GD-5 Thunderpod

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

GD-5 Thunderpod

Postby Trokodile » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:42 am

This is my first-ever original design, my most versatile (I think), and also the first frame I built multiple of. This is the GD-5 Thunderpod frame!

First up is an outdated design, the Classic Pulse Converter! (AKA WHITE TRIPOD)
Cannon Mode: Image
Railgun Mode: Image
Loadout: d6Rd / d6Ra (Pulse Converter) d6Y (spotlights)

Next is the old Penetrator tripod: (AKA YELLOWTRIPOD)
Loadout: d6Ra d6Ra (cannon) d6G (rear boosters)
I used to have a backup loadout for the Penetrator, the Tri Gatling, but it seemed weird to have multiple two-in-one weapons on the same Frame type.

Here it is with the next kind, the Commander. (AKA BLACK TRIPOD) The antenna is not in this picture.
Loadout: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd (dual autocannon) d6Ra d6Ra (mortar) d6Y (radar antenna)

Group Shot: Image
The group shot shows the final design for the Pulse Converter loadout. The more relaxed color scheme gave it a better style, in my opinion.

Finally, the newest loadout, the Long-Range Artillery. I took apart good ol' Yellow to make this one.
Loadout: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra (Dual Missiles) d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd (triple charge cannons) d6G (boosters) d6B (heavy armor)

For anyone who wants to brick one: Image
As of August 30, 2019, I have 13 frames photographed that I haven't put here yet. They, as well as all my photographs, can be found at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1f1dlHOhWX4s6nfTW1FWh4Uqhoc6usAIG
Trokodile
Talkative

Re: GD-5 Thunderpod

Postby VitorFaria » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:36 pm

Great tripod look, in way this works as a more budget conscious scrambler, might play with the idea later.
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Re: GD-5 Thunderpod

Postby Trokodile » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:17 am

VitorFaria wrote:Great tripod look, in way this works as a more budget conscious scrambler, might play with the idea later.

It was designed as a more basic Frame, as it was a time before I discovered the Hangar and was still using Google image results for Mobile Frame Zero, so I didn't have the building experience for anything more complex. The pieces were ordered specifically in a Lego.com Pick-A-Brick, save for the center rings and some later modifications.
As of August 30, 2019, I have 13 frames photographed that I haven't put here yet. They, as well as all my photographs, can be found at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1f1dlHOhWX4s6nfTW1FWh4Uqhoc6usAIG
Trokodile
Talkative

Return to Frame Designs