear with 4, 5, 6, 6 for defense.

At the end of the round, no one had a clear advantage, so no one ticked the DDC further than it went anyway. DDC from 8 to 7.
"The moon will guide you on your path when the sun long has set." - Trinity Of-The-Many.
Ced23Ric
Old Guard

Postby Ced23Ric » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:53 pm

Round two saw Alex trying to get his roughed up Chub out of the fire, but only saw him die anyway. The red melee chub was blown up, reduced to d6W d6Rh d6Rh d8G . One of Alex' Scrambler rolled a 1 for both whites and the defense, but despite 7 damage rolls, took only one damage - 4, 4, 5. Cover ate the 4s, the 5 punched through. His second Rumble Monkey pulled back into new cover after the push and my red Chub moved up closer.

The round ended, and I ticked the DDC. DDC from 7 to 5.
Ced23Ric
Old Guard

Postby Ced23Ric » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:56 pm

Round three was proving again that balls of steel can be a substitute for tactics. The heroic melee Chub hopped the cover, got in contact with the Arty Scrambler but couldn't do much else than leave a spot and hope his 0 Defense would not be his death. It was not, as he deflected fire with his manly chin. Or Alex rolled poorly, but my version is cooler. I snatched a station from Alex, and he wrapped around to go for one of mine. More as a deterrent than an actual problem, I moved the healthy Arty Chub closer and had him squat on my other station.

DDC, I ticked again. DDC from 5 to 3.
Ced23Ric
Old Guard

Postby Ced23Ric » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:58 pm

Round four was the end of the melee Chub, but he left a spot on the Arty Chub as he died. The other red Chub snatched a station from Alex, but Alex got one of mine, too. The direct-fire Scrambler took a small hit, and I kept advancing, projecting force. Alex shredded some of my Arty Chubs cover, which prompted me to move to new grounds.

Ticked the DDC again, DDC from 3 to 1.
Ced23Ric
Old Guard

Postby Ced23Ric » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:00 pm

Round five saw two frames on each side reduced to their last d6W and Alex realized his only shot at a draw was to kill one of my frames and snatch a station. With the last red Chub in focus fire and all spots he had left, he still only dealt enough damage for him to become a glorious hero with his d6W intact. The dash for the station fell two units short.

DDC ticked to 0, we shook hands. Alex really liked the game, enjoyed how there was always something to do and how he never felt bored. Entire game lasted 1.5 hours.
Last edited by Ced23Ric on Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ced23Ric
Old Guard

Postby Ced23Ric » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:03 pm

Final tally:

Alex forces:
d6W d6W d6G d6B d6Rd d6Rd
d6W d6W d6G d6Y d6Rd d6Rd
d6W d8G
+ 1 station.
20 points.

Chris' Forces:
d6W d6W d6Y d6G d6B d6Rd d6Rd
d6W d6W d6Y d6G d6B d6Ra d6Ra
d6W d8G
+ 3 stations.
30 points.
Ced23Ric
Old Guard

Postby Blorf » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:14 pm

Really nicely documented. The labels are great and really help to be able to follow along. (Of course, now I wonder if showing directional arrows and some indicator of current systems would be helpful or just distracting.)

What were your deployment rules? You certainly seem to have gained a decent advantage by field position alone; just about every one of your frames could have fallen back into more cover if you needed it without exposing your stations; but just about any fallback by Alex leaves his stations exposed.

Also, I think I need some felt now.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby Ced23Ric » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:51 pm

Blorf wrote:What were your deployment rules? You certainly seem to have gained a decent advantage by field position alone; just about every one of your frames could have fallen back into more cover if you needed it without exposing your stations; but just about any fallback by Alex leaves his stations exposed.

Alex deployed his stations within one ruler of each other and one defending frame, then I deployed my stations, one as a lure, one as "safe", and my frames. Alex finished with his remaining frames and despite being told that he can set up outside of his perimeter he chose not to. After that, is was a matter of advancing, forcing him to fall back or be smudged.

And yes. You do need some felt. It's amazing.
Ced23Ric
Old Guard

Return to Mobile Frame Battle Reports