Pigeon Walker

This forum is for any non-Frame, non-Alpha Bandit creations that will be rolling dice during play.

Pigeon Walker

Postby Obbyking » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:13 pm

"Too small to be a Frame, too exposed to be a Twank, and practically useless unless running, the Pigeon Walker was that outlying design that didnt just fit in anywhere. Im really glad that we never actually took the time to produce these..." Kiey, Head Designer of IronHorse Resources

Saw a leg design on another frame that I liked, and tried to throw it into..something. This is what came out. Its not bad, but certainly not the best. I have been working on my official team, so I'll have two really awesome frames to show off pretty soon here. In the mean time enjoy....this.....
"Because Felt is not enough."
Obbyking
Talkative

Re: Pigeon Walker

Postby Luke_BMM » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:08 pm

Just for the sake of stability, had you considered something like this?

leg.jpg
Luke_BMM
Been Around The Block

Postby Obbyking » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:20 pm

Luke_BMM wrote:Just for the sake of stability, had you considered something like this?

leg.jpg

Thats kind of the joke. What I liked about the leg design was the 'one point' sort of contact, I have no intent of ever building this IRL. Actual stability is not a goal. (And if it was, that would be somewhat close to what i would go for)
Obbyking
Talkative

Postby Blorf » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:40 pm

Obbyking wrote:Actual stability is not a goal. (And if it was, that would be somewhat close to what i would go for)

Rather than spoil it, if you could find a way to make it a tripod you could keep the no-foot design.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby Obbyking » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:39 pm

Blorf wrote:
Obbyking wrote:Actual stability is not a goal. (And if it was, that would be somewhat close to what i would go for)

Rather than spoil it, if you could find a way to make it a tripod you could keep the no-foot design.

Once again a great idea, but the Mech I designed the legs on had four limbs so I don't want to steal its thunder. This was really just a five minute throw together...
Obbyking
Talkative

Postby FrostCollar » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:34 pm

Obbyking wrote:
Blorf wrote:

Once again a great idea, but the Mech I designed the legs on had four limbs so I don't want to steal its thunder. This was really just a five minute throw together...

Well, if that's how you feel that's fine, but it's a neat design and if you'd ever decided to brick it out in a slightly more stable configuration (I prefer four legs personally but the other suggestions are good too) we'd love to see it!
FrostCollar
Talkative

Return to Vehicle Designs