[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mobile Frame Hangar • View topic - What LEGO series would you like to see brought back?

What LEGO series would you like to see brought back?

Discuss things not related to MFZ - Keep it civil

What LEGO series would you like to see brought back?

Postby gusindor » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:59 pm

With the new Bionicle reboot gearing up for the second wave, I've been daydreaming about the possibility that LEGO will revisit some of their other nostalgia-laden themes from long ago. Maybe not direct continuations, but spiritual successors to the lines that adult fans loved as kids. So if something like that were to happen, what themes would you most like to see brought back?
Always bring a speech to a gunfight.
gusindor
MFZ:RA Game Designer

Re: What LEGO series would you like to see brought back?

Postby Atavism » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:54 pm

Ice Planet is my first choice. The colors were great and there was lots of neat stuff.

I wish I hadn't missed out on Exoforce (mostly for the evil robots) and Mars Mission. Maybe power miners too, the rock monsters were neat.

UFO is my probably my favorite set, and I still have one of their "Warp Wing Fighter" models built from when I was a kid. I don't really want it back though, a lot of its appeal was printed parts that don't work with much else.
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby FragsturBait » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:07 am

A retro-space reboot would make me so happy. 3 or 4 sets each from Classic Space, Space Police, Ice Planet, UFO, Blacktron, and M-Tron could hit all the right notes.

Exo-Force would also be a prime candidate. Mixel-joint-mecha... MMMMmmmmm...
FragsturBait
Talkative

Postby DestinyPlayer » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:27 am

I would really like a reboot of Rock Raiders. I completely missed out on it, and the only thing with it I had was the video game... But I loved it, and I was so, so sad when it finally stopped working.
DestinyPlayer
Young Gun

Postby Blorf » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:02 am

Blacktron, but it's tough to say exactly how. I liked the Blacktron II sets better, but the Blacktron I minifig is still my favorite of all time.

Maybe primarily black from I but with trans green from II.

Blorf
Mod Team

Postby pasukaru76 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:42 am

Blacktron II.

Though from a Lego builder perspective, Life on Mars would be cool due to the amount of sand green/sand blue/sand red/sand purple.
pasukaru76
Talkative

Postby Hackjob » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:18 am

I'm not sure if this is a "series" or not , but I haven't seen a set with a technic figure in it in years. Maybe I'm just not looking at the right sets, do they still make the them? I think they could be an excellent source of frame parts.
-Hackjob

Hackjob
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Red_Robot » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:49 am

I would love to see a retro-space reboot, with reissues of the old style spaceman minfigs with an expanded palette of colors (like the new green ones from the exo-suit set). And if TLG did that I would need a Blacktron revisit as well.

I would also love to see another set like Exo-Force, though it wouldn't need to be a straight reboot for me. Something along the lines where guys in giant robots fight kaiju or giant space monster would be cool. That's pretty much why I got into that last run of Hero Factory. Plus it might encourage them to produce mixel joints in a wider variety of colors.

And honestly I'd like to see another Aquazone related set. The Atlantis set had some great minifigs and accessories and had probably my favorite transforming LEGO robot of all time.
When the Weepers first came through the gate, we didn't know why. We only knew that they were angry.
Red_Robot
Been Around The Block

Postby Foghammer » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:24 am

Another vote for Ice Planet from me, but Rock Raiders had the most dark turquoise pieces I had ever seen outside of technic sets, and they really don't use that color enough.

Foghammer
Old Guard

Postby Jay Biquadrate » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:47 pm

There are just too many old themes and sets that I'd want to see re-released. All of the post-classic space, pre-mandatory conflict era space themes. M-Tron, Space Police I, Futron, Blacktron I and II, Ice Planet 2002 were my favorites. I don't have quite the same fondness for Space Police II, UFO, Exploriens, Unitron, Spyrius or Roboforce, but there are plenty of sets from that 1987-1997 era that I would love to see again. I would also love a return to some of the classic castle factions. Especially the Forestmen and Wolfpack.

What I'd really love to see is a "LEGO Classics" series, where TLG either updates old sets with new pieces, or releases new sets "inspired by" the old themes. The series would be more like mini-UCS sets or LEGO Ideas sets labeled as Ages 12+ and sold in in the $75-120 range. I'd see it as a win-win for TLG. They don't need to actually commit to a whole theme that might not sell well with the kids, but they could tap into the nostalgia factor of adults that was clearly a huge driving force behind the sales of Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! and the Exo Suit.
Jay Biquadrate
Talkative

Postby Vitoria » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:34 pm

Nobody else would want Spyrius back?
Vitoria (she/her)
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby eatrepeat » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:27 pm

All I want back is some good old plain faces.
If my Frames stay out of the Star Wars universe...
eatrepeat
Been Around The Block

Postby FrostCollar » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:18 am

Looks like a lot of space stuff is covered, so I'll throw in one of the underwater themes. Aquaraiders especially were kind of neat, and as we all know more subs means more claw arms for all uses. Other Aquazone stuff is good too, but I liked the greens of Aquaraiders the most. It's a pity that their models weren't all that great.
FrostCollar
Talkative

Return to Off Topic