Rush & Run the Clock Sim (Now Complete!)

Battle reports and play-by-post games
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - Your posts should reflect this

Re: Rush & Run the Clock Sim (Now with Set up pics!)

Postby Axhead » Mon May 28, 2012 10:14 am

randolph wrote: Basically, treat everything you can throw at a team in Step N+1 as part of the playbook that you must consider in Step N.

Now that is a cool idea.

randolph wrote:Oh, and seriously consider swapping at least some (if not all) of R&R to d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh d6B d6B - I think you should be able to largely play around needing to spot in cover.

I think it would depend on whether you want to run in a herd or not. If you are in a more dispersed formation, then the ability to spot folks in cover over there is very handy. It is pretty uncommon that anyone has a defense of less than 5 before they are already half dead, I don't think the d8Rh alone is enough to deal with that efficiently.
Axhead
Grizzled Veteran

Postby randolph » Tue May 29, 2012 5:57 pm

Axhead wrote:I think it would depend on whether you want to run in a herd or not. If you are in a more dispersed formation, then the ability to spot folks in cover over there is very handy. It is pretty uncommon that anyone has a defense of less than 5 before they are already half dead, I don't think the d8Rh alone is enough to deal with that efficiently.

Hm. Going from d6Rh d6Rh to d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh is an increase in EV of 1.1216, but perhaps more importantly, it's possible to damage Defense 6 frames unspotted (25% chance to hit, 12.5% chance to remove at least one system).

Do you have an estimate of how many times over the course of 6 rounds that cover prevented spotting? On the other hand, there's certainly something to be said for dedicated spot dice.

Are you planning to resim this anytime soon, or should I give it a go? If you want me to run my sim first, I'll put a proposed layout in that thread and we can discuss placement fine-tuning before running the sim, like last time.
WangTech, Inc.
Inexorable. Progress.
Company Overview
randolph
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Axhead » Tue May 29, 2012 7:14 pm

randolph wrote:Hm. Going from d6Rh d6Rh to d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh is an increase in EV of 1.1216, but perhaps more importantly, it's possible to damage Defense 6 frames unspotted (25% chance to hit, 12.5% chance to remove at least one system).

I see your point.

randolph wrote:Do you have an estimate of how many times over the course of 6 rounds that cover prevented spotting?

Cover never prevented spotting because I was using d6Y ;) To be more helpful the PPC were often in cover so they would have been unspottable most of the time. I think its safe to assume that folks will at least start the game in cover and will generally stick to it out of habit.

randolph wrote:Are you planning to resim this anytime soon, or should I give it a go? If you want me to run my sim first, I'll put a proposed layout in that thread and we can discuss placement fine-tuning before running the sim, like last time.

I will probably run something this weekend, but I want to start my solo campaign (poor lonely Axhead :cry: ) so why don't you give it a go.
Axhead
Grizzled Veteran

Postby randolph » Tue May 29, 2012 7:26 pm

Axhead wrote:I will probably run something this weekend, but I want to start my solo campaign

Do you have a writeup for the rules you're planning to use for the campaign?
WangTech, Inc.
Inexorable. Progress.
Company Overview
randolph
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Rush & Run the Clock Sim (Now Complete!)

Postby Axhead » Tue May 29, 2012 7:32 pm

I am using a modified version the platoon forward rules from two fat lardies. Currently they are having a 25% off sale so they are only 5.25 pounds for the pdf. If you pick up a set I will email you my MFZ modifications, assuming its something you are interested in.

The introduction for my campaign is here.
Axhead
Grizzled Veteran

Previous

Return to Mobile Frame Battle Reports