Hovering Tank

This forum is for any non-Frame, non-Alpha Bandit creations that will be rolling dice during play.

Hovering Tank

Postby pepitosegrilla » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:47 pm

Hi, I'm quite new here, but I'd like to share my designs. This is a hovering tank with snow/urban camouflage. The systems it carries are just coloured dots that indicate the type and number or systems. The name is only funny in spanish, so I'll skip it here
Attachments
IMG_20150306_160409.jpg
IMG_20150306_160455.jpg
Last edited by pepitosegrilla on Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
pepitosegrilla
Chatty
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:32 pm

Re: Hovering Tank

Postby Mantisking » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:48 pm

That looks really neat.
User avatar
Mantisking
Mod Team
 
Posts: 4765
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:17 pm
Location: Natick, MA, U.S.A.

Re: Hovering Tank

Postby Dukayn » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:25 pm

Mantisking wrote:That looks really neat.

Agreed, that's a really cool design. It looks like it might actually swivel in the middle? Or is that just an optical illusion?
User avatar
Dukayn
Mod Team
 
Posts: 2817
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:43 pm

Re: Hovering Tank

Postby pepitosegrilla » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:33 pm

Dukayn wrote:
Mantisking wrote:That looks really neat.

Agreed, that's a really cool design. It looks like it might actually swivel in the middle? Or is that just an optical illusion?

Thanks you both, and the turret swivels, of course ;-)
User avatar
pepitosegrilla
Chatty
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:32 pm

Re: Hovering Tank

Postby Atavism » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:52 pm

Those flaps have the perfect look for a hovertank. Great work!
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
User avatar
Atavism
Grizzled Veteran
 
Posts: 906
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:35 am

Re: Hovering Tank

Postby CmdrRook » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:06 pm

Really appreciating the application of a grating decal over the intakes on each part of the skirt. Looks functional and futuristic.

Keep in mind that despite a heavy concentration of our members being located in the US, a portion of those members can read/speak at least some Spanish, as part of compulsory language teaching in primary school. That aside, even if we weren't to "get" the joke, we still appreciate knowing the names of the designs folks choose to share with us. Try not to feel self-concious, I've never known the crew here to be anything less than supportive.
User avatar
CmdrRook
Been Around The Block
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:15 pm
Location: Western MA, USA

Re: Hovering Tank

Postby Mantisking » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:11 pm

CmdrRook wrote:Really appreciating the application of a grating decal over the intakes on each part of the skirt. Looks functional and futuristic.

That's actually a printed piece. I really need to get a big bag of them, they are so useful.
User avatar
Mantisking
Mod Team
 
Posts: 4765
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:17 pm
Location: Natick, MA, U.S.A.

Re: Hovering Tank

Postby pepitosegrilla » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:56 pm

CmdrRook wrote:Keep in mind that despite a heavy concentration of our members being located in the US, a portion of those members can read/speak at least some Spanish, as part of compulsory language teaching in primary school. That aside, even if we weren't to "get" the joke, we still appreciate knowing the names of the designs folks choose to share with us. Try not to feel self-concious, I've never known the crew here to be anything less than supportive.

Ok, it's both a complicated and lame joke, but I'll tell you since you ask. I named it "Viele Danke", which is German for "thanks a lot", but in Spanish it sounds a lot like "vil tanque" ("vile tank", in english), so I found it amusing to say "thank you" with such "subtle" weaponry. And that's why I think Hovertank, or Hovering Tank is more appropriate for international audiences ;-)
User avatar
pepitosegrilla
Chatty
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:32 pm

Re: Hovering Tank

Postby CmdrRook » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:01 pm

pepitosegrilla wrote:Ok, it's both a complicated and lame joke, but I'll tell you since you ask. I named it "Viele Danke", which is German for "thanks a lot", but in Spanish it sounds a lot like "vil tanque" ("vile tank", in english), so I found it amusing to say "thank you" with such "subtle" weaponry. And that's why I think Hovertank, or Hovering Tank is more appropriate for international audiences ;-)


Clever word-play will always have a home here. I guess it would qualify as a pun with some sarcastic over-tones. All in all, quite entertaining.

EDIT: fixed my broken quote

P.S. Tank you very much for sharing!
User avatar
CmdrRook
Been Around The Block
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:15 pm
Location: Western MA, USA

Re: Hovering Tank

Postby pepitosegrilla » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:14 pm

CmdrRook wrote:P.S. Tank you very much for sharing!

:D
User avatar
pepitosegrilla
Chatty
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:32 pm


Return to Vehicle Designs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest