M.I.C.E.

This forum is for any non-Frame, non-Alpha Bandit creations that will be rolling dice during play.

M.I.C.E.

Postby Artasid » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:27 pm

M.I.C.E.

Mobile Information Collection Equipment.

This tracked vehicle was designed specifically for Scouting, Recon, and Artillery Spotting Missions. It's simple design and low profile allows it to blend in easily in urban areas, and its underside tracks allow it to travers difficult terrain, though perhaps not as easily as craft with hover technology. It's top mounted Range Finder Targeting Scope allow the Electronic Speciallist inside to locate and target enemy units or targets of opportunities, and then passes the coordinates to nearby artillery units with its Relay System situated in the vehicles 'tail'. Its mouse like appearance is responsible for the vehicles name, and likewise often plays 'Cat and Mouse' with its targets.

The M.I.C.E. however, is extremely lightly armored and has no weapons of its own, so it must rely on it's speed for defense and protection from other covering units. Yet, despite these drawbacks, the M.I.C.E. is a valuable asset to any long range attacking unit.

ImageM.I.C.E.
M.I.C.E.: d6Y Range Finder, d6Y Relay System, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

Also, here is a Lego Digital Designer file for anyone interested in bricking their own:
M.I.C.E. LDD

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Re: M.I.C.E.

Postby VitorFaria » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:20 pm

Not sure how I missed that. Killer armored vehicle, Artasid!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Francisco Duarte » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:04 am

Haven't managed to reply to this before, but I find this build to be both visually appeasing and interesting to play with. My Ostscout frame is similar, in terms of systems, and I found it to be a very overlooked unit on the field. It can run around spotting enemies while being ignored by the greener players, causing utter havoc with all the solid spotting.

Which makes me think: have you been able to use this in a game, and if so, have you had the same experience?
Francisco Duarte
Talkative

Postby Artasid » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:21 am

VitorFaria wrote:Not sure how I missed that. Killer armored vehicle, Artasid!

It's a sneaky little devil. :lol: Thank you VitorFaria

Francisco Duarte wrote:Haven't managed to reply to this before, but I find this build to be both visually appeasing and interesting to play with. My Ostscout frame is similar, in terms of systems, and I found it to be a very overlooked unit on the field. It can run around spotting enemies while being ignored by the greener players, causing utter havoc with all the solid spotting.

Which makes me think: have you been able to use this in a game, and if so, have you had the same experience?

I have not been able to use the M.I.C.E. for a game, but I have used units with the same or similar loadouts, and in the games I've played, newer players, like in your experiences, tend to ignore it because they don't see it as a threat. However, against others who have played the game before, or know my play style, make a bee line for my spotters once the game starts because they KNOW what havoc an uncontested spotter can do 8-)
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Return to Vehicle Designs