KMC / R1-HURF Mk.I

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

KMC / R1-HURF Mk.I

Postby DoubleDamages » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:25 pm

The R1-HURF Mark I also known as the Heavy utility-rig frame is a sturdy and reliable frame designed primarly as a multi-tool platform capable of fulfilling a variety of roles. It was designed by the Keeland Mining Corporation, which is known for their mining tools and equipement designed for human workers and frames alike.
Primarly used by Keeland's employes in the first few years of it's arrival on the market, the HURF quickly gained popularity amongst workers and miners alike in several other systems. Easely customizable unlike many other heavy frames on the market, the HURF embark no less then 12 hardpoints designed to equip a variety of systems and tools; from searchlights, to standard excavation drills and even millitary-grade weapons.

Initially designed as a civilan utility frame, HURFs' have recently found use in several Free colony cells thanks to it's heavy armor capable of whistanding tremendous amount of damage. Despite it's size and overall weight, the HURF is capable to move rather quickly, still not as fast as other frames, but it is easy to upgrade the controls, internal response systems and muscle cylinders to help the HURF keep up with it's counterparts.
Piloting an HURF frame requires little to no experience in frame piloting, as it is for many others civilian designed frames. The 'cockpit' is similar to what could be found within a millitary-grade frame such as a Chub, but with a simpler interface and control panels; yet completly mastering an HURF is a different story.

The model below is a modified HURF frame used by a Free Colony cell calling themselves the "Crimson Raiders"; it is equipped with a standard reinforced chassis d6B, a pair of F11 back-thrusters d6G, a long range com-link array d6Y, a repurposed KRS-4 frame sized Rivet-gun d6Rd d6Rd and a makeshift launcher loaded with a proppeled demolition charge d8Rr.

So here it is "my" first frame, it's actually a modified version made from scratch from an old Flickr pic I used to have on my hardrive ages ago.
I'm sorry I can't name the original author but if anyone knows about him, I'll be glad to give him credits for the base of this frame.
Last edited by DoubleDamages on Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DoubleDamages
Newcomer

Re: HURF-MkI

Postby Atavism » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:10 pm

They keep feedin' the boy, he keeps on growin'.

Spoiler: show

Really like what you did with the build! Nice color blocking and the added chunk really suits it!
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Mod Team

Re: KMC / R1-HURF Mk.I

Postby DoubleDamages » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:32 pm

Thanks for the feedback and links to the original frames, I'll keep on posting variants in this thread since they fall in the same line of frame models.

The frame above is a modified HURF used by the Crimson Raiders' pilot "Jeff Holten", a former miner on planet Helios. Equipped with a pair of frame-sized abrasive circular saws designed to dismantle ships in junkyards d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh, a lighter armor configuration d6B in order to gain some much needed speed d8G and a standard com-link array d6Y.

And here is a standard civilian HURF in it's distinctive yellow color and markings. Thoses frames are used for several roles : from asteroid mining, ground construction work and even shipyard duties such as dismantling ships. Notice the different front cockpit plate and several armor-plates around the original design, most pilots tend to remove theses in order to loose some much needed weight. Several head-lights and shoulder mounted warning beacons come by default with the standard version of the HURF.
DoubleDamages
Newcomer

Postby Kryptovidicus » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:43 am

An unusual design, but it looks very mean and sturdy.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn XT1572 met Tapatalk
Kryptovidicus
Newcomer

Postby KungFujiApple » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:17 am

Really liking the build and the backstory. Some really great stuff. Those razor blades are awesome! Totally looking forward to what comes next :)
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby DoubleDamages » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:42 pm

Thanks again for your comments folks, here's the next batch of variants.

The HURF model above is equipped with a stolen and retrofitted millitary-grade long range autocanon d6Ra d6Ra, a standard armor configuration d6B and a long range com-link array coupled with a boosted communication relay for increased squad coordination d6Y d6Y.

This heavy HURF variant has been upgraded by former mechanic "Ryan Bloomer" now member of the Crimson Raiders. Nicknamed 'Hammer' by his colleagues, this frame is equiped with a pair of highly customised KRS-4 Rivet-guns d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd and a custom reinforced chassis composed of heavy armor plates and a whole new structural integrity d6B d6B.

Above is 'Crimson Leader' the highly customised frame of the Crimson Raiders' man in charge "Darell Tameron" former supervisor of a small mining operation on an asteroid orbiting planet Tartarus Prime in the system of the same name. This HURF is equipped with a reinforced chassis and a stolen millitary deflector shield prototype d6B d6B and a pair of higly modified com-link systems customised by Darell himself in order to keep in touch with his mens on the field d6Y d6Y. Crimson Leader also comes with a repurposed frame-sized launcher-tool now used as a demolition charge firing weapon d8Rr d8Rr d8Rr.
DoubleDamages
Newcomer

Postby VitorFaria » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:23 pm

Those are some pretty sweet missile tubes!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:43 am

I am really liking this next batch. Some really nice work. Keep it up, great job! And love the little backstory to go along with it :)
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Frame Designs