Bannson's Raider

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Bannson's Raider

Postby PJ_Nichts » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:27 am

ImageBannson's Raiders by PJ Nichts, on Flickr

Made a new team around my Zoccoli mech design. Named after the Italian word for "hoofs" since their feet remind me of hooves. I was struggling with get a cohesive color scheme together until I remembered one of my favorite teams from MechWarrior Dark Ages, Bannson's Raiders. And I noticed all the tan and light blue pieces I had laying around haha. I'm really happy with their design and the possibility of their arms.

They have fought in one skirmish and I was very happy with the way the team performed. The close assault mechs bringing the hurt face to face and the double defenders laying down some fire support and spots while the close assault mechs closed the distance. My spotter didn't get to do much since it was almost completely destroyed the first few rounds. Better luck next time little guy.

I want to make statins specifically for the team that match their colors. I think I also want to add an artillery mech for battles. Not 100% sure yet.

Team Loadout:
d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh d6B d6G d8G d8Rr
d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh d6B d6G d8G d8Rr
d6Y d6Y d6G d8G
d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd d6B d6B
d6Rd d6Rd d6Y d6B d6B d8Rr

ImageZoccoli, Close Assault by PJ Nichts, on Flickr

ImageZoccoli, Close Assault by PJ Nichts, on Flickr

ImageZoccoli, Hammer by PJ Nichts, on Flickr

ImageLocus, Spotter by PJ Nichts, on Flickr

Not a Zoccoli, but a design I did a while back based of the Locust from Battletech.
PJ_Nichts
Newcomer

Re: Bannson's Raider

Postby VitorFaria » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:15 pm

I can't stress enough how gorgeous those look!

The combination of spindly arms and a broad torso give them a lot of personality and a novel silhouette, and that petit spotter is both adorable and agile looking!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Aardvark17 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:58 pm

Big fan of the Zoccolis! I agree with everything Vitor said, the spindly arms and wide torso are a great combination
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby PJ_Nichts » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:14 am

Thanks Vitor and Aardvark!

When I was first building them I kept trying to add beefier arms thinking that maybe the skinny arms looked too out of place. But no mater what I tried I kept going back to the spindly arms.
PJ_Nichts
Newcomer

Postby KungFujiApple » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:00 am

Oh Man! It's great to see some more of your work. And it is just as amazing as ever. That hoof design is quite clever, love the Zoccoli design and the Locus is a great look for a walker type, again great parts usage with the Locus, especially the legs. Oh and the color scheme is great too :D
- My frames all in one place
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby spacemonkey » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:01 am

Just echoing the others: awesome frames and sweet color scheme for the company! :)
spacemonkey
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Frame Designs