The Freedom Fighters of Tamada Seir

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

The Freedom Fighters of Tamada Seir

Postby KungFujiApple » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:23 am

Unit Name: The Whirlwind (the Freedom Fighters)
Planet Name: Tamada Seir ( planetary settlement )
Background: (See Below)
Environment: Urban and Suburban areas, farms, fields, and various areas of forested wilderness. Temperate environment planet wide.

Krate (modefied, Boris edition)
image.jpeg

Hefty work frame. Mini colossus on the battlefield.

Dust Devil
image.jpeg

Frame specifically made for the Ijad settlers

The Ivan
image.jpeg

Fast artillery frame

Backstory:

The words "Tamada Seir" mean - "Way of Peace".

53 years ago the Solar Union wanted to establish a permanent settlement where all kinds of races and backgrounds lived together, worked together, and grew together. This settlement, Tamada Seir, was initially looked at as a future example for all settlements within the Union.

However, as the Union started to overextend itself, this settlement began to be overlooked. And as time went on, corruption started to settle in.

After the early "retirement" of the Unions first appointed official. The union "elected" Sil Muskuir, a leader who very quickly took advantage of the settlements political unrest for his own advantage. Using his cunning and intelligence to gain absolute control over the people and resources. Feeding false reports and information to the Union to escape any suspicion. Also having his "eyes and ears" in strategic positions to suppress any information that might alert the Union.

For 27 long years this type of oppressive ruling has all but enslaved a group of people who originally settled for freedom, equality, and peace, whether human, Ijad, or any other race. The people now barely have any knowledge of anything outside this planet. Frames and equipment are build with remote automatic shutdown to prevent any attempt to use as a weapon against him.

It took years of planning and underground operations but the people have managed to smuggle and hijack several frames and a few transport ships. After launching the first in a series of successful attacks, in just a matter of weeks they were able to overthrow several villages, and 2 small cities. The uprising, now calling themselves "The Whirlwind", in honor of the expression: "if you sow the wind you reap the whirlwind". With the commotion that the Freedom Fighters have been causing they have been expecting a fierce retaliation, but none has happened. Is Sil Muskuir letting his guard down, is he drawing them into a trap? Not wanting to take any chances, the freedom fighters have made contact with the off world black market. Boris the spider, as he is known, has been the main supplier of smuggled frames.

The rebellion has started, The Whirlwind holds their head high, raises their fists in the air, and takes their stand.

Can the way of peace be found again?
Last edited by KungFujiApple on Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
KungFujiApple
Been Around The Block

Re: The Freedom Fighters of Tamada Seir

Postby KungFujiApple » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:24 am

The Group:
image.jpeg
KungFujiApple
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:27 am

*Glares at the Dust Devil in jealousy*

Grrr.... I really REALLY need to get some mini fig skis. That little detail for the Dust Devils legs really makes it pop. The Krate has some interesting hand construction. I might just borrow that in a later build.

Very well done all around! 8-)
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Atavism » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:53 am

These guys look great. The little sand green highlights do a lot of work here. Like Artasid said, the Dust Devil and its little ski legs is outstanding.

Did you know that a 1x2 plate can fit (stud-in) onto the gap on the slopey-bar things that make the Krate's fists? That'll give it armored knuckles at the cost of some articulation in the fingers. Worth a thought.
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby spacemonkey » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:38 am

Just echoing the others with loving the legs on the Dust Devil (and really the whole frame is fantastic) and the mighty fists of the Krate. 8-)
spacemonkey
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Aardvark17 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:51 pm

Siding with the others here, the Dust Devil is a fabulous little gem of a quad :D
Check out my Flickr if you want
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby VitorFaria » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:30 pm

I love the "egg pod" look on the Ivan, nice work!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:08 pm

Thank you all very much for the comments and suggestions.

Although it might be already well known I want to make clear that the Krate is an off shoot of Red_Robot's awesome Krate design ( viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5980 )

To Artasid - thank you, I think the minifig skies do add a good touch, however no need to stare with jealously, the designs you make often come together magnificently

To Atavism - I'm glad you like the sand green highlights, just a byproduct of having a lot of that color at the "pick-a-brick" section :lol: . Thank you for the suggestion about the 1x2 plate to give armored knuckles. I'll have to give that a try.

To spacemonkey - Thank you for the comments. Many of your stuff, both back in the day, and recently also merit high praises as well.

To Aardvark17 - I'm glad you like the Dust Devil. Keep on making your awesome gems as well :D

To VitorFaria - Thanks for the comments on the Ivan. I wasn't egg-axctly sure the kind of response I would get with that frame design (yes I am that lame, I did say egg-xactly ), but seriously I'm glad you liked it. And looking forward to more of your great work too.
KungFujiApple
Been Around The Block

Postby Red_Robot » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:19 pm

These are really nice. Obvious biases aside, that Dust Devil is the bees knees. It instantly reads "budget knockoff Scrambler".

Plus, you take really nice clear pictures. That is an art in itself.
When the Weepers first came through the gate, we didn't know why. We only knew that they were angry.
Red_Robot
Been Around The Block

Return to Frame Designs