New Argos Security Force a.k.a. Blue Team

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

New Argos Security Force a.k.a. Blue Team

Postby Arctic Banana » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:10 am

Three of the frames on Blue Team were the very first frames I built when I just started getting into this game years ago, so it feels appropriate to start here.
Fun fact: their Greekness happened entirely by accident. I built them in blue and white because those were the pieces I had available for building the Chub and two Hi-Legs that started this team. I started naming them after Roman military units (Legionnairre, Principes, etc.), but switched to Greek when I realized I'd already named the big one "the Cataphract". Only afterwards did I realize that Greece's flag is blue and white, and thus "Blue Team" became the forces of Néo Árgos.
Enough of that though, on to the pictures.

ImageBlue Team Assembled by Arctic Banana, on Flickr

The whole team assembled. Three of them, the squad leader Chub and both Hi-Legs, were the first frames I built seven years ago, and three of them were only just built in the past few months.

ImageSuper Chub (Lokhagos) by Arctic Banana, on Flickr
ImageSuper Chub (Lokhagos) rear by Arctic Banana, on Flickr

My first frame, originally an ordinary Chub, later upgraded to a Super Chub. "Lokhagos" is Greek for "Captain", fitting for the squad leader. His heavy rifle is the sort of weapon that one would normally find on a tank. Alternately he could trade it for a smaller weapon and a better spotting system, filling more of a support role for the company.
d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd d6B d6Y d6W d6W

ImageHi-Legs (Peltasts) by Arctic Banana, on Flickr
ImageHi-Legs (Peltasts) back by Arctic Banana, on Flickr

My second and third frames, completely unchanged from their first construction. Peltasts were Greek light infantry, typically armed with javelins, that often served as skirmishers. These frames can either run around and harass the enemy's flanks or close in for melee combat. Mostly the latter, since they're the only guys on Blue Team with melee weapons.
d6Rd d6Rd d6Rh d6Rh d6B d6G d6W d6W
If playing Dungeons & Dragons has taught me one thing, it's that you should probably not trust someone who introduces themselves with the phrase "GREETINGS FELLOW MORTALS IT IS I."
Arctic Banana
Chatty

Re: New Argos Security Force a.k.a. Blue Team

Postby Arctic Banana » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:11 am

ImageChubs (Hoplites) by Arctic Banana, on Flickr

Like the Greek hoplites, these guys are the basic line soldiers of the company. They originally had the basic Soldier system loadout, and only just gained their shields yesterday. A nice pair of anvils for the enemy to smash against until the hammer comes down.
d6Rd d6Rd d6B d6B d6Y d6W d6W

ImageHunchbacks (Psiloi) by Arctic Banana, on Flickr
ImageHunchback exploded view by Arctic Banana, on Flickr

I call the Hunchback a "semi-original design" because its limbs are just modified Chub limbs, and I'm fairly sure I've seen a very similar torso design online once and may have subconsciously copied it but can't be certain. The psiloi were very light infantry that served as skirmishers and missile troops. These guys want to scoot from cover to cover, laying down covering fire for the team's advance. They can't take a punch though, and rely on mobility and cover for protection.
d6Rd d6Rd d6G d6G d6Y d6W d6W

ImageCataphract (Kataphraktos) by Arctic Banana, on Flickr
ImageCataphract rear view by Arctic Banana, on Flickr
ImageCataphract partially exploded view by Arctic Banana, on Flickr

The team's artillery support. Half the company carries spotting systems, and this guy is why. He practically carries his own cover in the form of that massive shield, but still likes a good solid piece of terrain to hunker down behind. He's not very fast, and he doesn't need to be.
d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra d6B d6B d6W d6W
If playing Dungeons & Dragons has taught me one thing, it's that you should probably not trust someone who introduces themselves with the phrase "GREETINGS FELLOW MORTALS IT IS I."
Arctic Banana
Chatty

Postby Artasid » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:25 am

WHOA!!! :o
Right off the bat and you hit us with a wonderfully created company! You definitely have some skills. 8-)
In my opinion, that Cataphract Kataphraktos is especially good. Systems and all.
Very Well done sir.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Mantisking » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:38 am

Your Hunchback looks like a variation on Dr. Watsman's Beetle.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby VitorFaria » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:13 pm

Great looking team! The elusive armed Hi-Legs strike again!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Aardvark17 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:00 pm

Love the insightful commentary on the naming and their combat roles, nice company overall!
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby Arctic Banana » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:23 am

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Mantisking wrote:Your Hunchback looks like a variation on Dr. Watsman's Beetle.

That could be the one, it does feel vaguely familiar.

Aardvark17 wrote:Love the insightful commentary on the naming and their combat roles, nice company overall!

Thanks! I've always found that adding some flavor text helps things stand out more.
Arctic Banana
Chatty

Postby KungFujiApple » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:51 pm

Artasid wrote:WHOA!!! :o
Right off the bat and you hit us with a wonderfully created company! You definitely have some skills. 8-)
In my opinion, that Cataphract Kataphraktos is especially good. Systems and all.
Very Well done sir.

I would absolutely agree. Great work! Also thank you for the breakdowns too :)
- My frames all in one place
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby spacemonkey » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:00 am

Love the color scheme on these frames and that Cataphract is fantastic!
spacemonkey
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Frame Designs