Art of the Frame (redux)

Post your MFZ-inspired fiction and artwork for others to admire
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All your posts should reflect this

Re: Art of the Frame (redux)

Postby Viper Tesla » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:27 am

It's really great to see this sort of work! One of my favorite books in the Heavy Gear line was their "coffee table" art/behind-the-scenes book with dev history of the various designs and progression of world-building. :)
Viper Tesla
Chatty

Postby Ryujin » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:23 am

WIP stuff for the 3rd color illustration:
I had uncolored lineart of Capt. Estar at the time, so I interpreted her vest as some kind of soft body armour.
The interior's pretty much that of a Scopedog.

Here, Joshua has me put the good Captain Estar into a more awkward situation (she gets to shed a few pounds in the process, though).

This is the scene minus Haski's Hi-Leg.

Viper Tesla wrote:It's really great .... :)

Oh wow, I never figured on anyone using a Logan for an avvie...
Ryujin
Chatty

Postby Ryujin » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:04 am

'creepy-crawly T-72' -- Soren Roberts

Late-model Scrambler.

Now possessing a much greater familiarity with the technologies & manufacturing processes involved in Mobile Frames, Ijad engineers took the opportunity to redesign the Ghanat/Scrambler in order to address certain flaws in the original model and to display a more Ijad-centric design aesthetic.

Top shows a Scrambler outfitted with an applique armour package consisting of passive & reactive armour tiles, as well as various countermeasures dispensers.
Ryujin
Chatty

Postby Thaddeus » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:03 am

Really really cool! Especially like the foot pads.
Thaddeus
Grizzled Veteran

Postby aimforthetop » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:20 pm

Awesome to see a Scrambler in green camo. Wish I had bricks like that.
aimforthetop
Been Around The Block

Postby Zero Revenge » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:20 pm

This is incredible. It's a shame this wasn't in the manual.

Holy Crap, this is still so incredible. I love it! :O
Self-appointed lore buff.
http://mfzarcadia.wordpress.com/ - Keep up to date on the War for Arcadia
Zero Revenge
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ryujin » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:51 am

Merry Christmas!

Scrambler with the turret from Soren's I-ST-01T Scuttler, featuring armoured modules that can be quickly exchanged & serviced by other Ijad mobile frames in the field.
Ryujin
Chatty

Postby Joshua A.C. Newman » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:25 pm

Really, really cool, Ryujin! I LOVE the new guy!

(You should make sure it doesn't look like I drew that. Credit where it's due, man!)
Joshua A.C. Newman
MFZ:RA Game Designer

Postby eatrepeat » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:57 am

applec wrote:Ryujan wrote:"-The multifaceted thingie stuck to the chaff dispenser's side is an IR jammer"

Talking about the IR jammer, i would like to recommend the wifi signal jammer ,really the good device to use in the daily life and have the excellent condition,you can get more information at jammerall.com

Random...

BUT SUPER EPIC THREAD!!!
I am beyond stoked to see these stellar art pieces of MF0 and hope to one day dabble myself :)
If my Frames stay out of the Star Wars universe...
eatrepeat
Been Around The Block

Postby milt69466 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:13 am

eatrepeat wrote:
applec wrote:Ryujan wrote:"-The multifaceted thingie stuck to the chaff dispenser's side is an IR jammer"

Talking about the IR jammer, i would like to recommend the wifi signal jammer ,really the good device to use in the daily life and have the excellent condition,you can get more information at jammerall.com

Random...

BUT SUPER EPIC THREAD!!!
I am beyond stoked to see these stellar art pieces of MF0 and hope to one day dabble myself :)

We call that a person who signed up to spam
banner by milt69466, on Flickr
我们是红色团体,争取桃子!
milt69466
Been Around The Block

Postby Ryujin » Mon May 26, 2014 6:30 am

Forgot to post the uncropped version of the Chub for MittenNinja's podcast webpage.

This started out as a joke UMFL recruitment poster aimed at people willing to die in a walking mailbox, but something came up & I had to phone in the bazooka afterwards.

The shoulders should've been red as well, but it kind of clashed with the overall appearance.
Ryujin
Chatty

Postby SeraphimKnight » Wed May 28, 2014 9:49 pm

I always thought the artwork looked super sweet. The only problem I have is with the scale, but that's more my personal taste of making giant robots actually giant instead of "practical giant" (also I blame Gundam).

Ryujin wrote:In-universe, the Scrambler design has a very 'human' look to it, a result of the Ijad's initial lack of familiarity with muscle cylinder technology and their adoption of SU manufacturing techniques with the help of human colonists. The Ijad were also initially under the impression that human design aesthetics made a significant contribution to the efficiency of said technology (sort of how the Soviets slavishly copied every detail of the Boeing B-29, down to the last misplaced rivet, after the end of the Great Patriotic War and calling it the Tupolev Tu-4).

