Brick Crusade Berlin, First Event - 4 vs 4, 1 station demo.

Battle reports and play-by-post games
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - Your posts should reflect this

Brick Crusade Berlin, First Event - 4 vs 4, 1 station demo.

Postby Ced23Ric » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:28 pm

¡Ollah!

I set up shop at the WeltenSchmiede in South-East Berlin, and a mother and her son were the first to show up. We did some smalltalk, but then buddy was anxious to get this show on the road. I had my demo teams at the ready, but also brought some other frames - originally just meant for showcasing. So I said: "Pick four frames you like!" and he instantly went for the two grey/dark blue Superchubs, a Gunmate and his own robot with a (rather massive) great axe. I picked the two demo scramblers and added two of my pink ones for a full team of 4.

Benny's Starting Four:
d6W d6W d6B d6Y d6G d6Rd d6Rd
d6W d6W d6B d6Y d6G d6Ra d6Ra
d6W d6W d6B d6Y d6G d6Rh d6Rh d8G

Chris' Starting Four:

And then we went to set up our frames, taking turns. Benny (smart kid, really) asked if he can change the layout of the cover, and I said: "Go ahead!" he shifted two walls around and was happy.
We had one station, the Comms Tower, in the middle, starting as neutral. We count all assets as 5 points and I let him go first.

This is how we started:

Benny put his melee frame right on the station for an early turn advantage, sent one direct-fire frame in my flank, hid his artillery frame in the back field and had another direct-fire frame guarding the station from cover. I set up my force in one blob - with the artillery Scrambler being in firing range of the Superchub. Benny giggled a little as he determined he was going to threaten me right away.
Image Vesopia - An Ijad-controlled system, where SU and FC are still fighting.
"The moon will guide you on your path when the sun long has set." - Trinity Of-The-Many.
Ced23Ric
Old Guard

Postby Ced23Ric » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:32 pm

After putting an inital hurt on my Arty-Scrambler for one point, I decided to go all out and left cover. He had already grabbed the station, so I needed to put some pressure on him. With the melee frame already at high defense, I opted to fire at the cover - and confirmed five damage rolls. 30 bricks later, those trees where history.

Arty fired at Arty, and the blue direct-fire Scrambler fired back at the flanking Chub, confirming 5 rolls. Reduced to one d6W, I thought I had that thing in the bag. The returnfire of the Arty-Chub, though, was not directed at my frame - Benny blew up all my cover there, leaving my frames bare for future attacks.

"The moon will guide you on your path when the sun long has set." - Trinity Of-The-Many.
Ced23Ric
Old Guard

Re: Brick Crusade Berlin, First Event - 4 vs 4, 1 station de

Postby Ced23Ric » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:35 pm

I kept pushing for the middle, but Benny anticipated my moves with his in-reserve direct-fire Gunmate and promptly came out of cover. The combined fire of three of my frames managed to take down the melee frame, but at cost. I had three of my activations put into that, the station was still his, and one of my frames was reduced to d6W d6Rd d6Rd. A lucky white roll was sufficient to crawl close enough to the station to snatch it.

Benny gave back as much as he took, reduced my Arty frame with his to d6W d6Ra d6Ra, shredded the pink Scrambler down to d6W, and left me with two frames at full capacity and two wrecks. A lucky shot on the move took out his wrecked Chub, though.

Ced23Ric
Old Guard

Postby Ced23Ric » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:38 pm

I started to get desperate, while his Arty-Chub remained 100% intact and kept peppering my frames. Benny took out my d6W pink Scrambler, shot the marker-beam off the other pink Scrambler, and moved into position to retake the station.

Then he reduced the other pink Scrambler to d6W d6Rd d6Rd, and captured the tower.

Ced23Ric
Old Guard

Postby Ced23Ric » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:42 pm

Without targets, I decided to dash crawl for the station with the remaining Whites. Benny shot the last intact frame I had, reducing him to d6W. The remaining fire of my frames took out his direct-fire Gunmate, but I lost the other pink Scrambler, too.

In the last round, Benny dealt some more damage, with his still 100% undamaged Arty-Chub (despite being shot at every round), but I managed to reach the station with a lucky White roll.

Final tally:

Benny:

Chris:
d6W d6Rd d6Rd
d6W
+1 station

We shook hands, and basked in the glory of the destroyed battlefield, had a chat with him and his mom and our observer, and I got her email address, asking for future events, infos, etc. Same with our observer. :)
Ced23Ric
Old Guard

Postby Dukayn » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:53 am

Awesome work dude! Great report, sounds like a good battle too. Have to say, having that felt on the table under the Lego terrain really makes it look nice and clean.
Dukayn
Mod Team

Postby milt69466 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:29 am

I spy with my little eye, megabloks plasma tech skysweeper :P
banner by milt69466, on Flickr
我们是红色团体,争取桃子!
milt69466
Been Around The Block

Postby Red_Robot » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:48 am

Great report, and you have a nice looking table there. Your felt playmats make everything look very finished and inviting. And ahh...the indescribable pleasure of blowing up trees. You are a good ambassador for the cause.

milt69466 wrote:I spy with my little eye, megabloks plasma tech skysweeper :P

*Ahem* I might...*cough*...own a few of those...
When the Weepers first came through the gate, we didn't know why. We only knew that they were angry.
Red_Robot
Been Around The Block

Postby Blorf » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:00 am

Great report. I'll echo the comments on the felt, it elevates the feel nicely.
I hope you're not forgetting your d8G after the guns get blown off. No frame ever rolls just whites.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby Ced23Ric » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:09 pm

Blorf wrote:I hope you're not forgetting your d8G after the guns get blown off. No frame ever rolls just whites.

Nah, I always forget that. Won't happen in the future. :D
Ced23Ric
Old Guard

Return to Mobile Frame Battle Reports