Last Transmission

Post your MFZ-inspired fiction and artwork for others to admire
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All your posts should reflect this

Re: Last Transmission

Postby gusindor » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:02 am

Yikes! "Super-soldier project gone wrong" is a tried and true premise, but you're carrying it with a level of suspense and creepiness that's really making it work.

I'm curious about how Thanatos got the Ijad to cooperate with this project, I can think of several possibilities and all of them are concerning.
Always bring a speech to a gunfight.
gusindor
MFZ:RA Game Designer

Postby NinjaLegendDoom » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:18 am

gusindor wrote:Yikes! "Super-soldier project gone wrong" is a tried and true premise, but you're carrying it with a level of suspense and creepiness that's really making it work.

I'm curious about how Thanatos got the Ijad to cooperate with this project, I can think of several possibilities and all of them are concerning.

Thank you! At first I was hesitant to use the Super-Soldier project (originally it was going to be an alien symbiont; that made it extremely difficult to write without it being a hive mind), however the more I wrote about the setting the better I felt about Thanatos doing some experiments with the Ijad...

And yes, more will come from that story branch in the future.
Erebus awaits us all...
d8Rh This is the way of the Ninja d8Rh
NinjaLegendDoom
Chatty

Drowning

Postby NinjaLegendDoom » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:19 am

Unit: None Assigned (Training Grounds Backup Recording Device)
WARNING!!! Tra...mis... INTER.... Tonight it Ends

Aleksei at first was to shocked to realize he had dropped to the ground. The Conscript had pulled him so quickly from the barracks he was still haunted by his friends. The rain pounded around him, and he realized that what sounded like thunder was actually the sound of battle.

Lightning flashed, and for a couple of seconds Aleksei witnessed TEM training Chubs locked in combat with the older Commissars. What could possibly cause my friends to fight our allies?

The Commissar that was carrying him jerked under a light impact, and the pilot quickly, but gently set Aleksei down. The Commissar motioned with its now free hand towards the armory... Aleksei noticed that twin Commisars were standing guard outside.

It had to be a good one hundred meters to the huddled structure, and every square was covered in Frames... ]And them, he couldn't help thinking. Aleksei knew his chances were slim outside of his melee chub, and without a second thought sprinted forward.

It was the closest to an out of body experience he had had. Flashes of movement caught his eye, lit only by flashes of lighting and glowing vegetation...

A Yellow Commissar used a modified phaseaxe to disarm a camo Chub... Five Imp hardsuits jumped from the edge of the forest and used mining lasers to literally take the legs out of a Landscript...

He still had fifty meters to go...

Ten meters to his side a badly aimed Single Shot Rocket impacted the side of the Communications Center, blowing the roof and an entire wall away... The Black Commissar that had been carrying him aimed carefully and its Caseless Rifle caused a heavily damaged chub to fall...

Aleksei's attention was so split, he almost didn't notice the small figures of crashed pilots retreating from the front lines. One of which stood directly in his path! His reflexes were all that allowed him to dive to the side... As he dove, he saw it was a second year Cadet.

She had been in his classes once, and seemed very shy. He could not recall her name, but remembered she had the most stunning grey eyes. As she turned now, the glow of the forest revealed dark spikes of black on her face, and cold black eyes. Her eyes awoke an unnamed fear inside of Aleksei, causing him to land flat on his face. He lay on the midnight soil, and thought, This is the end.

A second passed... Followed by a minute. Aleksei dared to look up.

She was a statue, staring in his direction... She was a meter away from him, but didn't seem to care he existed. Two meters in the distance he heard a pilot groan. Over the staccato of the battle, Aleksei could hear the static from the man's radio.

"Cap... Captain? We need... to... fall..."

The static seemed to bring her to her senses... She ran in the opposite direction and grabbed the pilot by his tactical harness! In the dull light Aleksei could not see what the Cadet did (but it appeared as if she was bandaging a wound), but the man screamed....

It was a scream he had heard before... the tone was dire, and rose until only animals could hear it. As Aleksei lay shocked, he heard the man gurgle unintelligibly....

Before he shut his eyes in disbelief and fear, Aleksei saw the pilot and Cadet rise... Both set off in the same direction...

Both were heading to the Mining camp!
Erebus awaits us all...
NinjaLegendDoom
Chatty

Firestarter

Postby NinjaLegendDoom » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:35 am

Unit: ACE (Illeagal broadcasting Device Detected!!!)
... The End Comes..

