Freedonia Needs You! (A Decisive Action Plug)

Discuss things not related to MFZ - Keep it civil

Freedonia Needs You! (A Decisive Action Plug)

Postby Atavism » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:02 pm

Hey everyone! I'm going to be participating in Decisive Action 3, it's a LEGO wargame similar to Risk where you build your armies- and community feedback determines their power. That means I need you! (Yes! You!) If you are interested at all, even just to follow along with the cool builds, please come make a MocPages account and help me accumulate Imaginary Internet Points to power my nation to victory!

(Just click on my flag to find my profile!)

And hey, if you are interested in participating there is still plenty of time to throw your hat in the ring! It'll be a variety of build styles, though I'm hoping microscale will have a worthy niche, and Digital builds are allowed this year (assuming they are consistent with existing legos). The rules declassify the 30th if you want to hold out until you know exactly what you're in for, but the time for action is now!

-Official Advertisement-

Decisive Action 3 is the third iteration of a MOC-driven war game in which players compete for control of the world using armies, air forces, and navies build from Lego.

The game is run by a dedicated staff (myself, Michael Rutherford and Caleb Inman) who do not play in the game, so there is no conflict of interest or bias. The rules are published, and enforcement of those rules is consistent and transparent. All players are treated equally in all aspects of the game. The rules bind all players equally.

Decisive Action 3 is a game for competitive, creative, Lego builders who like to communicate. To succeed in the game, you will have to build in diverse styles, and within highly restrictive rules. Above all, in this game you will have to build, post, review and attack. You will have to do it quickly, and you will have to do it often.

Make no mistake, DA is difficult. If it were easy, the game would be called "checkers" not "Decisive Action 3." If you are thin skinned. If you can't take a punch and walk it off... this may not be the best game for you. In Decisive Action, you can count on competing in an environment of respect, but that doesn't take any of the sting out of defeat. And in this game, every player but one WILL feel that sting.

However, if you are resilient, creative, and looking to develop as a MOC builder, a strategist, and a communicator, and if you are looking to meet other like minded builders, then come and check out the action on MOCpages.

DA3 Ready Room

The game begins on 4/6/18 at 1:00pm PDT(Pacific Daylight Time) If you're interested in playing and you don't have a MOCpages account, I encourage you to act quickly, the account verification process can take up to two weeks.

Observe. Assess. Decide, and then commit.

Ignorance may be bliss... but indecision kills.

This is Decisive Action.
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Mod Team

Re: Freedonia Needs You! (A Decisive Action Plug)

Postby VitorFaria » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:22 pm

Once I reanimate my old MOCPages account, I'll sure stand with you!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Atavism » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:03 pm

Thank you, Vitor!
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:20 am

Although I will not be able to play, you got my vote :D !
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Been Around The Block

Postby Atavism » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:55 am

Thanks KFA! I will mention, you have to have a Mocpages account for your votes to help me (only registered users are counted to help deterr cheats), and I appreciate that it's a bit of an ask. No hard feelings against anyone who doesn't want to jump through the hoops.

That said, I'm pretty excited! I'll be sharing my builds on this thread and hopefully I can sneak something MFZ appropriate into my army!
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby Atavism » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:41 pm

BEHOLD THE FORCES OF FREEDONIA!

Mechanized Infantry:
The build required a tracked or six-wheel vehicle, with spare track/wheel, capable of carrying six troopers a gunner and a driver. The gunner was to have a rotating turret. (I have to build a boat that can haul it later! :shock: )

High Command:
This build required a National Leader (Look familiar?), a Propaganda Minister, a Science Minister, a War Minister, a Second-In-Command, a Bodyguard, three walls, a podium with a mic, and a potted plant.

Ground Attack Aircraft:
This build had to seat two, have adjustable wings, three modes of attack, and an air intake.

PT Boat:
This build had to be "in water;" have four torpedo tubes with at least one firing; a second weapon, a crew of a gunner, engineer, captain, and seaman; and be 30 studs long.
I like turtles.

LIKE MY STUFF? DON'T LIKE MY STUFF BUT LIKE ME? DON'T LIKE ME BUT WANT TO HELP?
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby Blorf » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:41 pm

So awesome. Thanks for sharing!
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby spacemonkey » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:20 pm

Amazing! It's fun to see you flexing your creative muscles in another theater, Atavism!
spacemonkey
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Atavism » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:21 am

Blorf wrote:So awesome. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you, Blorf!

spacemonkey wrote:Amazing! It's fun to see you flexing your creative muscles in another theater, Atavism!

Thanks Spacemonkey! It's been nice to take a break and do other stuff. It's a little surprising how building changes outside of our wheelhouse. There's some real challenges I never really thought about before, like using/filling blank space. It's definitely a learning experience!

And of course, much more to come!
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby Atavism » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:51 pm

Some more stuff! I should have my first combat on Friday, so I'm here once more to shamelessly beg anyone with a Mocpages account (or willing to make one) to come log in and give my things a 4-5 rating! Any support will help propel me to victory!

A Bigger Boat:

Another Plane:

A Landing Craft, it was specced that it had to be able to carry the APC, have a wheelhouse with two crew, and a up-down ramp.

And if you curious about the game, follow along here!
Atavism
Mod Team

Return to Off Topic