The Freedom Fighters of Tamada Seir

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

The Freedom Fighters of Tamada Seir

Postby KungFujiApple » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:23 am

Unit Name: The Whirlwind (the Freedom Fighters)
Planet Name: Tamada Seir
Background: Falling Regime (See Below)
Environment: Urban and Suburban areas, farms, fields, and various areas of forested wilderness. Temperate environment planet wide.

Krate (modefied, Boris edition):
Hefty work frame. Mini colossus on the battlefield.
Image.
Krate (modified Boris edition)
by KungFujiApple, on Flickr

Dust Devil:
Frame specifically made for the Ijad settlers
Image.
The Dustdevil

The Ivan:
Fast artillery frame
Image.
The Ivan

Backstory:

The words "Tamada Seir" mean - "Way of Peace".

53 years ago the Solar Union wanted to establish a permanent settlement where all kinds of races and backgrounds lived together, worked together, and grew together. This settlement, Tamada Seir, was initially looked at as a future example for all settlements within the Union.

However, as the Union started to overextend itself, this settlement began to be overlooked. And as time went on, corruption started to settle in.

After the early "retirement" of the Unions first appointed official. The Union "elected" Sil Muskuir, a leader who very quickly took advantage of the settlements political unrest for his own advantage. Using his cunning and intelligence to gain absolute control over the people and resources. Feeding false reports and information to the Union to escape any suspicion. Also, having his "eyes and ears" in strategic positions to suppress any information that might alert the Union.

For 27 long years this type of oppressive ruling has all but enslaved a group of people who originally settled for freedom, equality, and peace, whether human, Ijad, or any other race. The people now barely have any knowledge of anything outside this planet. Frames and equipment are build with remote automatic shutdown to prevent any attempt to be used as a weapon against the ruling authority.

It took years of planning and underground operations but the people have managed to smuggle in parts and build several frames and a transport ship underground. After launching the first in a series of successful attacks, in just a matter of weeks they were able to overthrow several villages, and 2 small cities. The uprising, calling themselves "The Whirlwind", in honor of the expression: "If you sow the wind, you reap the whirlwind", has had growing support in every victory.

With the commotion that the Freedom Fighters have been causing, they have been expecting a fierce retaliation, but none has happened. Is Sil Muskuir letting his guard down? Is he drawing them into a trap? Not wanting to take any chances, the freedom fighters have made contact with the off world black market. Boris the Spider, as he is known, has been the main supplier of their black market frames.

The rebellion has started, The Whirlwind holds their head high, raises their fists in the air, and takes their stand.

Can the way of peace be found again?
Last edited by KungFujiApple on Thu May 24, 2018 2:08 am, edited 6 times in total.
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Re: The Freedom Fighters of Tamada Seir

Postby KungFujiApple » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:24 am

Last edited by KungFujiApple on Thu May 24, 2018 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:27 am

*Glares at the Dust Devil in jealousy*

Grrr.... I really REALLY need to get some mini fig skis. That little detail for the Dust Devils legs really makes it pop. The Krate has some interesting hand construction. I might just borrow that in a later build.

Very well done all around! 8-)
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Atavism » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:53 am

These guys look great. The little sand green highlights do a lot of work here. Like Artasid said, the Dust Devil and its little ski legs is outstanding.

Did you know that a 1x2 plate can fit (stud-in) onto the gap on the slopey-bar things that make the Krate's fists? That'll give it armored knuckles at the cost of some articulation in the fingers. Worth a thought.
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby spacemonkey » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:38 am

Just echoing the others with loving the legs on the Dust Devil (and really the whole frame is fantastic) and the mighty fists of the Krate. 8-)
spacemonkey
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Aardvark17 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:51 pm

Siding with the others here, the Dust Devil is a fabulous little gem of a quad :D
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby VitorFaria » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:30 pm

I love the "egg pod" look on the Ivan, nice work!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:08 pm

Thank you all very much for the comments and suggestions.

Although it might be already well known I want to make clear that the Krate is an off shoot of Red_Robot's awesome Krate design

To Artasid - thank you, I think the minifig skies do add a good touch, however no need to stare with jealously, the designs you make often come together magnificently

To Atavism - I'm glad you like the sand green highlights, just a byproduct of having a lot of that color at the "pick-a-brick" section :lol: . Thank you for the suggestion about the 1x2 plate to give armored knuckles. I'll have to give that a try.

To spacemonkey - Thank you for the comments. Many of your stuff, both back in the day, and recently also merit high praises as well.

To Aardvark17 - I'm glad you like the Dust Devil. Keep on making your awesome gems as well :D

To VitorFaria - Thanks for the comments on the Ivan. I wasn't egg-axctly sure the kind of response I would get with that frame design (yes I am that lame, I did say egg-xactly ), but seriously I'm glad you liked it. And looking forward to more of your great work too.
Last edited by KungFujiApple on Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Red_Robot » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:19 pm

These are really nice. Obvious biases aside, that Dust Devil is the bees knees. It instantly reads "budget knockoff Scrambler".

Plus, you take really nice clear pictures. That is an art in itself.
When the Weepers first came through the gate, we didn't know why. We only knew that they were angry.
Red_Robot
Been Around The Block

Postby KungFujiApple » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:52 am

Continued Backstory:

Over the course of the last few months The Whirlwind has continued to gain foothold after foothold in the struggle to overthrow their dictator Sil Muskuir. 2 more cites and several surrounding towns have been liberated by the freedom fighters, adding more to the resistance.

