History: (see below)
Environment : Surface - Frozen Wasteland;
Beneath Surface - Pockets of complex ecosystems and cities

Soldier: (with Ember Lances)
Image.
Close Combat Soldier Unit - with Ember Lances
by KungFujiApple, on Flickr

Image.
Close Combat Soldier (ready for action stance)

Leader: (with Ember Ax)
Image.
Close Combat Leader (front)
Last edited by KungFujiApple on Sun May 20, 2018 10:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
- KFA frame compilation
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Re: The Children of Oberon

Postby KungFujiApple » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:15 am

Artillery:(Sniper)
Image.
Artillery Unit - Sniper (1)

Image.
Artillery Unit - Sniper (2)

(Launcher)
Image.
Artillery Unit - Missile

Backstory:

The planet of Oberon is roughly the size of Mercury. Suffering from an endless winter on the surface, Oberon may at first seem to be devoid of life. However, a unique mineral found beneath the ice is the major contributing factor to how a variety of life, both plant and animal, is able to survive and thrive.

The rare mineral native to this planet is known in common terms as "Star Ember", or "Ember". This unique specimen has energy absorption and releasing properties. In its natural state it is able to absorb the heat energy from the planets core and release it in a regulated and controlled manner. That is why beneath the planets dense surface layer of ice, there is complex ecosystems in pockets of where the mineral was concentrated.

When refined as an alloy, it maintains a very high integrity tensile strength in extreme cold, while still containing a moderate amount of radiation absorption and releasing properties. Ember in this refined state is used in building structures and construction of frames to give them strong durability in the cold, ensuring that any occupants within have a stable and safe heating source.

Ember can be further refined and combined with a concentrated gas in a way that it can be "charged up" far beyond what it's capable of in its natural state. The mineral/gas combination can be ignited and be able to "burn" or release the energy inside with much more intensity.

This energy can be contained and controlled within a force field to produce a type of energy blade. The energy blade varies in hues of pinks, blues, and purples depending on where the mineral and gas were originally extracted from.

The Solar Union sees the many beneficial uses of this rare and precious mineral, especially in energy tools and blades, and is willing to pay top dollar for it. Making the planet of Oberon, a small, but lucrative establishment within the Solar Union.

See The Children of Oberon Stations :
Last edited by KungFujiApple on Sun May 20, 2018 11:17 am, edited 7 times in total.
- KFA frame compilation
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Vitoria » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:28 am

I'm really digging that axe, and the lavender complements the white really well.
VitorFaria (she/her)
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby Aardvark17 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:06 pm

These look awesome. I always dig the look of a stud between two dishes, and these builds really pull it off. The limbs also work really welll for me and those energy lances are dank! I also really like the way you added spikes on the Artillery Sniper's shoulders, makes it look really menacing.
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby KungFujiApple » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:58 am

VitorFaria wrote:I'm really digging that axe, and the lavender complements the white really well.

Thank you, lol, honestly I was making an order on brickowl and saw some Lavander color plates for a really good price. And I was like "what can I do with Lavander? But it's such a good deal I can't pass it up." :lol:

Aardvark17 wrote:These look awesome. I always dig the look of a stud between two dishes, and these builds really pull it off. The limbs also work really welll for me and those energy lances are dank! I also really like the way you added spikes on the Artillery Sniper's shoulders, makes it look really menacing.

Thank you very much for the compliments :D
- KFA frame compilation
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby KungFujiApple » Sun May 20, 2018 11:09 am

Continued Backstory:

"Ember" has further been able to be refined and utalized in a controlled projectile format. Making it quite useful for small anti aircraft, small to mid sized 'distance demolitions', and of course... guns: Oberon's first custom Ember gun, the (Ember Projectile 56) EP56. Now the Children of Oberon have a mid range edge to add to the battlefield.

Image.
Mid Range - double gun

I wanted to also post, that since it is really difficult for me to make guns, this is one of the more simplistic guns a person can make from Lego pieces (4 in total):
image.jpeg

Hope you enjoy, and as always appreciate any comments or suggestions :)
- KFA frame compilation
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Mantisking » Sun May 20, 2018 11:27 am

Nice gun design. Kinda reminds me of the one for my Aurelius.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Sun May 20, 2018 12:40 pm

Handheld guns are always tricky for me to get right. Sometimes they get too big to be called a pistol, other times, they're too small to be labeled as a rifle. lol just a lot of trial and error

I do like your simplistic approach to guns. Plus only 4 pieces! That is very parts friendly which is a bonus in it's favor. Very nicely done KungFujiApple! 8-)
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Vitoria » Mon May 21, 2018 10:11 pm

Woah, there's such a wave of cool gun designs recently, I know I'm repeating myself like crazy, but I can't help but to notice!

