Hovering Tank

This forum is for any non-Frame, non-Alpha Bandit creations that will be rolling dice during play.

Hovering Tank

Postby pepitosegrilla » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:47 pm

Hi, I'm quite new here, but I'd like to share my designs. This is a hovering tank with snow/urban camouflage. The systems it carries are just coloured dots that indicate the type and number or systems. The name is only funny in spanish, so I'll skip it here
Attachments
IMG_20150306_160409.jpg
IMG_20150306_160455.jpg
Last edited by pepitosegrilla on Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pepitosegrilla
Chatty

Re: Hovering Tank

Postby Mantisking » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:48 pm

That looks really neat.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Dukayn » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:25 pm

Mantisking wrote:That looks really neat.

Agreed, that's a really cool design. It looks like it might actually swivel in the middle? Or is that just an optical illusion?
Dukayn
Mod Team

Postby pepitosegrilla » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:33 pm

Dukayn wrote:
Mantisking wrote:That looks really neat.

Agreed, that's a really cool design. It looks like it might actually swivel in the middle? Or is that just an optical illusion?

Thanks you both, and the turret swivels, of course ;-)
pepitosegrilla
Chatty

Postby Atavism » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:52 pm

Those flaps have the perfect look for a hovertank. Great work!
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Grizzled Veteran

Postby CmdrRook » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:06 pm

Really appreciating the application of a grating decal over the intakes on each part of the skirt. Looks functional and futuristic.

Keep in mind that despite a heavy concentration of our members being located in the US, a portion of those members can read/speak at least some Spanish, as part of compulsory language teaching in primary school. That aside, even if we weren't to "get" the joke, we still appreciate knowing the names of the designs folks choose to share with us. Try not to feel self-concious, I've never known the crew here to be anything less than supportive.
CmdrRook
Been Around The Block

Postby Mantisking » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:11 pm

CmdrRook wrote:Really appreciating the application of a grating decal over the intakes on each part of the skirt. Looks functional and futuristic.

That's actually a printed piece. I really need to get a big bag of them, they are so useful.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby pepitosegrilla » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:56 pm

CmdrRook wrote:Keep in mind that despite a heavy concentration of our members being located in the US, a portion of those members can read/speak at least some Spanish, as part of compulsory language teaching in primary school. That aside, even if we weren't to "get" the joke, we still appreciate knowing the names of the designs folks choose to share with us. Try not to feel self-concious, I've never known the crew here to be anything less than supportive.

Ok, it's both a complicated and lame joke, but I'll tell you since you ask. I named it "Viele Danke", which is German for "thanks a lot", but in Spanish it sounds a lot like "vil tanque" ("vile tank", in english), so I found it amusing to say "thank you" with such "subtle" weaponry. And that's why I think Hovertank, or Hovering Tank is more appropriate for international audiences ;-)
pepitosegrilla
Chatty

Postby CmdrRook » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:01 pm

pepitosegrilla wrote:Ok, it's both a complicated and lame joke, but I'll tell you since you ask. I named it "Viele Danke", which is German for "thanks a lot", but in Spanish it sounds a lot like "vil tanque" ("vile tank", in english), so I found it amusing to say "thank you" with such "subtle" weaponry. And that's why I think Hovertank, or Hovering Tank is more appropriate for international audiences ;-)

Clever word-play will always have a home here. I guess it would qualify as a pun with some sarcastic over-tones. All in all, quite entertaining.

EDIT: fixed my broken quote

P.S. Tank you very much for sharing!
CmdrRook
Been Around The Block

Postby pepitosegrilla » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:14 pm

CmdrRook wrote:P.S. Tank you very much for sharing!

:D
pepitosegrilla
Chatty

Return to Vehicle Designs