Heavy tank "Pangolin"

This forum is for any non-Frame, non-Alpha Bandit creations that will be rolling dice during play.

Heavy tank "Pangolin"

Postby SeraphimKnight » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:08 am

Heavy Tank "Pangolin" by SeraphimKnight, on Flickr

Just a quick LDD doodle. Info & LDD file on the Flickr page :)
SeraphimKnight
Talkative

Re: Heavy tank "Pangolin"

Postby FrostCollar » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:58 pm

I don't mean to resuscitate a very old post, but no one actually commented on this one so I wanted to say that the turret here is really great! I'd definitely like to see a breakdown of how it's put together.

The front of the chassis is a little short though. I might be projecting because I've unsuccessfully tried to make a few tank designs with those very pieces, but I think if the front stuck out a bit more it might look better.

Overall though I like it!
FrostCollar
Talkative

Postby SeraphimKnight » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:38 am

Haha, thanks! As for the breakdown, if you have access to Lego Digital Designer, there's a link to its file on the flickr page. You can fiddle around with it as much as you want!
SeraphimKnight
Talkative

Postby Riptor25 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:43 am

I had missed this gem! Nice sleek design! Very futuristic.
A [Single-Set] Challenger has appeared!
"Use your head you can success. Price may discount, BUT enjoy never discount." The Boot-Lego guarantee.
Riptor25
Talkative

Postby SeraphimKnight » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:12 am

Thanks! You wouldn't believe the nonsense I had to pull to make the turret able to pivot at this size haha
SeraphimKnight
Talkative

Postby Riptor25 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:30 am

SeraphimKnight wrote:Thanks! You wouldn't believe the nonsense I had to pull to make the turret able to pivot at this size haha

Well now my curiosity is piqued. Can we get a breakdown of it?
"Use your head you can success. Price may discount, BUT enjoy never discount." The Boot-Lego guarantee.
Riptor25
Talkative

Postby SeraphimKnight » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:05 am

Oh, it's not a very complicated idea, but it took me a while to figure out how to do it. I wanted to make it spin on a turntable but it would've mean making the turret much bigger and seeing how large it is already I gave up on that. I ended up with this. 2x2 plate with one knob at the bottom, 1x2 plate with 1 knob to spin on top of it. 1x2 plate is recessed into the turret so that the turret spins in one piece. Also the ½ plate gap enables the ladder's stud not to get in the way of the turret's spinning. I could've used a turntable with 2 1x2 plates with one stud but I'd have had to use another 1x2 plate with one stud on top of it and the 1½ plate gap looked ugly.

I'll post a light breakdown of it later (or edit this post I guess).
SeraphimKnight
Talkative

Postby Riptor25 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:58 am

SeraphimKnight wrote: I ended up with this. 2x2 plate with one knob at the bottom, 1x2 plate with 1 knob to spin on top of it.

Nice! I see how the 2x1 one-stud fits in there just nicely while not interfering with the inner workings of the turret. Well done!
Riptor25
Talkative

Return to Vehicle Designs