Jackdaw Frame

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Jackdaw Frame

Postby VitorFaria » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:51 am

After a brief study of the Brikwars community and how they build their own mecha, I decided to experiment with the concept of an "army-build-able" minifig scale frame.

Ignoring the greebles, and assuming you also have a ton of those 90's style canopies like I happen to have. You can build a few of those without depleting your parts.

The leg joints are simply two pairs of Mixel ball and sockets, on hips and ankles, and a pair of hatchet plates for the reverse knees. So not more than your average 7p chicken-walker.

d6Rd d6Rd Twin Auto-cannons
d6Y Long Distance Communications Array
d6G Foot Locks
d6B Armor Plating
d6W d6W
d8Rr d8Rr

ImageJackdaw Frame - Minifig Scale by Vitor Faria, no Flickr

ImageJackdaw Frame - Minifig Scale by Vitor Faria, no Flickr
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Re: Jackdaw Frame

Postby Trokodile » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:45 am

Looks cool! Bet it could easily face my Mega Reaper frame! How well do the legs balance, though? They look a bit thin.
To quote the great Artasid, "I hope you enjoyed and I always am eagerly awaiting any and all comments you wish to share."
Trokodile
Talkative

Re: Jackdaw Frame

Postby VitorFaria » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:18 pm

Thanks!

It actually balances super great, it's way lighter than it looks, as the cockpit is mostly hollow.

The legs are thin, but they are solid plate-on-plate all the way, thus considerably heavier than anything else in the build, rendering it very stable.
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Return to Frame Designs