LED Lighting

Discuss things not related to MFZ - Keep it civil

LED Lighting

Postby Blorf » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:18 pm

Sparkfun just started carrying these:

My excitement diminished somewhat when realized the leads coming out of the bottom is probably not the best choice. Still, they're fun and might be useful sometime.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Re: LED Lighting

Postby darksyntax » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:13 pm

Blorf wrote:My excitement diminished somewhat when realized the leads coming out of the bottom..

This.
darksyntax
Mod Team

Postby eatrepeat » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:28 pm

I trust my dremel will be able to make a port to get the leads out one side but does the female bottom hold a stud?
If my Frames stay out of the Star Wars universe...
eatrepeat
Been Around The Block

Postby Blorf » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:46 pm

eatrepeat wrote:I trust my dremel will be able to make a port to get the leads out one side but does the female bottom hold a stud?

Unfortunately, that too depends on your Dremel skills.

Now I'm thinking it would be both more flexible and probably cheaper to just buy a pack of 3mm whites, bricklink some trans-color 1×1s, and stand by with the Dremel and hot glue. The parts would definitely be cheaper, it's the shipping from multiple vendors that might kill it.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Return to Off Topic