H&K Puma Combat Vehicle

This forum is for any non-Frame, non-Alpha Bandit creations that will be rolling dice during play.

H&K Puma Combat Vehicle

Postby NinjaLegendDoom » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:45 am

*A shady looking man wearing what appears to be a garbage bag to keep the rain off gestures to you in the distance*

I hear your in the market for something budget....

*His bright eyes seem to pierce your soul, even as his head twitches from left to right*

Yes, yes of course I've heard of those cheapo frames that fall apart in a stiff breeze... What I offer you is a chance to catch your enemy off guard, y'see.

*He takes you down a back alleyway and pulls the tarp off four small packages*

ImageH&K Puma Combat Vehicle by NinjaLegendDoom, on Flickr

H&K had a reputation of making superior equipment ever since mankind was stuck to the Sol system. This was created as a last effort by them to compete with the then unpopular military Frame.

*The man gives you a sidelong glance*

Don't look at me like that! I have witnessed Free Colonies use these to bring down a Chub! The best part is the components are cheap... Noone wants to be caught dead using outdated tech like this!

*As the rain turns to a downpour, the man begins to haggle*

Trust you me, these little devils will not only beat all comers, it comes with full climate control! Leather interior! A cigarette lighter! Even a radio to intercept enemy transmissions! Y'see, you can't afford not to have it! How many can I get you?

I had originally planned to use these cars as terrain, but my wife was impressed by the model I made with the tiny cannon on top. Of course, I understand that in Mobile Frame Zero the Frames are top of the pecking order. However in my head I can't help thinking that two of these with a tow cable between them could trip one up (ala Star Wars Empire Strikes Back). Really easy to build, and I imagine that in the Mobile Frame timeline Cars are a lot less expensive, C&C always Welcome!
Erebus awaits us all...
d8Rh This is the way of the Ninja d8Rh
NinjaLegendDoom
Talkative

Re: H&K Puma Combat Vehicle

Postby gusindor » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:44 pm

These are really cool!
NinjaLegendDoom wrote:Of course, I understand that in Mobile Frame Zero the Frames are top of the pecking order. However in my head I can't help thinking that two of these with a tow cable between them could trip one up (ala Star Wars Empire Strikes Back).

You could field two as one unit, maybe with a small chain or something to connect them, like what people do for powered armor. You could even use a tow cable as d6Rh d6Rh!
Always bring a speech to a gunfight.
gusindor
MFZ:RA Game Designer

Postby VitorFaria » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:05 am

Those are really nice.

I'm considering building some wheeled vehicles for MFZ as well. I wonder if I can try something similar.
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby NinjaLegendDoom » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:50 am

VitorFaria wrote:Those are really nice.

I'm considering building some wheeled vehicles for MFZ as well. I wonder if I can try something similar.

Thank you! The trouble I originally ran into building these was I used a full brick on top of the wheels... It made them seem far too tall for the sleek look I was looking for. It also made the wheels look too small. However, the vehicles were totally worth the trouble of building and rebuilding :D

gusindor wrote:These are really cool!
NinjaLegendDoom wrote:Of course, I understand that in Mobile Frame Zero the Frames are top of the pecking order. However in my head I can't help thinking that two of these with a tow cable between them could trip one up (ala Star Wars Empire Strikes Back).

You could field two as one unit, maybe with a small chain or something to connect them, like what people do for powered armor. You could even use a tow cable as d6Rh d6Rh!

Thank you! I agree that using two together would be the best, and I think it would be funny to have them on either side of a frame in game with the chain around it.
Erebus awaits us all...
d8Rh This is the way of the Ninja d8Rh
NinjaLegendDoom
Talkative

Return to Vehicle Designs