Plague of Locust

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Plague of Locust

Postby Artasid » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:44 am

I admit that BattleTech/MechWarrior is one of my favorite games. And I have bricked many many MANY mechs for use in Mobile Frame Zero. I was actually going over my collection recently and then I stumbled upon PJ_Nichts' Branson's Raiders thread, and noticed his Locust build. I recalled that I have made several Locust's myself as it is one of the most common, if underappreciated Mech in the whole BattleTech/MechWarrior-verse.

No, the Urbanmech doesn't count because even when it gets mocked for it's slowness and is joked about, it's STILL gets attention. Besides, we all know that URBIES WILL RULE THE WORLD!!!

erm, ahem, moving on...
I decided to compare various Locust designs, since there are many variants, and I could not decide on which one I like best. Each one uses differant parts and some are more expensive than others in terms of the parts used, so I decided to group a bunch of them together to see if I can get other peoples opinions. Please note that some of these are not my designs, but from others that I have tried to mimic, (the white one below uses the same core build as PJ_nichts'). Please also keep in mind that there are still other builds out there not included in the following pic.

ImagePlague of Locusts

I would love to hear opinons on which one you like best. I'm torn myself between them since they all have pros and cons. And if you have a Locust design of your own to share, Please feel free to do so here. Thank you all in advance.
I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Re: Plague of Locust

Postby VitorFaria » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:08 pm

Nice to see that tiny folk all together, Artasid!

Each is great on its own merits and they show how wonderfully redundant brick building can be, as there are infinity solutions for the same challenge, even at such a small scale!
VitorFaria (she/her)
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:13 am

Thanks VitorFaria, It is interesting to see how the same mech, or frame, or whatever, can be constructed in so many different ways depending on parts available and time allotted.

I decided to continue with the Locust theme and realized that I have never once made the Clan IIC equivalent! I'll have to correct that.

ImageLucust IIC's
Mini Pre Dark Age: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Small Lasers, d6Rd d6Rd Medium Pulse Laser
Chub Sized Post Dark Age: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Small Lasers, d6Rd d6Rd Medium Pulse Laser

I am aware that the chub sized one seems a little out of place, but I tried to keep it true to the source material.
I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby KungFujiApple » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:07 am

Actually I like the chub sized one, the large sized lasers give it a "don't mess with me" feel
- KFA frame compilation
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Frame Designs