The 6th Regiment

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

The 6th Regiment

Postby KungFujiApple » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:17 am

Ok, so this was an attempt to build a mini sized frame company, and to try keep to simple and basic build designs.

I got to writing a simple one paragraph backstory, but it didn't stay so simple, it just kinda grew and grew, until unlike the company design it didn't stay so simple. :lol: I was inspired a little bit by Mark Sakura and his amazing ability to create a thorough well written backstory to the universe (although it is not nearly as good as Mr. Sakura's). I'm sure there are some grammar mistakes, and definite plot holes, as I am still getting acclimated with the MFZ universe. If you have taken the time to read, please ask any questions, point out any plot holes, or things that may not add up. Also please feel free to add any suggestions on the frame designs as well.

Thank you:)

The 6 Regiments "Custodians of the Field":

Field Rover
image.jpeg

Sower
image.jpeg

Tiller
image.jpeg
Last edited by KungFujiApple on Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Re: The 6th Regiment

Postby KungFujiApple » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:22 am

Group Shot:
image.jpeg

Frame Measurements:
image.jpeg

Hope you enjoy:)

I might also add that the "Field Rover" feet were based off of feet I saw while going through Flicker posts. I can not locate the exact picture, but I do want to give them the credit for the inspiration.

Fluff:

"We are known as Custodians of the Field. It is a high honor to be among those who have sworn to loyally protect the Crown, and the heavenly body it resides on. Our regiments distinguished purpose is to guard and protect the countryside of our gracious Lord and Eminence. Tasked with keeping this kingdoms interests, assets, and subjects safe from any threat. Should we encounter any such threat, we are to courageously and swiftly engage and neutralize it."

- Commander Garrison Hayes of the 6th Regiment, when asked on inspection by the Solar Union, to explain his duty and position

Planet: Entalla, located in the Kigali solar system, a planet roughly the size of this solar systems planet of Mercury. Originally consisting of sparse areas of vegetation followed by large areas of wasteland and inhabited by several smaller sized oceans. Discovered nearly 200 years ago by a planetary survey crew. Their survey found that the soil was full of nutrients, but the air was not very supportive to many kinds of life, both plant and animal. The Solar Union decided that only a moderate to minimal amount of terraforming would be needed to turn the already nutrient rich soil into a cultivators haven.

It turned out to be exactly that, minimal amounts of terraforming jump started an ecosystem that has 4 seasons in the southern and northern hemisphere with a temperate equator. Combined with the already nutrient rich soil, and Entalla is able to produce ample amounts of crops. It's main yields being wheat, generally grown in the southern hemisphere, corn in the northern, and rice in the mid / equator area. It is able to be a significant provider of staple foods to much of the Union.

History and Government: Entalla originally call Mul, was flush with budding colonies of well maintained villages and towns throughout the planet. Mainly occupying simple farm laborers, frame / equipment repair, and blacksmithing. Each village or town was assigned its own territory to manage.

As the Union expanded, though, so did the demand for more produce. This lead to increased pressure from the Union to produce more and more yield. While the workers did their best to keep up with the demands, the Union insisted they can, and will produce more. This quickly lead to a rapid increase in oppressive and unfavorable conditions, resulting in the small villages and towns of Mul banding together as one to separate from the rest of the Union. Their first act was to close the transit gate and wait for the Union to come to them, reasoning that the Union would not be quick to start a war that would ravage the very thing that they valued so much.

While waiting for the Union to respond to their separatist action, the villages and towns united together to form their own kingdom under the name Entalla (which was a combination of words from their local dialect, meaning "growing seed"). Their chosen leader was a laborer from the southern region, a man of the people, named Toth Malcus, who earlier took the lead in declaring the Unions actions unfair and unjust. After the Union came, it was Toth Malcus himself who spoke in behalf of the people as the newly formed nation of Entalla.

Negotiations lasted only several months, resulting in only one minor skirmish in which 7 villagers in repurposed labor frames independently attacked a temporary bunker of TEM's, claiming their presence alone was an act of hostility to their newly formed planetary nation. The attack resulted in the death of only 3 of the attacking villagers.

The final agreement reached between the Union and Entalla was that Entalla could function as its own independent ruling class, however it was still to be an active member of the Solor Union. Therefore it had a responsibility to produce a "reasonable" amount of produce. And to ensure that no future insurrection would happen, the Union would provide regular inspections to make sure that Entalla's ruling class was not deviating from their negotiations. These timely negotiations also ensured that the Union would be able to still benefit from that seasons harvest.

With reasonable conditions established, all was well for both the Union, and the newly formed planetary nation. Although being Entalla's leader Toth Malcus would frown upon any special treatment, he felt he had no extra right or privilege than any other man. He instilled this same mentality in his son and successor Clode Malcus. As time progressed, however, those traits in the Malcus family began to fade. 5 generations after Toth, the Malcus name became synonymous with "exalted" and "supreme". Tribute was now to be paid to his "Lord and Eminence". A immense fortress was build for the planets ruling superior to dwell. And an army of guard frames, or "Custodians of the Field" were built to protect his Excellencies interests, assets, and subjects safe from any threat.

Things now may be progressing to far. And Entalla may be in danger of breaching its established negotiations with the Solor Union. Will conflict be around the corner or can it be averted? Only time can tell.
Last edited by KungFujiApple on Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Postby VitorFaria » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:59 am

That Sower is really great looking, nice shaping on the cockpit!

We don't see (what I imagine to be) a 4p company in a while, so this is all very refreshing!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:26 am

Breakdown for LDD reconstruction:

The Sower:
image.jpeg

Field Custodian:
Head:
image.jpeg

Leg:
image.jpeg
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Postby Aardvark17 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:03 pm

Forgot to comment on this earlier, but I really like what you've done here. The small frames are incredibly effective, especially in terms of parts (pneuma-T's as feet - mindblown!) and the small cockpits look really, really good.
Also, props to you for going out of typical scale. It's less well explored but you've done a great job.
Sponsored by The Bike CompanyTM and Big Ol' Bikes, Inc.TM
Aardvark17
Talkative

Postby KungFujiApple » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:10 pm

VitorFaria wrote:That Sower is really great looking, nice shaping on the cockpit!

We don't see (what I imagine to be) a 4p company in a while, so this is all very refreshing!

Aardvark17 wrote:Forgot to comment on this earlier, but I really like what you've done here. The small frames are incredibly effective, especially in terms of parts (pneuma-T's as feet - mindblown!) and the small cockpits look really, really good.
Also, props to you for going out of typical scale. It's less well explored but you've done a great job.

Thank you both :) Funny enough, I never thought the cockpit would get as much attention. As a point on the pneuma-T feet if you are thinking of using them, rotate them out slightly, if you keep them streamline with the legs then it won't be able to balance. I learned that the hard way, watching those frames fall over at the drop of a pin :lol:
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Return to Frame Designs