The medical facility was impressive, but strange. The Raven had only had to work on willing subjects previously... Thanatos seemed to not care how much discomfort the restraints would cause; nor how much more difficult her job would be using a robot as her hands.

Merely two meters away through a double layer of Bullet proof Clear Steel lay Subject Two. She was heavily sedated, and her head was lolling listlessly from side to side. The black mist had followed her into the room when two Thanatos lackeys pulled her in wearing full biohazard suits.

While Raven waited for Concord to give her the last permission to start, Raven pondered what had happened to Subject One... Concord had been very lax when it came to details... and she was not authorized to pull any information from the Eperimental Warfare servers.

The intercom chimed a long forgotten tune from the days of Terra.

"You are go for the procedure," Concord's bass rumble began. "Remember, time is of the essence. If you aren't done in 2 hours we will find a more qualified candidate for your job."

The Raven hadn't signed up for this... her Job was to free Erebus... not continue it's enslavement. She stared at the hographic interface the surrounded her hands, the blue glow seeming to remind her of simpler times... the ones she only had heard of from generations past...

The ones that her grandfather had told her. Living among the blue glow of the trees, and never being drafted into interplanetary conflicts.

The Raven's mind was set.. she clamped her fist shut and the bindings fell away from Subject Two.

"What are you doing Dr.?!?" Concords voice seemed to be pleading.. and quite satisfyingly panicked. "She is dangerous beyond all comprehension!"

The doors behind her were rapidly sliding outwards and she could feel the rough hands of security grasping her. Raven was screaming, clawing to move the robot to the medications tray.

Suddenly, the lights flickered. Security had stopped as though surprised. Raven spared a glance to the medical bay... As if rising from the dead, Subject One slid to a standing position. The Darkness inside seemed to swirl into an enraged Tornado. The Clear Steel seemed to crack..

Raven watched disbelieving as the robot arms that were under her control picked a titanium beam from the roof and speared it repeatedly through the Clear Steel.

Raven ran to the door as both security officers opened fire. She could hear the projectiles impacting metal, but never finding flesh. She turned once out the door to make sure she wasn't being pursued.

It was walking towards her... those pure black eyes so alien and cold.. every source of illumination behind Subject One blew outward in a horrifyingly beautiful shower of sparks, and for a split second it seemed it was bathing in them...

Raven lost all her courage.. as she sprinted down the hallway, she could hear the security officers' screams, that quickly rose into unhearable ranges...
Last edited by NinjaLegendDoom on Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erebus awaits us all...
NinjaLegendDoom
Chatty

Postby NinjaLegendDoom » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:39 am

Hey all, first I wanted to say sorry for no updates for almost a year. It has been far too long since I entered the wonderful setting of Mobile Frame Zero.

A whole year has passed since my last chapter... Can you all believe it! I really want to thank you for your patience and for everyone who has stopped to read from this. More will follow as time permits, but you all are great!
Erebus awaits us all...
NinjaLegendDoom
Chatty

Postby VitorFaria » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:44 am

NinjaLegendDoom wrote:Hey all, first I wanted to say sorry for no updates for almost a year. It has been far too long since I entered the wonderful setting of Mobile Frame Zero.

A whole year has passed since my last chapter... Can you all believe it! I really want to thank you for your patience and for everyone who has stopped to read from this. More will follow as time permits, but you all are great!

Worry not!

One of the beauties of traditional web forums like over newer social media is that is fairly straightforward to pick up where you left. I too have a fanfic that I'll probably take years to finish, and that's ok. This is a game - This is fun - All your posts should reflect this.
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby NinjaLegendDoom » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:35 am

Worry not!

One of the beauties of traditional web forums like over newer social media is that is fairly straightforward to pick up where you left. I too have a fanfic that I'll probably take years to finish, and that's ok. This is a game - This is fun - All your posts should reflect this.

Thank you Vitor! I definitely feel that's the way it should be. I just hate To Be Continued.. :lol:
Erebus awaits us all...
NinjaLegendDoom
Chatty

Angel

Postby NinjaLegendDoom » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:59 am

Unit: Remnant of Erebus First and Only (Suit recording device suspected Corruption)
Freedom Has Come. Tonight we Rise

Dmitri wasn't sure when the dream started. All he could see around him was haze and shadows. The darkness stretched out into eternity, and the void only served to give him a headache. He knew he was still in the cockpit and could feel the rain beating on exposed skin... Yet he could not feel pain.

