Skjold Beetle

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Skjold Beetle

Postby Artasid » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:19 am

The Skjold Beetle is a recently discovered Ijad frame. It seems to be based off common beetle insects. Its rear is covered in a hardened carapace that gives it remarkable defensive capabilities. Though it is slightly smaller than the average frame, its endurance seems to rival or even surpass those much larger than itself and the Ijad seem to understand this advantage. To further add to the defenses of this frame, the Ijad have even installed a Flare Tube mechanism to the top of the machine to counter any incoming projectiles.
Yet defense is not this frames only capability. Initial reports were fooled into believing that the frames back was merely an armored shell, and did not realize that it also had a pair of hidden wings that can deploy and give the Skjold limited flight capabilities as well. Equipped with a Sting Pistol, this insect frame is considered a type A Threat.

ImageSkjold Beetle
ImageAerial Surprise
Skjold Beetle: d6Rd d6Rd Sting Pistol, d6B Hardened Carapace, d6B Flare Tube, d6G Deployable Wings

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I am eagerly awaiting any and all comments you wish to share.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Re: Skjold Beetle

Postby SamSam » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:38 pm

howd you get tha wheelwell part integrated into that bot? looks cool. cany you make another with more guns and instruxs please?
SamSam
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:46 pm

SamSam wrote:howd you get tha wheelwell part integrated into that bot? looks cool. cany you make another with more guns and instruxs please?

The entire build centers off the Wheelwell. I got the idea from other builds that uses the Wheelwell piece, like MantisKings Goblins and Vitor Farias Peachman Roudy. The well offers a unique design which is fun to play around with.

As for one with more guns... More guns you say? 8-) I think I can oblige

ImageSkjold Beetle Guns Galor
Gun Heavy: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Rotary Cannons, d6B Hardened Carapace, d6G Deployable Wings.

And as a bonus I will include an LDD file for anyone brave enough to brick their own.
LDD Skjold Beetle LDD

I hope you enjoyed and I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Vitoria » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:37 pm

Really ingenious wing mounts, Artasid!
VitorFaria (she/her)
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:39 pm

VitorFaria wrote:Really ingenious wing mounts, Artasid!

Thank you VitorFaria, although I am not really all that happy about them. I wish I could have gotten them more detailed, but part limitations, plus the overall build design kinda made that difficult.

I began experimenting with different body types for the Skjold. I was attempting to make another beetle shape, plus thought it would be interesting to give a Skjold a more humanoid shape. I'll let you guys try to guess which is which. lololololol :lol: :lol:

ImageRandom Skjolds
LEFT: d6B Hardened Carapace, d6Y Scent Detection Antenna, d8G No Ranged Weaponry
RIGHT: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Dual Taser Batons, d6Ra d6Ra LRM Box, d6B Hardened Carapace.

As I said earlier, the Wheelwell part is unique to play with and I'll be experimenting more in the future.
I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Return to Frame Designs