[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mobile Frame Hangar • View topic - A temporary farewell

A temporary farewell

Discuss things not related to MFZ - Keep it civil

A temporary farewell

Postby XGundam05 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:31 am

This community has been an amazing one, but I haven't been that active lately. I've got a couple of "new" builds I'll post here soon, but for the most part, I'll probably be fairly inactive the next several months. And so I bid farewell for now. I'll still pop on every now and again, but I have a couple of projects that will be taking up a significant amount of my time.

I wouldn't be the builder I am today if it weren't for this community, so I hope that my parting doesn't last too long ;)
- "I will not die here / I still have too much to do / And too much ammo" ~ Zer0
XGundam05
Grizzled Veteran

Re: A temporary farewell

Postby Sovietshadow » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:11 am

Namárië, a calainis in gwae dî eg roval ú putta

English translation of Elvish script:

farewell, and may the wind beneath your wings never falter.

That's right, I know elvish
You laugh at fate, and fate will laugh right back at you.
Sovietshadow
Talkative

Postby Jay Biquadrate » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:01 am

It's sad to see you go, but I certainly understand how other interests and projects can rob us all of LEGO time. I hope that, in time, you find your way back here, I suspect a lot of the newer members of the community really look up to you and the other Grizzled Veteran MFZ builders.

I don't think that I'd be the builder that I am today, or possibly even building at all if it wasn't for you. In the beginning, I think it was stunning designs from you, Mitten, and Soren that initially attracted me to MFZ, brought me back to LEGO and eventually led me here to this community.

Good luck to you in your future endeavors. I'll look forward to seeing whatever last few builds that you have in the pipeline.
Jay Biquadrate
Talkative

Postby Mantisking » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:31 pm

Stay safe and have fun with the projects that will be keeping you busy. We'll still be here when you come back. :mrgreen:

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Foghammer » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:34 am

A salute to you, sir. Godspeed, and we hope to see you around in the future.

Hopefully with some rad new spin on the XVM. :)
Foghammer
Old Guard

Postby XGundam05 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:25 am

Thanks guys :) I'll try not to be too long (and I'll try to kick things off with a new XVM spin when I get back ;) )

And as an explanation: the interpreting agency my wife works for had gotten the contract to provide services for a local university for the next several years. As she provides C-Print captioning services, she winds up working in excess of 60 hours a week as she has to also edit the transcripts from the classes she captions. (She is both an ASL interpreter and C-Print captionist. It's pretty amazing what she does.)

So I get to do the housework ;) which leaves not much time for hobbies. What time I have currently is being spent on creating a Virtual On/Cybersled arcade cabinet (using a Raspberry Pi 2 and a couple of Happ joysticks).

So maybe come summer or fall, I hope to be back and about as active as I used to be in building things. And maybe, just maybe I can convince some friends to finally play a game or several :D
- "I will not die here / I still have too much to do / And too much ammo" ~ Zer0
XGundam05
Grizzled Veteran

Postby CmdrRook » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:05 am

Virtual On is one of my all time favorite arcade cabs. Good luck with the project, and hats off to supporting your other half. Perhaps you'll have time for the odd forum post, even f you're not bricking for a while?
CmdrRook
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Blorf » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:06 am

I haven't really used my ASL since I left Rochester. I do miss it.

Let us know how that cabinet works out. I'd be interested to see it.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby Hackjob » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:56 am

You are a great builder and a pillar in the community- good luck and we eagerly await your return!

-Hackjob
-Hackjob

Hackjob
Grizzled Veteran

Postby XGundam05 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:05 pm

So, events have conspired to cut the anticipated hiatus period short (a good thing). One of the students my wife was captioning for dropped, so now she has some slightly more sane working hours. And one of my friends finally got his 3D printer (one of the Micro 3D printers from M3D), so the arcade cabinet project is able to take up less time (inasmuch as I no longer have to hand carve the joysticks).

Sorry if it feels I was being attention-grabby, I did not intend for that to be the case. I just didn't want to slip off the radar with no explanation for my absence ;)
XGundam05
Grizzled Veteran

Postby spacemonkey » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:20 pm

Fortune smiles upon you! Welcome back! :D
spacemonkey
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Foghammer » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:31 pm

Already said it in the frame design thread, but welcome back! Glad things are calming down for you. :)
Foghammer
Old Guard

Return to Off Topic