Old post but the name Tupolev has always sounded very funny to me. Let me explain; in canadian french (I'm precising because the accent changes the pronunciation and thus is inapplicable to other forms of french) "tupolev" sounds a lot like "tu pas lève", which translated in english, is "you not lift" (broken language and all). This term being used for soviet planes and knowing the build quality (or lack therof) of soviet technology always made for a very ironical and hilarious name for me and a friend of mine.
SeraphimKnight
Talkative

Postby Ryujin » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:15 am

As part of the prize package for first place at the First Annual DCC MFZ Tourney hosted by MittenNinja, the winner also got an illustration of his choice of Mobile Frame.

Fragsturbait took home the bacon, and the Mobile Frame he selected was the Sicuro SC-15

I got around to finishing it a few weeks ago, so here it is for the rest of the viewing public:

Extrapolating from the Lego model, I made the assumption that the mast-mounted sight on its right shoulder is extensible, allowing it to observe & designate targets from behind full cover. The handheld autocannon is attached to a loadbearing set of hardpoints on its forearm, for improved stability. The hardpoint also functions as a datalink between the weapon's sensors & the MF's fire-control system.

The lower version has a good amount of passive & reactive applique armour tiles for added protection, as well as shoulder-mounted countermeasures launchers. The joints are covered with a tough ballistic fabric for protection against low-velocity projectiles, dirt & the elements. The manipulators are similarly protected with synthetic rubber 'gloves,' which also improve its gripping ability. The drum at the 'small' of its back, which holds additional Muscle cylinder fluid, has additional armour as well. A duralin combat knife with scabbard is attached to the armour plate on its left thigh.

Sketchup model for perspective purposes.
Ryujin
Chatty

Postby spacemonkey » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:06 pm

Wow, Ryujin, you artwork never ceases to impress! I''m not sure what Fragsturbait thinks but I think you did a fantastic job taking the brick form of the Sicuro and translating into something "real". :)
spacemonkey
Grizzled Veteran

Postby SeraphimKnight » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:22 am

I see someone's a Girls und Panzer fan :P

Really nice renditions of the frame. I especially like the reactive armor version (and not just for the kame-san logo)!
SeraphimKnight
Talkative

Postby FragsturBait » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:56 am

spacemonkey wrote:Wow, Ryujin, you artwork never ceases to impress! I''m not sure what Fragsturbait thinks but I think you did a fantastic job taking the brick form of the Sicuro and translating into something "real". :)

I think he did a fantastic job. In my mind the sensor on the right shoulder was extendable, and the cylinder at the small of it's back contained "muscle cylinder adrenaline" aka: d6G So the fact that he picked up on that based solely on a poorly lit picture is pretty cool, and let's me know that I did a good job of conveying purpose in my build. I take that as a compliment.
FragsturBait
Talkative

Postby Ryujin » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:19 am

To commemorate the imminent printing of MFZ: Intercept Orbit, here's one of a variety of powered armor designs that Free Colony forces use.

This is actually an obsolescent industrial exoskeleton design repurposed for combat with the addition of armour plating, commercially available optics and surplus military equipment.

The machinegun is supported by a stabilized support rig originally intended for use with heavy power tools. The weapon itself is completely conventional and sports a quick-change barrel, adjustable stock and an IR laser to complement the iron sights.

The drum at the back holds a rechargeable battery & muscle cylinder fluid.

The illustration itself is based on an image from an Osprey book.
Ryujin
Chatty

Postby Viper Tesla » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:34 am

Ryujin wrote:
Viper Tesla wrote:It's really great .... :)

Oh wow, I never figured on anyone using a Logan for an avvie...

Heh! I actually really liked the Logan... >_>

I remember as a kid watching grainy rental copies of the old FHE 8 episodes-per-tape videos and waiting for the Logan to go to "Battloid" mode... until it finally dawned on me much later, thanks to the random copy of the Palladium SC sourcebook that it didn't have a Battloid mode!
Viper Tesla
Chatty

Postby CmdrRook » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:37 am

I can't tell where the M240 ends and the M60 begins! Love the hearty, functional look of the visor and face-mask, and how well it blends into the squared shape of the helmet. Looks like it would have been a distinctive profile even amongst a host of similarly-themed or branded suits.
CmdrRook
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ryujin » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:17 am

I was having a slow week, so here's dukayn's Shikra assault frame accompanied by infantry on a planet somewhere.
Ryujin
Chatty

PreviousNext

Return to Mobile Frame Fan Fiction