SSC: Animal Planet Arachnid 3 in 1 Tropical Creatures

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

SSC: Animal Planet Arachnid 3 in 1 Tropical Creatures

Postby Hackjob » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:21 pm

I purchased this set (made by Block Tech) a few years ago at the local dollar store, it was only $10 and looked like it had a good selection of MOF0 parts. It does! I was so pleased with the results that I recently purchased another set for around the same price (delivered) on ebay. They are built to 4p scale.

Soldier: Autocannon ( d6Rd / d6Ra ), Ablative Shield ( d6B ), Infrared Searchlight w/ Laser Designator ( d6Y ), and Upgraded Engine Pack ( d6G )
Image Image

Artillerist: Double LRM Racks ( d6Ra d6Ra , d8Ra ), Advanced Radar and Targeting Array ( d6Y , d6Y )
Image Image

Tank: Double Laser Cannons ( d6Rd d6Rd , d8Rd ), Double Ablative Shields ( d6B , d6B )

Group shot

There were quite a few extra parts, but not the right ones to make another frame. I was, however able to make the companies' mothership! It's a Frigate similar to some of the ships seen in MS: Gundam. You can see the open door of the frame catapault under its belly.
Frigate: d6Rd d6Rd , d6Y , d6bk , (free) d6G

So, suffice it to say, I'm pretty happy with this set. You can make everything in the group shot (2 Soldiers, Artillerist, 3 pieces of cover, and 2 stations) plus the Frigate with one set! I haven't opened the second set, but i think by mashing them together variants would be easy to make and possibly an Ace/Command frame. A fully payable company with cover and stations for around $20? Count me in!! Note that these are built to 4p scale, and they are an off brand, but the quality is pretty good and the pieces fit well. When I use the second set and have a "full" company I'll post some more pics.

C+C always welcome!
Last edited by Hackjob on Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Hackjob

Here's more: my Flikr
Even more... my Imgur
Hackjob
Grizzled Veteran

Re: SSC: Animal Planet Arachnid 3 in 1 Tropical Creatures

Postby Hackjob » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:41 pm

I forgot to post pics of the first frame design I came up with. I like it but could only build one with the set , and I hate leaving so many parts behind.

Image Image

Soldier build
-Hackjob

Even more... my Imgur
Hackjob
Grizzled Veteran

Postby KungFujiApple » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:03 am

I'd say that is a really good deal and some great parts that come with it too. Nice builds that you made from that too. I especially liked the feet on the soldier design :)
- KFA frame compilation
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hackjob » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:00 am

Thanks!
-Hackjob

Even more... my Imgur
Hackjob
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Luke_BMM » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:10 pm

This is all really impressive in its own right, but that frigate is astounding when you consider that it represents the leftovers. You could have posted it on its own without qualifications and it would still be solid as-is.
Luke_BMM
Been Around The Block

Return to Frame Designs