Suma Crah - Pincer of the Coast

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Suma Crah - Pincer of the Coast

Postby KungFujiApple » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:36 am

So this is very heavily inspired by Mark Sakura's Luna-Tick frame. When I saw how he build this, it blew my mind.(https://www.flickr.com/photos/26561076@N07/24586213519/). I had never thought to build a frame in at way, so I went to making one. But only having limited pieces at the time, I came up with this design. I feel it's a much simpler, unrefined version of his, but still I liked how it came out, mainly because it had me think of an entirely different way of building. I would like to give many thanks again to Mark Sakura for his awesome, Awesome, designs, builds, and for sharing :D

Fluff:

The Suma Crah is a division of the Ijad defensive forces that works mainly to defend the shores and waterways. Designed with a body style in similar fashion to the Luna-Tick frame. The "Crahma Sei" or "Shoreline Crawler" frame is watertight, lighter and equipped with larger claws to make it effective in holding on to rocky shore, especially when moving beneath the water. The lighter frame however, limits the amount of depth it can go to generally a 50 meter range.

When in combat the frame is designed for a more "hide and strike" tactic. The frame's leg design makes it capable of quickly scurrying across shoreline terrain or hopping in jumping spider fashion when equipped with boosters. The Crama Sei is also equipped with light distorting technology that makes the frames actual location very difficult to judge. This can prove especially effective when lying just beneath the waves for a surprise attack to any would be threats.

Crahma Sei / Shoreline Crawler:
image.jpeg

Pincer Legs d6G
Pulse Cannon d6Rd
Light Distortion d6B
Optic Sensor d6Y
SSR d8Rr

Crahma Sei / Shoreline Crawler (Artillery):
image.jpeg

Pincer Legs d6G
Boosters d6G
Missile Box d6Ra
Light Distortion d6B
Optic Sensor d6Y

Group Shot:
image.jpeg

Hope you enjoy, and I appreciate any suggestions :)
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Re: Suma Crah - Pincer of the Coast

Postby VitorFaria » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:00 pm

Awesome!

Omitting the octogonal plates of the Luna-Ticks makes those super beginner friendly!

I also really like the placement of the "stinger" weapons, those are hard to make looking natural.
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Aardvark17 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:06 pm

Man, you're making so many cool frames right now!
I like the color scheme a lot, as it really ties in the whole ocean-theming. The builds are awesome, with really nice shaping and I especially like the way you turned the claws on the ends of the feet of the Shoreline Crawlers.
Sponsored by The Bike CompanyTM and Big Ol' Bikes, Inc.TM
Aardvark17
Talkative

Postby Artasid » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:26 pm

The Luna-Tick has always been an interesting one, though I never really had a chance to explore it. These simpler designs you made based off it are very well done. I almost want to say that I like these better. And I also like to repeat VitorFaria statement about the octagonal plates. This goes to prove that you don't need rare and hard to find parts to make an awesome frame!
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Been Around The Block

Postby KungFujiApple » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:22 pm

Wow guys, thank you very much :) I might add that omitting the octagonal plate was not done on purpose, it was because I didn't have enough of them, so I tried putting something together with what I had.
Aardvark17 wrote: I especially like the way you turned the claws on the ends of the feet of the Shoreline Crawlers.

Thank you, I was just messing around with different angles and found that seemed to look better :lol:
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Return to Frame Designs