BloodBrothers

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

BloodBrothers

Postby Artasid » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:43 am

WARNING!!! The following fluff does get a bit graphic so please be aware. I add this warning as a precaution

The BloodBrothers...

ImageBloodBrothers

Many are not sure of the BloodBrothers motivations as this group of Ijads are radically different than what most others would believe. It would seem that they have developed a mindset that most human societies are an abomination they must eradicate lest they fall victim to their lifestyle choices. To be govern from afar has always been taboo for the Ijad, and this small band seek the extremes to erase all traces of such travesties, often leaving in their wake disturbing and horrific evidences of their desecrations. Stranger still is the growing attraction to their cause. It has been noted that several humans, who are unsatisfied with the unjust conditions of the Solar Union's rule or even of their local government, have appealed to the BloodBrothers as pioneers of some grander scheme, though only the truly devout are accepted within the growing circle. At present the BloodBrotherhood consists of a small band of likeminded radicals, but with each successful campaign, they have either increased their number of followers, or the number of casualties left in their wake.

ImageBloodBrother 1
B.B.1 d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Dual Katanas, d6Y Searchlight, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

ImageBloodBrother 2
B.B.2 d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual Missile Pods, d6Y Area Scanner

ImageBloodBrother 3
B.B.3 d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Cannons, d6G d6G Dual Power Coils

ImageBloodBrother Chub
Chub B.B. d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Dual Plasma Sabre's d6Y Radar Scanner, d6G Jump Pack, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

If you've noticed by now that much (not all) of the parts used in these frames once again came from multiple sets of 30522 (LEGO Batman and the Phantom Zone) I am thoroughly convinced this one set has perhaps one of the greatest collection of parts needed for Mobile Frame Zero. I would have gotten more to make a 5th member of this company, but unfortunately the WalMart I bought these from had not yet restocked since my previous purchase's. ( :roll: )
Hope you enjoyed and I apologize for the graphic backstory, but if it is not appropriate for this thread then please inform me and I will changed it.
I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share, if any.
Last edited by Artasid on Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Re: BloodBrothers

Postby CmdrRook » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:44 am

Horror and cruelty are not strictly against the rules, but it appears you've created a company with "evil for the sake of evil" as their sole motivation and end goal. Remember that players often broker deals of convenience to further their agenda, and the lore building rules suggest that if everyone's goals are met, war would end. Ask yourself, "what would these characters ally for, and what common goal do they share? Who feeds, houses, and cares for them? Who repairs their tech? Why? What could make them stop fighting?"

If you can't satisfactorily answer those questions, you may want to revise their backstory. History and current world events remind us that groups of people can have irrational, hurtful goals, but they rarely have no goals at all.

Edit: To avoid criticizing without offering an example of my own;

A radical group of Ijad believe that sentience is a curse that yields only suffering. Personhood is an affront to nature that should be corrected, and so they dedicate themselves to eradicating it. They realize this is a lofty goal for a small group, so they make examples of their belief wherever they go, leaving cruel warnings to survivors and making effigies of their own frames as a message of conversion, or propping up failing causes to prolong the suffering of everyone involved. Surprisingly, it works. The occasional witness to the carnage either joins for their own selfish reasons, or becomes an honest convert to the cause. Some mistakenly believe they are the patron saints of lost causes. Other see their membership as the ultimate defiance of law and authority. True believes will not consider their mission accomplished until sentience crosses an event horizon to extinction, or they can be convinced that sentience is a part of the natural order, and their belief is mistaken. Both are equally unlikely, meaning years of suffering and devastation for these motivated few and their victims lie ahead.
CmdrRook
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:04 am

Those are some pretty fine quads, Artasid! Great detail on the legs!

Rook's criticism is on point, thou, and his suggestion is great.
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:45 am

CmdrRook wrote:Horror and cruelty are not strictly against the rules, but it appears you've created a company with "evil for the sake of evil" as their sole motivation and end goal. Remember that players often broker deals of convenience to further their agenda, and the lore building rules suggest that if everyone's goals are met, war would end. Ask yourself, "what would these characters ally for, and what common goal do they share? Who feeds, houses, and cares for them? Who repairs their tech? Why? What could make them stop fighting?"

If you can't satisfactorily answer those questions, you may want to revise their backstory. History and current world events remind us that groups of people can have irrational, hurtful goals, but they rarely have no goals at all.

VitorFaria wrote:Rook's criticism is on point, thou, and his suggestion is great.

Thank you guys. I have edited the backstory a little and hopefully it is more to your liking.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby KungFujiApple » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:48 am

You really do some awesome stuff with the Lego Batman in the Phantom Zone set (I'm sure you have a dozen Lego Batman figures to back it up too :lol: ). The frames look really nice, and I like the color. I love the blue side eye, it really goes with the the overall appearance of the frame really well.

The backstory is not too bad, and I appreciate CmdrRook's suggestion.

If you really think about it, MFZ universe is really only in its infancy. So the lore that we create to go along with it may still need some restructuring every now and then. Still, a very nice job. Hope they restock your Batman set at Walmart soon. :)
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Postby Red_Robot » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:37 am

Really nice looking squad. I enjoy your walkers a lot.

And as far as fluff goes, I don't know what you altered, but having cruel or tribalistic factions isn't outside of the scope of the Solar Calendar setting. As I recall Soren's own Armored of God are pretty xenophobic and nasty (at least to those strange Humans) and they've been around since the inception of the game. The Ruling From Afar taboo that the Ijad hold certainly inspired the Free Colonies movement, but it's reasonable that certain tribes or factions could see this as a "contamination" brought on by human contact. What makes it interesting is that there is a Chub in the squad, which I am assuming is piloted by a human or a bonded human/ijad pair. There's a story there, given the philosophy of the faction.
When the Weepers first came through the gate, we didn't know why. We only knew that they were angry.
Red_Robot
Been Around The Block

Return to Frame Designs