The Rook and the Commanders Handbook Challenge

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

The Rook and the Commanders Handbook Challenge

Postby Plexus » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:42 pm

In my spare time I've been going over the Commanders Handbook, and I find it incredibly useful. Primarily, it has helped me to better organize my frames systems across the field by going through and creating archetype variants of all 35 archtypes listed in the Commanders Handbook.

Using this method, I have found that my Exploration Frame manages to fill all 35 archetypes. I have chosen the Rook variant to represent such as I feel they appear the most "MFZ Style" to me. They're my own Tetracon version of a Chub ^^. Anyway! Click on the image here and Take a look through the album here to see each variation!

ImageRook Squad Leader by Kegan Garrett, on Flickr

But in the meantime... I issue this challenge to my fellow frame builders! In an attempt to help promote the use of the Commanders Handbook for new players like myself and others, I ask my fellow builders to take a single frame design and attempt to create as many of the 35 listed archetypes as you possibly can using only a single base frame design.

My Rook has already managed to fill all 35 archetypes.

How versatile are your own frames? Let us find out!
Plexus
Newcomer

Re: The Rook and the Commanders Handbook Challenge

Postby VitorFaria » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:26 pm

This makes me wonder how many of the archetypes I threw on the Lockon over the last couple of years.
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby SamSam » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:41 pm

I lik eyou r robot. But why wouls someone put up 35 picstures of same robot wiht slightly different wepons? I think tha take too long
SamSam
Young Gun

Postby spacemonkey » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:39 am

Nice frame and nice job cataloging the different archetypes, Plexus! I do think your Missile Monkey is a little light on "missiles" though; I suppose one d8Rr is the minimum to boost it from the Armored Spotter designation but I would have gone with two or three.

SamSam wrote:But why would someone put up 35 pictures of same robot with slightly different weapons? I think that take too long.
Because Plexus is using the Rook frame to showcase how the various archetype loadouts might look like on the same build.
spacemonkey
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Plexus » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:45 pm

spacemonkey wrote:Nice frame and nice job cataloging the different archetypes, Plexus! I do think your Missile Monkey is a little light on "missiles" though; I suppose one d8Rr is the minimum to boost it from the Armored Spotter designation but I would have gone with two or three.

Blegh, you're right. It's supposed to have two according to the Commanders Handbook. Ah well, easy fix! Either way, glad ya like it ^^.
Plexus
Newcomer

Postby Blorf » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:46 pm

FYI, most of the archetypes don't originate from the Handbook. They came out of the early community, and Mantisking has cataloged them on his site. I only added a few of my own to fill out the roster in places I felt lacking.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby Plexus » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:41 pm

Blorf wrote:FYI, most of the archetypes don't originate from the Handbook. They came out of the early community, and Mantisking has cataloged them on his site. I only added a few of my own to fill out the roster in places I felt lacking.

Even so, the Handbook has helped me out beyond just the archetypes. I still promote it's use! ^^

I just used the archetypes as a chance to better refine my frames and make them more uniform.
Plexus
Newcomer

Postby Kryptovidicus » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:08 am

That's a very useful site, thank you for pointing it out.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn XT1572 met Tapatalk
Kryptovidicus
Newcomer

Return to Frame Designs