First game report

Battle reports and play-by-post games
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - Your posts should reflect this

First game report

Postby Ironclaw Buzzardier » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:05 pm

Just finished my first game, a 3player skirmish played with my kids, ages 6 and 9. While the 6 year old had trouble waiting for his turns to turn up, we had fun! the forces were

Five-Star Spell Team, Me:
Kit Fox (x3) d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd d6B d6Y d6W d6W d8Rr
Ice Ferret d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh d6B d8G d6W d6W
Crab d6Ra d6Ra d6B d6Y d6Y d6W d6W
http://mobileframehangar.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4366

Light Incinerators, 9yo:
Heavy Light d6Ra d6Ra d6Rh d6Rh d6B d6G d6W d6W
Samujet d6Rh d6Rh d6Ra d6Ra d6B d6G d6W d6W d8Rr d8Rr d8Rr
Flying Armor d6Ra d6Ra d6B d6Y d6Y d6W d6W
Jet Raiders (x2) d6Y d6G d8G d6W d6W
http://mobileframehangar.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4414

Gold Crusaders, 6yo:
Flyger d6Rd d6Rd d6Rh d6Rh d6G d6B d6W d6W
Harrier d6Rd d6Rd d6B d6Y d6W d6W
Jerboa d6Ra d6Ra d6B d6G d6Y d6W d6W
Centitoid d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh d6B d6Y d8G d6W d6W d8Rr d8Rr d8Rr
http://mobileframehangar.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4371

The crusaders took the starting point advantage and held it until the last turn. We started at 21 vs 28 vs 42 and ended with me winning at 24 vs 20 vs 14. in other words, the game ended with us all within a single asset of the next player. My impressions by the end were that artillery and double spot is a brutal combo, that I wish I had more green dice floating around, and that we needed to be more aggressive about challenging for stations. Anyway, lots of fun, and looking forward to playing again. Hopefully I can draw in a couple peers for the occasional game too!
Last edited by Ironclaw Buzzardier on Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ironclaw Buzzardier
Young Gun

Re: First game report

Postby Pippi Shortstack » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:40 pm

Congrats on the win! Those silly kids never stood a chance! :P

I want to try to get my older nieces and nephews to play with me, too. It's nice to hear your six year old was able to play.

I personally LOVE the spot/artillery combination, and it has served me well (as long as the dice aren't trying to kill me).

I think it'd be really neat if you posted your teams along with this report. It's always fun to put a face... er, frame to a name.

Thanks for sharing!
"Volkodav Industries DBE-02 Medved: If you absolutely, positively have to kill every motherhutcher on your lawn, accept no substitutes." -- M3tschenniy
Pippi Shortstack
Been Around The Block

Postby Ironclaw Buzzardier » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:22 am

Pippi Shortstack wrote:Congrats on the win! Those silly kids never stood a chance! :P

I want to try to get my older nieces and nephews to play with me, too. It's nice to hear your six year old was able to play.

I personally LOVE the spot/artillery combination, and it has served me well (as long as the dice aren't trying to kill me).

I think it'd be really neat if you posted your teams along with this report. It's always fun to put a face... er, frame to a name.

Thanks for sharing!

The crazy thing was they nearly did. I think if my older son hadn't ended his activations with a one spot left on the board, I wouldn't have been able to pull it out.

Also, first post updated with links to the company posts in the forge. I really meant to get some pics during play but was too caught up in the game
Ironclaw Buzzardier
Young Gun

Postby Pippi Shortstack » Mon May 12, 2014 1:11 pm

Ironclaw Buzzardier wrote:Also, first post updated with links to the company posts in the forge.

Neat! Thanks!

Ironclaw Buzzardier wrote:I really meant to get some pics during play but was too caught up in the game

I totally understand. I ran three demo games in the game room of our FANExpo, and I took a grand total of ZERO pictures. SO SAD!
"Volkodav Industries DBE-02 Medved: If you absolutely, positively have to kill every motherhutcher on your lawn, accept no substitutes." -- M3tschenniy
Pippi Shortstack
Been Around The Block

Return to Mobile Frame Battle Reports