Tank team

This forum is for any non-Frame, non-Alpha Bandit creations that will be rolling dice during play.

Tank team

Postby eatrepeat » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:37 am

So as it were I made my mom a lego ornament for mothers day. As this week began I had already decided my dad would be getting a tank so I began looking around. Before long I was building a company of tanks and wildly laughing at how easily he was going to be roped in to this :)
ImageMFZ Future Micro Tanks by jj jj, on Flickr

These are the super tightly cramped 2 man tanks. They fight frames side by side, tank by tank. With 2 tanks maneuvering together as one unit.
If my Frames stay out of the Star Wars universe...
eatrepeat
Been Around The Block

Re: Tank team

Postby VitorFaria » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:32 pm

You know you're spending too much time on this forum when you misread "tank" as "twank".

Those are very nice thou, as I've already said on Flickr!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Re: Tank team

Postby eatrepeat » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:43 pm

=) Thanks VitorFaria! Those are all very basic. 1x2 inverted slopes, three wide, get studs on the side. The real fun was doing it upside down. Any way those four are actually just 2 units so not enough fire power to face a company or even guard an orchard :p So let me introduce the spacious three man tanks and the WarMachine.

ImageMFZ Future Micro Tanks by jj jj, on Flickr

The design idea kinda went like 'make it future, and kinda throw-back-ish' but i just kind of figured that tanks were obsolete because frames could fight. I was committed though and so i decided to make it costly in man power. That meant a gunner and a driver at least and a third in models like these for systems/navigation. These "tanks" here are actually strategic battlefield coordination weapons. With each filling in niche gaps for the other models. they don't fight in tandem, instead they must use formation. The far left is a wheeled gun with deep earth sensors for long range listening and real-time frame tracking. On the right is a brutal menace. Heavy-metal armour and angled plating, knock-out cannon, ecto1 sensor and signal relay earn it the name The WarMachine. But it was given under the dark reality of its other role after the battle as the trauma center. Also why it must be so well armoured.
Last in the center is Big Ben. The multi-caliber turret uses two barrels and a laser guidance system to deliver 'smart rounds' to small or moving targets. This turret can lift to give better view from behind cover and remarkably still fire!

I hope to get a game in with my father this weekend, so I hope he can help me fluff it out.
If my Frames stay out of the Star Wars universe...
eatrepeat
Been Around The Block

Return to Vehicle Designs