Anvil Heavy Support Tank

This forum is for any non-Frame, non-Alpha Bandit creations that will be rolling dice during play.

Anvil Heavy Support Tank

Postby MoronicCinamun » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:24 pm

My first Tank that I feel is actually good not complete garbage ;)
ImageAnvil front by MoronicCinamun, on Flickr

ImageAnvil treads by MoronicCinamun, on Flickr

Imageanvil top by MoronicCinamun, on Flickr

I'm not too satisfied with the treads, if only because I don't have 12 matching color studs, otherwise, I am quite satisfied with the overall geometry, something I normally don't do well with.

Systems and armaments: The anvil is commonly up-armored with simple XRA plate for added suitability d6B. A focused searchlight on the turret can easily illuminated target locations, aiding allies' locating and firing d6Y .
As I like to do for fluff purposes since Frames are the best and baddest, I give my non-frames 3 systems (or less), making them good for rounding out a company and/or underbiding.

The Foehammer cannon (pictured above) is short and stout, firing high caliber HE shells with low velocites. Wide explosion radius makes it effective against Frames, which typically are lighter but faster than the tanks of old [citation needed] d6Rd d6Rd

Imageanvil doomblade by MoronicCinamun, on Flickr

The Doomblade cannon fires rocket assisted AP shells at startling velocities. It doesn't have the sheer power of a massive HE shell, but can effectively deal with targets across a broad range of distances d6Ra / d6Rd

Imageanvil screacher by MoronicCinamun, on Flickr

The Screacher incendiary projector is probably the simplest and least elegant of the Anvil's armaments. While fire typically isn't the best weapon against mechanized units, targets close to the nozzle take levels of heat that can melt most metals rather quickly, while still being able to project the stream decent distances away d6Rh / d6Rd

Imageanvil hmg by MoronicCinamun, on Flickr

Sometimes, the search light is replaced in favor of more weaponry, and a simple roof-top mounted MG, modified to be remote operated from within and given an expanded drum, better cooling, and a muzzle break allows for additional medium-ranged fire power d6Rd d6Rd

Let me know what you guys think! I think scale might be tad off, although I did call it a Heavy Support Tank. Also, rule of cool, it's a mecha game ;)
MoronicCinamun
Talkative

Re: Anvil Heavy Support Tank

Postby MoronicCinamun » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:54 pm

quick update: made better flame thrower! (uses one of those "robot arms" like in Exo force)
Imageanvil screacher betta by MoronicCinamun, on Flickr

also, might be worth saying that I probably slightly ripped tread design from LowestFormofWit
MoronicCinamun
Talkative

Return to Vehicle Designs