Battle on Prajna Renewed! [3 player]

Battle reports and play-by-post games
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - Your posts should reflect this

Battle on Prajna Renewed! [3 player]

Postby addking » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:19 pm

Battle today on the edge of the desert, where fuel condensers operated by R.A.V.E Heavy Industries (RAVE-HI) were captured by an anti-SU group. There was two cells of so-called "Free Colonists" who apparently engaged each other and the Eidolon Company, who are currently under contract with RAVE-HI. Some of the battle was captured by a Free Colony reporter apparently attached to the "Harris Hi-Leg Free Company."

Harris Hi-Leg Free Company - Free Colonists (Jeremy) Primary Attacker
d6Rd d6Rd d6B d6Y d6G d6W d6W d8Rr |Hi-Leg Blue
d6Rd d6Rd d6B d6Y d6G d6W d6W |Hi-Leg Red
d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra d6Y d6Y d6W d6W |Scrambler
d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd d6B d6G d6W d6W d8Rr |Chub Gunslinger
d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh d6B d6W d6W d8Rr |Hi-Leg Axeman

Eidolon Company - Solar Union/Mercs (John) Secondary Attacker
d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd d6Y d6Y d6W d6W d8Rr |Hi-Leg Modified "Sarge"
d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd d6Y d6W d6W |Hi-Leg Modified "Billy"
d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh d6Y d6W d6W d8Rr |Chub "Sasha"
d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra d6Y d6Y d6W d6W d8Rr |Scrambler Mod "Jimmy"
d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra d6Y d6Y d6W d6W |Scrambler Mod "unknown"

The Revenants - Free Colony (Eric - addking) Defender
d6Rd d6Rd d6B d6Y d6Y d6W d6W d8Rr | WT-05 High Hand
d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd d6B d6B d6W d6W d8Rr |WT-04 Hi-Leg
d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd d6B d6B d6W d6W d8Rr |WT-04 Hi-Leg
d6Ra d6Ra d6B d6G d6W d6W |ST-02 Carronade

I lost the die roll to Jeremy, who forced me to drop a frame (I had a 2nd High-Hand with double yellow ready to go) which forced me to defense.

Round 1 [Doomsday 11] Eric 42, John 35, Jeremy 21
I whiff my opening shots on Jeremy's point frame, and decide to not move my Hi-Leg since he was near a station - this cost me the frame, as he took shots from every thing else on the field with range (3 artillery frames + 3 direct fire frames) so.... Eric 35, John 35, Jeremy 21, only I rolled the Doomsday down so..
Image and another view of this round

Round 2 [Doomsday 9]
I start the round unloading on John's nearest frame and drop "the Sarge" down to 1dW. Jeremy claims my open station [Eric 28, John 35, Jeremy 24] while "Sasha" proceeds to
Ace Jeremy's Gunslinger with 6 hits at melee range... [Eric 28, John 35, Jeremy 21] In return, Jeremy focuses some direct fire and a d6Rr to take Sasha out [ Eric 28, John 30, Jeremy 21] while using his artillery to land a nice 2 damage hit on my High Hand.

Round 3 [Doomsday 6]
My High-Hand and Sarge fire their d6Rr 's at each other... and MISS. John hits my High Hand for 3 damage [down to 1d6W] and "Billy" removes the Axeman [ Eric 28, John 30, Jeremy 18]. I remove the Sarge's last white [Eric 28, John 25, Jeremy 18]

Round 4 [Doomsday 3]
Jeremy kills my High-Hand frame off moving the score ever closer [Eric 21, John 25, Jeremy 18], I try to peel Jeremy off my station and realize he won't drop fast enough.

Round 5 [Doomsday 1]
I put a weak shot on one of Jeremy's Hi-Legs guarding my 'old' station, and truck it for one of John's stations. Turns out I can't make it, but I detour close enough to drop a spot on "Billy". On the final die roll of the game, I fire and kill Billy for the win. [ Eric 21, John 20, Jeremy 18]

A win for me, after Jeremy has won our last couple go rounds was very nice. I haven't done reports for a while as I didn't have everyone's company sheets, and we had other 'new' players that were learning in those games. Looking forward to the next match!
addking
Talkative

Re: Battle on Prajna Renewed! [3 player]

Postby Pippi Shortstack » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:06 pm

This is a great battle report; concise, simple and easy to follow. And the opening paragraph was fantastic.

Kudos to the imbedded Free Colony reporter, they did a great job. :P Congrats on the win, and I hope we get to hear about your next match.
"Volkodav Industries DBE-02 Medved: If you absolutely, positively have to kill every motherhutcher on your lawn, accept no substitutes." -- M3tschenniy
Pippi Shortstack
Been Around The Block

Postby addking » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:07 am

Thanks! We'll have to upgrade from camera-phone pics and add some photoshop to get to your level tho Pippi.

Also, we could have used a company shot each. We've done that in the past and it helps to visually sort out the teams. This time around, John and I both fielded some heavier blue colored frames vs Jeremy's red, which prolly makes it harder to follow. Also the 2 shots each round might be overkill.
addking
Talkative

Postby Pippi Shortstack » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:21 am

Company shots would have been icing on this already great report cake. It's still easy enough to follow, especially if you're familiar with the the frames' makes. :D

And I think two shots per round is perfectly fine. But then, I like a lot of pictures in my reporting. :oops:
"Volkodav Industries DBE-02 Medved: If you absolutely, positively have to kill every motherhutcher on your lawn, accept no substitutes." -- M3tschenniy
Pippi Shortstack
Been Around The Block

Postby Red_Robot » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:08 am

This is an excellent battle report and I love the shots of the dining room table. Great documentation of the action from turn to turn. Plus it's great to see so many Hi-Legs in one place.
When the Weepers first came through the gate, we didn't know why. We only knew that they were angry.
Red_Robot
Been Around The Block

Return to Mobile Frame Battle Reports