Ahra Tauh - The Swarm of Sight

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Ahra Tauh - The Swarm of Sight

Postby KungFujiApple » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:12 am

Here was a first attempt at the Ijad frames, I kept to a really simple theme. I hope you like it, and of course appreciate and suggestions and feedback :)

Fluff:

With the possibility of war at any time, and with the growing threat of terrorist factions. The Ijad saw the need for a simple yet effective frame, one that would be easy to mass produce. So they put into effect program Ahra Tauh. A program designed to create a basic standardized frame both efficient, and versatile. A frame that can be used on the battle field, on patrol, and even for scouting.

Since the "Stingbeam" laser is one of their most effective weapons, each core model comes equipped with one. The simple body design allows for an easy upgrade in components, and weapons. The symmetrical design of the frame body allows for a 360 degree area of sight, attack, and mobility. And the reinforced metal exterior gives it added protection in the field. However other models can come equipped with light reflector technology to camouflage the frame. Here are the first basic standard models:

The Creeping Eye - Standard Model
image.jpeg

Stingbeam Laser d6Rd
Reinforced Metal Exterior d6B
4 Legs d6G
Antennae d6Y

The Creeping Eye - Upgraded Model
image.jpeg

Stingbeam Laser d6Rd
4 Legs (upgraded) d6G
Antennae (upgraded) d6Y

The Spider Eye - Artillery Model
image.jpeg

Spider Eye Missile Box (2) d6Ra d6Ra
4 Legs d6G
Last edited by KungFujiApple on Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Re: Ahra Tauh - The Swarm of Sight

Postby KungFujiApple » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:15 am

Group Shot:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Postby Artasid » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:42 am

These are actually pretty cute. When I first saw the Creeping Eye Standard and Upgraded models, for some strange odd reason, I was reminded of the Cookie Robots from the first Despicable Me movie. (I said 'COOKIE Robots, not Boogie... Why you so old? lolololol).

Its nice to see some simple Ijad frames again. Very well done.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Been Around The Block

Postby VitorFaria » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:41 am

Those are super simple and elegant, nice work!

The artillery one still looks like it still has a stingbeam, thou. You may consider changing the color of the "eye" to represent the distinction.
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby pepitosegrilla » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:35 pm

I usually can't find any use for most weird pieces, but you found a place for every one in those builds, so I'm impressed ;)
pepitosegrilla
Chatty

Postby KungFujiApple » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:22 am

pepitosegrilla wrote:I usually can't find any use for most weird pieces, but you found a place for every one in those builds, so I'm impressed ;)

Thank you, some of your stuff is pretty impressive too :)

Artasid wrote:These are actually pretty cute. When I first saw the Creeping Eye Standard and Upgraded models, for some strange odd reason, I was reminded of the Cookie Robots from the first Despicable Me movie. (I said 'COOKIE Robots, not Boogie... Why you so old? lolololol).

Its nice to see some simple Ijad frames again. Very well done.

Thank you :) , I can definitely see how they can remind you of the cookie robots, funny enough, I had to look up what the cookie robots were cause I haven't gotten around to seeing despicable me yet :o

VitorFaria wrote:Those are super simple and elegant, nice work!

The artillery one still looks like it still has a stingbeam, thou. You may consider changing the color of the "eye" to represent the distinction.

Thank you :) I appreciate the suggestion. Apparently the models were coming off of the assembly line too fast that they equipped a Stingbeam laser on the Spider Eye :lol: A simple recall should fix the problem:
image.jpeg

Thanks again for the suggestion, I really appreciate it :D
Last edited by KungFujiApple on Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Postby KungFujiApple » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:28 am

Here is a breakdown of the Creeping Eye for the LDD construction:

Head and Body:
image.jpeg

Body:
image.jpeg

Head:
image.jpeg
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Postby Artasid » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:48 pm

I made LDD files on each of the Creeping Eyes. Please note however that the Digital Designer would not allow me to remove the joystick from its mount to make the Spider Eye Missile Box warheads for the Artillery loadout. I ended up using regular red pegs to substitute.

Creeping Eye Artillery

Creeping Eye Standard

Creeping Eye Upgrade
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Been Around The Block

Postby Red_Robot » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:02 am

Ohhh....these look like a bunch of chabbers. That basic design is really quite excellent. These would make a great swarmer company.
When the Weepers first came through the gate, we didn't know why. We only knew that they were angry.
Red_Robot
Been Around The Block

Return to Frame Designs