"Sardine" Deep Sea Frame

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

"Sardine" Deep Sea Frame

Postby Aardvark17 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:45 pm

Just me attempting to do the Skrob thing and create a whole faction with all kinds of units :)
(Also, one of my first major attempts at good fluff, although I still haven't been able to write something from a more first-person point of view)

The first wave of colonists to settle Aquarius would be leaving in three weeks. The actual first wave, comprised of a hardy group of explorers, scouts and scientists, would leave a whole two weeks earlier in search of potential locations for Aquarius' first city.
Meanwhile, the entire frame industry on Trantet was hard at work creating the frames for this expedition on the neighboring planet. First, frames for the explorers, consisting of a variety of frames of different sizes, ranging from the Grand Explorer's personal frame the "Poseidon" to the smallest of exploration frames, the "Sardine."
Image"Sardine" Deep Sea Frame by Aardvark17_, on Flickr

The underwater equivalent to a hardsuit, these frames would be the standard fare for the majority of the exploration wave, enabling them to traverse the ocean planet's sea floor, These hardsuits could also eventually be repurposed as simple power-loaders once the city-building phase would commence and would aid the new wave of underwater labor frames that would arrive in this phase of the operation. Accompanying these would be a variety of special-purpose frames of varying sizes that would fill the intermediate roles between the flagship Poseidon and the Sardines which amounted to little more than underwater life support units. All frames would be equipped to overcome any unexpected obstacles or conflicts that could lurk beneath the dark and uncertain surface of Aquarius.

Shown here with the standard soldier loadout, a defensive shield, mobility propellers, a direct fire harpoon launcher and a deep-sea-grade spotlight for spottingin the dark waters.
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Re: "Sardine" Deep Sea Frame

Postby Atavism » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:08 pm

It's so widdle and cute! I love it! Seriously though, you did a great job packing this thing with detail and shape for something so small.
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby VitorFaria » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:09 pm

Super elegant, nice work!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:47 pm

CAN....

NOT...

RESIST...

CHIBI...

CUTENESS...

MUST...

BUILD...

ImageAardvark17's Sardine Deep Sea Frame Bricked

I hope you don't mind. These are definitely in the top category in the cuteness factor. I might just try to build an army of them :lol:
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Aardvark17 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:33 pm

Oh my gosh, thanks Artasid! That was super fast, glad you like it and I'm also really glad to see it in the brick! I'm just astonished, thanks man!
Atavism wrote:It's so widdle and cute! I love it! Seriously though, you did a great job packing this thing with detail and shape for something so small.

Thanks! Details are really fun, and with the whole Deep Sea theme it just felt right to include more important details.
VitorFaria wrote:Super elegant, nice work!

:D
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby Kryptovidicus » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:33 am

Cute! And another well thought through frame. Excellent design

Verstuurd vanaf mijn XT1572 met Tapatalk
Kryptovidicus
Newcomer

Postby KungFujiApple » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:15 am

Love it! Love it! Love it! :D
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Red_Robot » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:33 pm

I squeed a little on this.
When the Weepers first came through the gate, we didn't know why. We only knew that they were angry.
Red_Robot
Been Around The Block

Postby Aardvark17 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:35 pm

Thanks everyone!
Red_Robot wrote:I squeed a little on this.

:D
Also I made a cool gif of it with bluerender!
(EDIT: Used a nicer looking one where the background is actually white and not blueish)
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby KungFujiApple » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:16 am

That gif is gangbusters :)
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:35 am

Artasid wrote:...I might just try to build an army of them...

And I have. At least a 5-man company. Sorry it took longer than I had planned, but I had to scrounge for the right color parts. I also had to substitute a few parts, but overall its the same.

ImageSchool of Sardine Deep Sea Frames
LEFT TO RIGHT
1: d6Rd d6Rd Harpoon Launcher, d6Ra d6Ra Long Range Torpedoes, d6B Arm Shield, d6G Propeller
2: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Harpoon Launchers, d6G Propeller
3, 4, & 5: d6Rd d6Rd Harpoon Launcher, d6B Arm Shield, d6Y Deep Sea Searchlight, d6G Propeller.

Again, thank you for sharing this Aardvark17. These are just too cute to ignore. 8-)
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Aardvark17 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:01 pm

Awesome little squad! The substitution with the steering wheel part seems to work really well, and it's great to see multiple Sardines all at once :)
I really need to build one, just to see how they feel in real life. I'm glad you like them!
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby Blorf » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:38 pm

It's a whole Trundleball team!
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:59 am

Man these little guys are awesome. They pack so much character into such a small frame. Great job on making a unit Artasid! The wheel in the back is a very nice touch as well, gives it a deep sea vibe :)
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Frame Designs