Heimdalia Raiding Force

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Heimdalia Raiding Force

Postby Arctic Banana » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:48 am

So, who remembers the X-Pods from the mid-2000s? Specifically, this one? After making some modifications to the originals (the Alfar and Dvergar), I tried making a few more Frames that matched the aesthetic.

ImageHeimdalia Raiders
I'd originally conceived of Heimdalia as an alien faction comprised of multiple species united in some goal or ideology I haven't thought of yet, that shows up, wrecks a bunch of stuff, and leaves. Alternately, these could be Ijad frames for humanoid bondings: the Alfar for humans, the Dvergar as some sort of bipedal badger-like animal, etc.

ImageHuldar
The Huldar are a basic labor Frame and general grunt. The labor Huldr has two arms, while the military version replaces its left arm with a particle beam rifle that is reasonably effective at short and mid-range.
Huldr grunt: d6Rh d6Rd d6Y d6G d6W d6W (Particle beam rifle, Sensor oculus, Light jump pack)

ImageImageDvergar
The Dvergar are the standard all-purpose soldier Frame, equipped with a shoulder-mounted particle beam cannon, heavy armor, and a back-mounted personal shield generator pod, and often carry a single anti-Frame rocket on the other shoulder. The artillery variant trades the particle beam cannon for a more powerful long-range heavy particle beam cannon.
Dvergr Soldier: d6Rd d6Rd d6B d6B d6Y d6W d6W d8Rr (Particle beam cannon, Heavy armor, Shield generator, Sensor oculus, Single-shot rocket)
Dvergr Artillery: d6Ra d6Ra d6B d6B d6Y d6W d6W d8Rr (Long-range particle beam cannon, Heavy armor, Shield generator, Sensor Oculus, Single-shot rocket)

ImageAlfar
A frame for use by higher ranking soldiers, the Alfr carries a particle beam cannon and a large axe, a personal shield generator in one shoulder pod, and communications and sensor equipment in the other shoulder pod. The commanding officer will often carry a beam saber instead of the axe.
Alfr: d6Rd d6Rd d6Rh d6Rh d6B d6Y d6W d6W (Particle beam cannon, Axe or beam saber, Shield generator, Sensor/comms pod)

ImageJotnar
The Jotnar are assault Frames, outfitted with heavy armor and a pair of heavy particle cannons, and a jump pack that makes them far more nimble than something their size really has any right to be.
Jotnar Assault Frame: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd d6B d6G d6W d6W (Dual heavy particle beam cannons, Heavy armor, Maneuver-assist pack)

ImageImageSupport Scrambler and Artillery Suzerain
I still haven't decided what that huge System on the Scrambler is. Sensor suite? Shield generator? Long-range particle beam emitter? The Suzerain's missile box speaks for itself.
Artillery Suzerain: d6Ra d6Ra d6B d6Y d6G d6W d6W (LRM box, Heavy armor, Sensor oculus, Quad mobility)
Support Scrambler: ??? d6G d6W d6W (Unknown system, Quad mobility)
If playing Dungeons & Dragons has taught me one thing, it's that you should probably not trust someone who introduces themselves with the phrase "GREETINGS FELLOW MORTALS IT IS I."
Arctic Banana
Talkative

Re: Heimdalia Raiding Force

Postby KungFujiApple » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:37 am

Funny enough I do not remember the X-Pods, but I did take a look at them in the link you sent and I think your version definitely looks better. This is one nice looking unit. And I LOVE that Artillery Suzerain :)
- KFA frame compilation
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Frame Designs