Skuttler

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Skuttler

Postby Trokodile » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:51 pm

The Skuttler frame, AKA the Skuttletank, is one of my fully original Frames and also one of my favorites
Skuttler: Image
It's one of my best-looking Frames I made about a month ago while waiting for account activation.
LOADOUT:
d6Rd d6Rd Mortar Cannon
d6B d6B Heavy Disk Armor
Since it doesn't have much room for attachents, I couldn't add any d6Y, so the mortar is d6Rd.
If anyone wants to see how the core is built, it's quite simple.
Undercarriage: Image
Two different vertical brackets connected by a 1x2 brick with Technic Hole are what I used, but there are other combos possible.

While this is in my larger, gallery-style post, I feel this one especially deserves some attention.
As of August 30, 2019, I have 13 frames photographed that I haven't put here yet. They, as well as all my photographs, can be found at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1f1dlHOhWX4s6nfTW1FWh4Uqhoc6usAIG
Trokodile
Talkative

Re: Skuttler

Postby KungFujiApple » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:44 am

Yeah Wow! This design is spectacular! The streamline simplicity yet complexity makes this a truly great design. Love that leg joint.
- KFA frame compilation
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Trokodile » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:25 am

KungFujiApple wrote:Yeah Wow! This design is spectacular! The streamline simplicity yet complexity makes this a truly great design. Love that leg joint.

Thanks! The leg joint was a result of trying to make a quad with angled legs that can move realistically! And the praise is much appreciated, it's one of my favorite designs.
As of August 30, 2019, I have 13 frames photographed that I haven't put here yet. They, as well as all my photographs, can be found at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1f1dlHOhWX4s6nfTW1FWh4Uqhoc6usAIG
Trokodile
Talkative

Postby Trokodile » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:46 am

Since I was experimenting with Stud.io renders, I built a Skuttler and colored it black! Not quite my favorite color scheme, as I preferred the grey, but I guess it works.
Trokodile
Talkative

Postby KungFujiApple » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:43 am

Although I am usually a fan of darker color combinations, the black color scheme in this pic does not fully bring out the wonderful yet simple intricacies of this design. As I said before in my previous comments this design is amazing, and in my opinion one of your best yet. With that being said, you have managed to continue developing on this design, and it looks great! Keep it up :D
- KFA frame compilation
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Shades_Corvid » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:47 am

I like this little quad tanky
"The Legs have Teeth..." *Comm Static*

Dark Cloud Blogs - A MF0 Blog (Mostly)

The University - MF0 Discord Server
Shades_Corvid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Trokodile » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:25 am

Shades_Corvid wrote:I like this little quad tanky

Thanks, it has a deceiving simplicity to it... The 1x2x2 core size is incredibly small yet has so much potential.
Trokodile
Talkative

Demo Game Skuttler Variants

Postby Trokodile » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:08 pm

I'm planning on running a private demo game soon, and I figured I should have some tough, hard-to-break frames ready to use. The Skuttler was the first design that came to mind, so I decided to make some simple variants with more insectoid features than the original.
First up is the Ice Skuttler
Loadout:
d6Rh d6Rh Mandibles
d6G Jets
d6W d6W Skuttler
d8G No ranged weaponry
Insectoid features:
mandibles
pointy legs

Second is the Webslinger Skuttler
Loadout:
d6Rd d6Rd Web Cannon
d6B Heavy Pod
d6W d6W Skuttler
Insectoid features:
webbing
exoskeleton
abdomen

Third is the Sniper Skuttler
Loadout:
d6Ra d6Ra Leeching Proboscis
d6Y Antenna
d6W d6W Skuttler
Insectoid features:
compound eyes
antenna
proboscis

Group shot:

It pairs well with my original Skuttler design, a d6Rd d6Rd d6B d6B d6W d6W . Since it's a demo, each has a weapon type paired with a single pre-specified system.
d6Rh / d6G , d6Rd / d6B , d6Ra / d6Y
Trokodile
Talkative

Return to Frame Designs