EX-PR1 by Tetracon (Updated and Built!)

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

EX-PR1 by Tetracon (Updated and Built!)

Postby Plexus » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:42 pm

Often times on the interplanetary battlefield one's enemy isn't other soldiers, but the environment itself. From low gravity environments, corrosive planetary atmospheres, the crushing depths of the ocean floor, or the cold vacuum of space. Not every frame can fight let alone function in every environment and biome. But for some, they need a frame that can fight those battles. A frame that can glide through water or sail through empty space just as easily as it can walk through burning sand or freezing ice.

Tetracon's answer to this need is the EX-PR1 "Pioneer". The first in a line of Exploration frames born out of a need for an easily modifiable frame that could be reused in a variety of exoplanet terrains and interplanetary atmospheres without heavy overhaul. Their thin, compact structures utilize some of the latest in Tetracon's armoring technology to make them as light and nimble as possible. A suite of onboard navigational AI systems operate the frame's many RCS and gyroscopic systems, as well as an advanced mobility thruster pod for lightning fast response and reaction time to pilot input. Even so, piloting one of these frames is not for the feint of heart, and only the most decorated and proven Agents of Tetracon are given the opportunity to pilot these machines.

The model below is equipped with sensor pod d6Y , mobility thruster d6G , arm mounted gas-powered ram-spike d6Rh , and a 50mm semi-automatic arm mounted rifle d6Rd d6Rd .

And with fluff out of the way... Here is the Exploration frame! After some discussion in the discord about 'aquatic' frames, and with some inspiration, I just had to take a shot at it myself. I really hope ya'll like this new addition to the Tetracon line! I hope to have a working model built soon ^.~.

Instructions are complete! Go check them out! ^.~ : https://www.dropbox.com/s/fecm7j16ebmrp ... Z.pdf?dl=0
Last edited by Plexus on Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:22 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Plexus
Chatty

Re: EX-PR1 by Tetracon

Postby Artasid » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:45 pm

This is extremely well done. Any chance of a breakdown, or LDD file? I would love to see how you constructed the torso.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:35 pm

Interesting ankle construction with those skeleton arms!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:58 am

Man! This frame comes together so well. Not only does it look cool, but it's put together very well, with good poesability and movement. And like I said it just looks so great, that roll cage really adds to the appearance. For some reason really liking the gas-powered ram-spike, it just looks so vicious. Awesome job! :D
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Been Around The Block

Re: EX-PR1 by Tetracon (Updated!)

Postby Plexus » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:58 am

Build instructions are now available in the original post ^^.
Plexus
Chatty

Postby Raedien » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:47 pm

Loving all these.
Raedien
Chatty

Postby Plexus » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:00 am

Aaaand he's built :D

Plexus
Chatty

Re: EX-PR1 by Tetracon (Updated and Built!)

Postby Kryptovidicus » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:10 am

Plexus wrote:Aaaand he's built :D

A splendid looking model!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn XT1572 met Tapatalk
Kryptovidicus
Newcomer

Postby Omega_Tahu » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:53 pm

It looks great in the brick! Although how is the stability? It seems like with those joints it would be a bit finicky
The LF-D5 "Stub" is the top of the line in agriculture frames, designed to haul heavy farm equipment. It is also easy to repair, with standardized connections between all joints. Buy one today.

Also, it's also quite cute on the battlefield....
Omega_Tahu
Talkative

Postby Plexus » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:39 pm

Omega_Tahu wrote:It looks great in the brick! Although how is the stability? It seems like with those joints it would be a bit finicky

It's tad front heavy, but posed right it stands just fine. I've had it standing in an 'action' pose all day (the one I posted up on the first thread post), and that was taken with it standing on an angled surface. So it does pretty well.
Plexus
Chatty

Postby KungFujiApple » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:12 am

Oh man this is awesome! :D
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Been Around The Block

Return to Frame Designs