The hair on the back of his neck raised, and he could feel goosebumps covering his exposed skin. What happened to my suit, his mind dully attempted to wake him, to bring awareness of his outside conditions. However, his body was heavy and far to weary to awaken fully.

He could feel almost a pinprick of pain through the haze, and witness a dull outline through his cracked visor.

Ahead the haze parted, and a woman wearing ranked fatigues of the TEMs. Her irises were black, contrasting with the whiteness of the rest of her eyes and she was covered in midnight tattoos.

He shifted uncomfortably as the pain somehow seeped through his painkillers, digging deeply into his very soul. He wanted to scream, but his voice never escaped. He could hear her speaking, driving pain into his mind, but no words formed from her mouth.

"You have been chosen," the woman wasn't shouting but her words echoed.

Even in his dream state, Sadowski's body was curling reflexively in pain... he looked to his arms that were bare as he hunched...

White spikes were appearing where no tattoos were before... It was almost crawling beastlike through his veins.

The pain kept increasing.

The woman had closed the distance in supernatural speed. She was supporting him as her mental conversation continued.

"We were made as servants... To wage constant unending war. You will be our Herald, our only natural voice."

Images began to tumble through Dmitri's mind... He was... Downloading? Things he had never seen before.

He witnessed a small colony of Ijad. Four companies of Frames advanced weapons ready, painted in the tan and white of Thanatos Corp. Two Ijad elders attached to Ganat advanced, one even carrying a white flag. The image seemed to flicker to static, but stabilized to show a burning village. An oversized transport with a cage, and the remnants imprisoned inside.

The pain was intensifying. Dmitri couldn't stand and was only kept upright by the supporting shoulder of the woman.

"Tonight, Thanatos will pay... We may not survive." The woman's drone quavered for a moment. "You must survive. You are our herald, and we will make sure you can tell all."

Sadowski was crying in mental and physical anguish. The SU would never go to such lengths.

More images entered his head, some of the Ijad being dissected in labs. Others of Ijad being indoctrinated and forcibly bonded to humans. He also saw the next generation of Ijad, and a group of kidnapped pilots used to further Thanatos' reach. But the last images scarred him most.

He saw a woman, the very same who was standing in front of him. One man in a lab coat was swabbing her neck, and another carried a tray of syringes. Attached to her back a mature Ijad rested. The scientist loaded a syringe with pure black liquid and swiftly injected it below her jaw.

He could see her anguish, screaming until blood came from her mouth... The scientists rushed to hold her down and injected another liquid, causing her to go unconscious. As she fell on her face, Dmitri could just make out the antenna of the Ijad, shriveled and blackened.

Dmitri turned his head as best he could, the pain still breaking through all painkillers. For a moment her visage was broken. Tears flowed freely from her eyes and mental pain oozed through him.

"We are a new species." She was almost drowned out by the pain. "You are the only one who will save us."

In his dream Sadowski finally hit the ground, pain overwhelming him.

He snapped awake! The sleeve of his unbroken arm was ripped open and over him stood a different woman. Her eyes were the same black of the Grim Angel. She was gently wrapping his arm in a bandage.

We mean you no harm

The thought wasn't his. He almost felt helpless in his own skin. The pain was threatening to put him back unconscious.

We must get to Nova Moscow. She looked him in the eyes. Thanatos has called in their last countermeasure. You must survive to speak for us.

She pried off his harness and lifted him with a little difficulty. Outside another young man was waiting. His eyes were the same, and his face bore black spikes on his cheeks. Together they lifted him into a simple mining truck.

He tried to speak, or even think. However, the pain mixed with the sedative made him slow to react. Black edged his vision.

Before Sadowski completely fell into comfortable oblivion, he could see his reflection in what was left of his visor.

His Green eyes had changed to white... As he slumped forwards, he could see between the bandages.

White spikes now rode his skin. He would never awaken from this nightmare.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Six months have passed already? Man how time flies!!!

This was probably the hardest chapter for me to write. Of course in MF0 all sides have their own point of view, but I could never see Thanatos Corp as anything but a profit making heartless corporation. I guess we all can blame that on my personal love of the Alien franchise.

Also I knew the time would have to come when the story would take at least a partially dark turn. But this one seems darker than I originally planned. RL has thrown me a lot of Challenges over the past six months, and has tested me to my limits. Writing this has really helped me though. And my love for MF0 grows every time I get a chance to write more on the Lore for my campaign.

Thank you all for reading so far, more will come as I have time.
Erebus awaits us all...
NinjaLegendDoom
Chatty

Previous

Return to Mobile Frame Fan Fiction