First Battle. Flawless Victory.

Battle reports and play-by-post games
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - Your posts should reflect this

First Battle. Flawless Victory.

Postby PerpetualFunkMachine » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:49 pm

So no pictures, i hadn't thought of taking any! But i'll make some crude paint sketches. Basically we failed at setup because we didn't completely utulize our starting positions. We kind of bunched up in three corners. Especially the mining corp player, he got... "shafted" (yeaaaaaaaah*sunglasses*). Also, i rolled 6s for every single d6Y the whole game. It was delicious.

My team(point offense):
Consisted of small mobile spider-like frames i said were drones and a ranged Conscript i considered the handler. My faction was a UMFL-esque militiary faction putting down a rebellion by a mining corp.
Stealth Drone: d8G d6B d6B d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh d6W d6W
2 Assault Drones: d6G d8G d6Y d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh d6W d6W
Artillery Drone: d6Y d6Y d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra d6W d6W
Conscript Handler: d6Y d6G d6Rd d6Rd d6Ra d6Ra

Defenders:
Had 3 mostly H2H frames. All of them were gigantic and scrappy. This guy was the Mining Corp, and his frames totally fit the theme.
"Brick": d6B d6B d6Rh d6Rh d6Ra d6Ra d6W d6W
"Woodchipper": d8G d6B d6B d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh d6W d6W
"Knight": d8G d6B d6B d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh

Offense:
Had diversified frames but not many. He got destroyed by the dice rolls. His faction was an offworld merchant guild's mercenaries or something that wanted to seize control of the mine corp's holdings, then got caught up in the conflict.
Walker: d6G d6Y d6Ra d6Ra d6Rd d6Rd d6W d6W
Tank: d6G d8G d6B d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh d6W d6W
Skirmisher: d6G d6Y d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd d6W d6W

Setup:
Gray blocks are buildings(cover), tan cirlces are sandy hills(cover), diamonds are frames, squares are stations.

Turn 1:

Miners: Moves in a phalanx to attack my drones, does serious damage to stealth drone and misses my asssault drone. The assault drone slips around and misses Woodchipper. My Stealth drone hits back and cripples Knight.

Mercs: Shoots at my assault drone with his Skirmisher, hits, doesn't score any damage. The Walker hits him and takes out a movement system. He tries to reach the skirmisher but doesn't make it.

UMFL: All my assault frames had already marked stuff, so my artillery and drone controller pounded Knight(dropping him to just d6W on the first turn) and Skirmisher.

Doomsday Clock goes down to 8

Turn 2:

Miners: Fails at killing my drones but pretty much breaks stealth and pulls back Woodchipper to defend. My drones deal some more damage to Brick.

Mercs: Shoots my assault drone with Walker, this time scoring some damage and puts a nice spot on him. Skirmisher pounds the marked assault drone as he retreats and drops him down to a green to just whites. He scuttles behind the building. Tank rolls crap for movement so he sticks behind the building.

UMFL: Artillery takes out Skirmisher and Drone Conroller takes out Knight.

Doomsday Clock goes down to 5

Turn 3:

Miners: Brick flees behind the building while shooting at my healthy assault drone, and Knight moves into position between the two stations just out of charge range of Tank. They stare eachother down like giant steel samurai.

Mercs: Walker shoots and misses my assault drone and tank falls short of melee range, leaving the two frames on either side of the station brandishing giant swords.

UMFL: Stealth and Assault drone saunter(or maybe swagger?) in and finish of Brick. Artillery blows the crap out of Walker and Drone Controller shoots at Knight but misses. Lower Assault drone sneaks in and steals a station.

Doomsday Clock drops to 2.

Turn 4:

Miners: Knight attacks Tank, but Tank dodges and cuts Knight down, strewing burning steel across the battlefield.

Mercs: Tank grabbed a station and killed Knight.

UMFL: Assault drones each grab a station and Drone Controller and Artillery take out Tank with a decisive combined artillery strike, winning the game for UMFL.

Outcome:
A flawless victory on the UMFL's part, which is to be expected. When it comes to putting down rabble, you know who to call.(not ghostbusters...)

Miners: 0 0 assets)
Mercs:7 (1 asset)
UMFL: 27 (9 assets)
PerpetualFunkMachine
Newcomer

Re: First Battle. Flawless Victory.

Postby AlloyedClavicle » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:29 am

Looks like you had a pretty awesome time. :D

I actually like the paint tactical maps, they make it very easy to interpret the descriptions of each turn.

A few questions:

From the paint setup, which admittedly has no scale, it looks as though your point offense frame (the Stealth frame) and one of the Assault frames started within Direct Fire range of the Knight. Am I reading that correctly or is it just that the distances are occluded by the medium of MS Paint?
It looks like everyone decided to tick Doomsday down an extra notch at the end of every round. Given the supreme pounding they were receiving, I wonder as to the strategy of the other players in doing so. Were they trying to accelerate the end of the match?

Last quesetion:
With the frame composition, did everyone bring the number of frames they had initially? 5 v. 3 v. 3 seems a bit rough for the guys with three.

In all, it looks like everyone had a pretty excellent time and I hope to see many more reports of fun matches with lots of excitement and explosions.
AlloyedClavicle
Newcomer

Return to Mobile Frame Battle Reports