"JackRabbit" Heavy Tank [MegaBloks] Feb 1 Update!

This forum is for any non-Frame, non-Alpha Bandit creations that will be rolling dice during play.

"JackRabbit" Heavy Tank [MegaBloks] Feb 1 Update!

Postby CmdrRook » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:30 pm

OP spoiled because it's out-dated. Made a small update to the design with which I would not be ashamed to field this unit.
d6Ra / d6Rd d6G d6B d6Y I'm satisfied with this stat-line, as it suits its role as a hutching tank more accurately. As is clear, it takes its design cues mainly from modern tanks and self-propelled guns.

Spoiler: show
Veloci-Tek has released its first prototype for a heavy land vehicle, the JackRabbit Tank, seen here configured as a self-propelled artillery and mobile command center.
d6G d6B d6Y d6Y d6Ra d6Ra

This project started as a way to implement the "Drone Attack" CoD set's treads in a believably 7p vehicle. Whether it was successful or not is for y'all to decide. A pretty basic Stud-on-Top build for the most part, the turret was the most challenging to keep from being too bulky or restrictive for the gun. Stole the resulting design roughly from my Macaque Assault Frame.

Questions and comments are appreciated and encouraged.
Last edited by CmdrRook on Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CmdrRook
Been Around The Block

Re: "JackRabbit" Heavy Tank [MegaBloks]

Postby gusindor » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:17 am

The little bit of armor over the treads is a nice touch.
Always bring a speech to a gunfight.
gusindor
MFZ:RA Game Designer

Postby MoronicCinamun » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:17 pm

As someone who recently tried to make a tank, I like it!
Although your dice there are bugging me, that's an illegal loadout (you have 5 systems) :p
But yes, it looks very good; I enjoy the side skirts and how it seems to fit the scale rather well, how it's simple and get's the job done. Also the camo parts fits well.
MoronicCinamun
Talkative

Postby CmdrRook » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:33 pm

MoronicCinamun wrote:As someone who recently tried to make a tank, I like it!
Although your dice there are bugging me, that's an illegal loadout (you have 5 systems) :p
But yes, it looks very good; I enjoy the side skirts and how it seems to fit the scale rather well, how it's simple and get's the job done. Also the camo parts fits well.

Right you are, and I seemed to have missed it. To resolve it, I'd probably drop the skirts and the armor, or take off one of the odds and ends I stuck on for a sensor die.

Thanks for the kind words. Definitely not getting a whole company out of this recent acquisition and wondering where to go next. Some of the other MB sets have interesting prospects, but I think I need to pad out my Lego options, first...
CmdrRook
Been Around The Block

Return to Vehicle Designs