The Whirlwinds main frame supplier, Boris the Spider, has keenly been listening to the field reports and recommendations of his clients and has made some recent modifications to his frames:

Krate (Boris Edition): The Beatdown
Obliterate enemy frames in close combat. Demolish city walls, buildings, turrets, etc.
Image.
The Beatdown ( Krate, Boris edition )

Dust Devil: Artillery
Fast moving, long range firepower. Handles any threat airborne or grounded.
Image.
Dust Devil (artillery version)

The Ivan: Smokin Gun
Ruff and tough little guy. Moves through urban streets with ease.
Image.
The Ivan (mid range)
Last edited by KungFujiApple on Sun May 27, 2018 7:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby KungFujiApple » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:54 am

Group Shot:
Image.
The Whirlwind 2nd Wind (revised frame lineup)

Atavism wrote:Did you know that a 1x2 plate can fit (stud-in) onto the gap on the slopey-bar things that make the Krate's fists? That'll give it armored knuckles at the cost of some articulation in the fingers. Worth a thought.

I would like to thank Atavism for inspiring me to think a little more outside the box on this one. I know it's not exactly what you suggested, but it got me to thinking.... And then I came up with that idea for the studded fist. Thanks dude :)
Last edited by KungFujiApple on Sun May 27, 2018 7:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby spacemonkey » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:41 pm

Loving those new knuckledusters on the Boris and those artillery cannons look good on the Dust Devil too!
spacemonkey
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:11 pm

Great updates on all of them, those dust devil cannons look sweet!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:51 am

VitorFaria wrote:Great updates on all of them, those dust devil cannons look sweet!

Thank you :). The Dust Devil seems to be the star of the show :lol:

spacemonkey wrote:Loving those new knuckledusters on the Boris and those artillery cannons look good on the Dust Devil too!

Thank you :). I was pretty happy with how the knuckledusters turned out in apperence, however there is a downside in its design: the holding plate only fits on a single peg in the arm, so the knuckledusters will loosely rotate around. To compensate the rotation, I use the pressure from pressing the spiked knuckle onto the fingers. It works, but I'd like to make a better design, however I just can't seem figure out another way. I am open to any suggestions though. ;)
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Valtarshol » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:46 pm

KungFujiApple wrote:...the holding plate only fits on a single peg in the arm, so the knuckledusters will loosely rotate around. To compensate the rotation, I use the pressure from pressing the spiked knuckle onto the fingers. It works, but I'd like to make a better design, however I just can't seem figure out another way.

You could always use a rubber band if you can scrounge a couple small ones up.

That said, definitely some nice frames, I really like the muted color scheme with the bright red eye!
Valtarshol
Been Around The Block

Postby KungFujiApple » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:26 am

Valtarshol wrote:
KungFujiApple wrote:...the holding plate only fits on a single peg in the arm, so the knuckledusters will loosely rotate around. To compensate the rotation, I use the pressure from pressing the spiked knuckle onto the fingers. It works, but I'd like to make a better design, however I just can't seem figure out another way.

You could always use a rubber band if you can scrounge a couple small ones up.

That said, definitely some nice frames, I really like the muted color scheme with the bright red eye!
. Thank you :) I appreciate the suggestion and the compliments.

Continued Backstory:

The Whirlwind's fight for freedom has been an uphill battle, but one that has been gaining ground. Over the last few months several more cities were liberated and more have joined their cause. However in the last few weeks something strange has been happening. The last 3 cities they fought had heavily armed city walls and resistance, but after finally breaching through, they find the city deserted. No people, even no animals. It looked as if they all disappeared suddenly.

Recent Whirlwind intelligence has managed to reveal the chilling mystery behind the disappearances. Sil Muskier has been taking captive all the people in the cities under his control and using them as laborers to build a fortress defense system the size of a major metropolis to fight off the resistance army. The Union had tried to make negotiations but with no success. Union Council is now trying to send reinforcements as peacemakers.

But the Whirlwind know their enemy, better than the Union does. They know that Dictator Sil wants total control of his "kingdom" back. That is why he is determined to crush this Whirlwind rebellion. To show everyone under his control that rebels against him will be eradicated. They also know that if he felt that the Union was a real threat to his control, he wouldn't hesitate to wipe out every man, woman, and child that he captured, a people literally numbering in the millions. And if Union peacekeeper forces show up at his door that is exactly what he will do.

There was now a deadline the freedom fighters have. They must overtake that fortress before its completion or before the Union forces arrive. Otherwise it would be the end of them, the end of a people, the end of hope.

But hope is not yet abandoned:

See Letter to Uncle

- this letter was written by Boris the Spider, nephew of Krate designer and the Whirlwinds sole supplier of frames for their resistance -

The Beatdown: (Doomsday Version)
Image.
The Beatdown: (Doomsday Version) - front

The Ivan: (Doomsday Version)
Image.
The Ivan: (Doomsday Version) - angled left

The Dust Devil: (Doomsday Version)
Image.
The Dust Devil: (Doomsday Version) - angled right

The Black Squid
Image.
The Black Squid: angled right

---------------------

Hope you and enjoy and appreciate any C and C :)
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Frame Designs