That might be one of the best 4 piece guns I've ever seen!
VitorFaria (she/her)
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Wed May 23, 2018 1:41 am

Mantisking wrote:Nice gun design. Kinda reminds me of the one for my Aurelius.
thank you. the Aurelius gun is a nice one :)
Artasid wrote:Handheld guns are always tricky for me to get right. Sometimes they get too big to be called a pistol, other times, they're too small to be labeled as a rifle. lol just a lot of trial and error

I do like your simplistic approach to guns. Plus only 4 pieces! That is very parts friendly which is a bonus in it's favor. Very nicely done KungFujiApple! 8-)
I hear you bro, guns are super tricky for me. Lol, trial, error, and time, lots of time :lol: thank you very much for the compliments :)
VitorFaria wrote:Woah, there's such a wave of cool gun designs recently, I know I'm repeating myself like crazy, but I can't help but to notice!

That might be one of the best 4 piece guns I've ever seen!
I do agree there are some really good gun designs as of late. And thanks for the high praise, but I'm gonna have to give credit to the purple/lavander highlight, purple is just an awesome color :lol:
- KFA frame compilation
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby SuspendedAnimation » Sun May 27, 2018 2:58 pm

I love your mineral "Ember" idea. Transferring energy from the planet's core and creating an incubator for life under the frozen surface! That is true creativity my friend! All around nice job!
SuspendedAnimation
Talkative

Postby KungFujiApple » Mon May 28, 2018 9:29 am

Thank you very much :D
- KFA frame compilation
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby KungFujiApple » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:32 am

Continued backstory:

For 6 days the attacks did not stop. Panic gripped all of Oberon. It's citizens in fearful expectation. It's defenders desperately trying to protect.

Their own frames were being used against them. Piloted by a remote signal. They seemed to be targeting manufacturing facilities, but what they knew for sure is that it needed to be stopped.

After the 6th day they were able to locate the source of the pirate signal. An unregistered star shuttle located on the planets frozen surface. As of now, it is still unknown how this shuttle managed to get in undetected, or even how it was able to get command access to the frames. All that they know is that once they closed in on the signals location it stopped broadcasting, and what was left was a smoldering crater with partially vaporized shuttle hull scattered about the frozen wilderness landscape.

One hurtful truth they had to face, was that when a high jacked frame was confronted, and it resulted in a fire fight, often more damage was done by their own weapons.

The counsel of Oberon saw that there is now a new need in the frames they manufacture. They needed something that could get close with stealth, and neutralize in one strike.

The Night Elf was their answer. It used less materials to make, and was a lighter and faster model. It was a specialty frame though, one that focused on stealth, speed, and precision:

"A" Type
ImageNight Elf - Model: Dark Storm - "A" version by KungFujiApple, on Flickr

"B" Type
ImageNight Elf - Model: Dark Storm - "B" version by KungFujiApple, on Flickr

This was perhaps one answer in a maelstrom of unanswered questions, but it is at least something that can bring the people of Oberon a little bit more peace and stability, for now......

Dun, dun, dunnnnnnn.

lol, just wanted to add a little story to the frames. I tried to do something a little different with these. I kinda liked the long heads and the colors, but I was running low on pieces at the time. So it kind of has an unfinished look to them in my opinion, but still, I wanted to see what I could come up with. I hope you like it, and of course appreciate any C and C :)
- KFA frame compilation
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby KungFujiApple » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:58 am

Updated model designs (lol, not so much updated as have finally gotten around to posting it :lol: ):

The designs are smaller and more compact, but still pack the same punch, earning them the name the Snow Dwarf.

Snow Dwarf - with Shortened Ax
ImageSnow Dwarf - with Shortened Ax - 2 by KungFujiApple, on Flickr

Again, smaller and more compact version of the original. Meant to be more stealthy.
Night Elf: Blind
ImageNight Elf - Model: Blind - 1 by KungFujiApple, on Flickr

For a quick stat comparison of the original Snow Dwarf version to the more recent one. Which do you prefer?
image.jpeg
- KFA frame compilation
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Aardvark17 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:38 pm

The proportions on that new Snow Dwarf are really nice, he's got a great stance.
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby KungFujiApple » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:30 am

Aardvark17 wrote:The proportions on that new Snow Dwarf are really nice, he's got a great stance.

Thank you :) truth be told the original reason for the update in design was that I was running low on T joints and needed to cannibalize some from this unit. And then afterwards, I saw that it looked better (in my opinion at least), more streamline, and with less parts usage.
- KFA frame compilation
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Frame Designs