Core Hounds

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Core Hounds

Postby Artasid » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:11 pm

FLUFF
(Enter Announcer with Southern Accent)

Well, Hey dar yall! If yer just like me, you luv yer dog. But if you aint got one, then yous might wanna git you one. Dogs are one of mans best friends. They'll guard yer home, protect yer family, even smell out them pesky varmits that be eattin yer crops.

Now I know that there be some of them there 'Animal Rights groups' or whatever, spouting all sorts of words like 'Animal cruelty', and 'equal rights' and what have ya. But I just might got da thing you'll be needin if having dogs is not alright with your countryfolk. We call them Core Hounds

ImageCore Hound

This here robot dog aint need feedin, waterin, groomin, or pooper-scoopin. And best of all, yall not git them letters in your post box about your mistreatment of yer pets, though I don't reckon anyone round here be that cruel. Especially to them faithful canine companions. Still, havin yerself a robot dog is next best thing if you can't have the real one.

Shoot, they's even come with parts needin for different uses, I tell you what. We've got three of them here already to go to their new homes, once thems git picked up o'course.

ImageCustom Core Hounds
ORANGE: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Long Range Missiles, d6B Armored Head Gear
TAN: d6Rd d6Rd Back Cannon, d6B d6B Lots of Spiked Plates, d6Y Tail Antenna
WHITE: d6B Hind Shield, d6Y Tail Antenna, d6G Back-Mounted Thruster, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

So come on down and git yerself a trusty faithful Core Hound. A Mans, and Frames, Best Friend
ImageWho's a good boy?

END FLUFF

Hope you enjoyed. As always, I am eager to hear your thoughts.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Core Hounds

Postby Aardvark17 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:55 pm

AWESOME!
I love the legs in the front, they look really cool. And although the eye setup doesn't really scream "dog" to me, these really rock it. I love the armored ones, the orange one gives an awesome "tough beetle" vibe while the leg armoring on the other two is great.
I especially love how the base frame is made of mainly just four kinds of pieces 8-)
Great job!
Check out my Flickr if you want
Aardvark17
Talkative

Postby KungFujiApple » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:25 am

I really like the core hound idea, I feel the white color one resembles a "canine" the most. I like how the frame is a good design to base a four legged frame off of. And I hope you don't mind if I use your frame as base to build a four legged frame in the future.:) I do have a question though, since I'm still in the early stages of the MFZ learning curve, can an unmanned frame take the battle field?
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Postby VitorFaria » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:50 am

Those are great, Artasid!

A canine body plan is something we should experiment with more!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:54 pm

KungFujiApple wrote:I hope you don't mind if I use your frame as base to build a four legged frame in the future.:)

I would not mind in the slightest. in fact I hope to see what you come up with. Sharing ideas is one of the reasons why I hang out in the hanger, so please go right ahead.

KungFujiApple wrote:I do have a question though, since I'm still in the early stages of the MFZ learning curve, can an unmanned frame take the battle field?

As someone who is also slightly unsure about the overall universe of Mobile Frame Zero, I do not see a reason why not. But if you are unsure, I would say that it's a Frame suit for a trained canine. Military, Security, Police and other law enforcement agencies use trained canine units (Attack dogs, Drug detection dogs ect) so it would make sense that it would still be practiced in the MFZ universe, but this is just my observation. When in doubt, I was told that it's the players final decision.

Aardvark17 wrote:AWESOME!
I love the legs in the front, they look really cool. And although the eye setup doesn't really scream "dog" to me, these really rock it. I love the armored ones, the orange one gives an awesome "tough beetle" vibe while the leg armoring on the other two is great.
I especially love how the base frame is made of mainly just four kinds of pieces 8-)
Great job!

VitorFaria wrote:Those are great, Artasid!

A canine body plan is something we should experiment with more!

KungFujiApple wrote:I really like the core hound idea, I feel the white color one resembles a "canine" the most. I like how the frame is a good design to base a four legged frame off of.

Thanks guys. I actually own 5 dogs myself (Toy and Teacup size poodles.). Although the Core Hounds only bare a slight resemblance to canines, I thought they were good enough to share. I'm currently waiting for another parts order so I can get a full company built. Got an idea of a company with 1 handler and 4 attack dog frames. I'll keep you posted how it turns out.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Shades_Corvid » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:50 pm

these are really neat and might have to copy these
"The Legs have Teeth..." *Comm Static*

Dark Cloud Blogs - A MF0 Blog (Mostly)

The University - MF0 Discord Server
Shades_Corvid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:34 pm

Shades_Corvid wrote:these are really neat and might have to copy these

Please do.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Blorf » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:02 pm

KungFujiApple wrote: I do have a question though, since I'm still in the early stages of the MFZ learning curve, can an unmanned frame take the battle field?

In the Solar Calendar lore, frames have sentient pilots. But, it's kind of a core game tenet that on your table, you can do anything you want. Nobody here is going to call you out or anything. Imagination is encouraged.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby VitorFaria » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:02 pm

Blorf wrote:Imagination is encouraged.

We have a new motto.
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:03 pm

I finally received my long awaited parts order and have constructed my Core Hound Company, Attack Pack

ImageCore Hound Attack Pack
Core Hounds: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Dual Forelimb Impalers, d6Y Tail Antenna, d6G Back Mounted Thrusters, d8G No Ranged Weaponry
Core Hound Handler: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual Shoulder Cannons, d6Y d6Y Dual Shoulder Scanners, d8Rr d8Rr d8Rr 3 Tennis Ball SSRs

Hope you enjoyed and I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Aardvark17 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:30 pm

Awesome company! I love the dog handler aesthetic, it works great and chains are cool :D
The Core Hounds look so nice as a unit together, really brings the company together
Check out my Flickr if you want
Aardvark17
Talkative

Postby KungFujiApple » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:40 pm

This company turned out really great! I love the color, how they look, and uniformity. Great job :D
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Return to Frame Designs