TB-70 "Daybreaker" Frame Hunter Tank

This forum is for any non-Frame, non-Alpha Bandit creations that will be rolling dice during play.

TB-70 "Daybreaker" Frame Hunter Tank

Postby LowestFormOfWit » Wed May 02, 2012 2:42 am

The TB-70 "Daybreaker" is the flagship of the armored division of the Mistarille Dawn. The Daybreaker is a specialized Mobile Frame Hunter tank, and comes armed with heavy armor, electromagnetic hovertreads, two side sponsons hiding two twin autolasers and its signature "Skyshear" rapid Rail laser, capable of launching heavy shots far down the line, or burst shots at closer ranges. Piloted by a crew of 2-3 (shown), the Daybreaker is a formidable force on the frontlines.

Additional shots:
Side View
Front Vew
Rear View
Sponsons Sealed
LowestFormOfWit
Grizzled Veteran

Re: TB-70 "Daybreaker" Frame Hunter Tank

Postby carbonbass » Wed May 02, 2012 3:44 am

I like the design of this a lot, like a WWI tank sci-fi'd up with a huge Railcannon of a cherry on top. Very cool indeed.
"You find two men having a fist fight over peaches, sell both of them a rock, then let them fight some more. After that, offer to sell one of them a rock tied to a stick, and see who will pay more." ~ Loyd Wilson - Wilson Industries.
carbonbass
Talkative

Postby LowestFormOfWit » Wed May 02, 2012 7:35 am

Thanks so much! The WW1 tank look with high front treads was totally the look I was trying to capture and futurize (the tread shape is actually where I started), that and a slight nod to W40K's Space Marine Predator. I'm so glad someone finally saw it.
LowestFormOfWit
Grizzled Veteran

Postby morganm » Wed May 02, 2012 7:41 pm

While I like what you've done here I find your other creations to be simply amazing. I was just browsing through your flickr pics and drooling at the awesomeness.
morganm
Been Around The Block

Postby LowestFormOfWit » Thu May 03, 2012 12:14 am

Hah! Thank you. I've only just started with this MFZ stuff. I just posted the main force of work I've done on my flickr photostream over in the frame designs.
LowestFormOfWit
Grizzled Veteran

Postby randolph » Thu May 03, 2012 12:42 am

Cool! The fold-away guns are great!
WangTech, Inc.
Inexorable. Progress.
Company Overview
randolph
Grizzled Veteran

Postby The Trilobite » Thu May 03, 2012 1:00 am

I like how you've used shapes like the upside-down arch to suggest the parts involved and get the profile you're looking for. I also like the space-opera technobabble name "rail laser". :) The infantry are pretty cool too, with the tiles suggesting armor.
"What do you put on your head to see all this stuff?"
--Just one of many questions raised by Porcelain Llama Theater.

My Johari Window
The Trilobite
Grizzled Veteran

Postby LowestFormOfWit » Thu May 03, 2012 1:04 am

The Trilobite wrote:I like how you've used shapes like the upside-down arch to suggest the parts involved and get the profile you're looking for. I also like the space-opera technobabble name "rail laser". :) The infantry are pretty cool too, with the tiles suggesting armor.

That shape actually is where the frame started. It's what inspired me. I saw the tread shape in it, and I just had to build a tank around it at that point. Because of it having to be upside down, I had to make a lot of sketchy connections to make this work. I'm happy with it though, and I think that's what matters in the end.
LowestFormOfWit
Grizzled Veteran

Postby MoronicCinamun » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:07 pm

I know I've seen this before, but I must have neglected to comment on it :oops:
I've been looking into making a tank, I wish I had seen such well done sponsons :p
I do love the look and certainly noticed the 40k influence immediately ;) I made a tank loosely based on the Bane Blade, but of course it's really big and just overall a mess. I should probably go with the squat-er look with sponsons
MoronicCinamun
Talkative

Return to Vehicle Designs