The Darkstar Project

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

The Darkstar Project

Postby KungFujiApple » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:21 am

So this is my first company that I designed. I was not and am still not that great at making ranged weapons, so you may notice it's very heavily a close combat unit.

The frame itself was influenced by Mitten Ninja's Serpent Legion
And the duel claws were influenced by Lowest Form of Wit.

Unit Name: The Darkstar Project
Planet Name: Venus
Background: Guardians of Classified Mine (see below)
Environment: Gas Mine, Short Field Clearing, Dense Venusian Jungle

V482
Image.
Darkstar Unit: Frame V482
by KungFujiApple, on Flickr
Shoulder Cannon d6Rd
Plasma Ninja Sword d6Rh
Purple Armor d6B
Feet Jets d6G

V679 (purple)
Image.
Darkstar Unit: Frame V679 (purple)
Duel Claws d6Rh d6Rh d8G
Purple Armor d6B
Feet Jets d6G

V679 (green)
Image.
Darkstar Unit: Frame V679 (green)
Duel Claws d6Rh d6Rh d8G
Green Armor d6B
Feet Jets d6G
Last edited by KungFujiApple on Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 11 times in total.
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Been Around The Block

Re: The Darkstar Project

Postby KungFujiApple » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:33 am

V293
Image.
Darkstar Unit: Frame V293
Pike d6Rh d6Rh d8G
White armor d6B
Feet Jets d6G

VWH117 (Work Horse edition)
Image.
Darkstar Unit: Frame VH117 (Workhorse Edition)

Plasma Cannons d6Ra
Sensor Array d6Y
Mech Legs d6G
Black Armor d6B

Group shot:
Image.
Group shot of the Darkstars

Backstory:

The Darkstars, a strike force team that protects a unique and covert mining operation on Venus. The team, named after the mining project itself (the Darkstar Project), is made up of highly skilled pilots, most being former TEM's. The mine that they vigilantly guard, extracts from a deposit of super concentrated gasses, deep in its core. These gasses are refined and processed to form what's called "Ignition", a new material that can be used in reinforcing specialty plasma weapons and shields. This new material and process is still in the developmental phase and needs to be kept with the upmost secrecy.

There is a 130 meter clearing that surrounds the mine, followed by dense thick jungle. Because of the dense jungle surrounding the mine, the Darkstars prefer to fight in close combat, either keeping in ambush for a quick strike, or waiting for the enemy to emerge from the jungle to strike all at once. The reason for such aggressive protective measures is because of rival corporations and governments either spying on the process, or attempting to sabotage the operation. So far no attempt has been successful.

The standard frame model for this unit is the "Venmire" frame. Originally designed as a smaller, yet sturdy work frame. The Venmire frame was originally engineered to handle work and mobility in the Venusian jungle environment. Retrofitted as a combat frame, it is capable of delivering quick and powerful close combat damage. Various models used are represented by "V" for Venmire followed by the model number.

So this the Darkstar Project. I hope you like it :)

View also:
Darkstar Project Stations
Last edited by KungFujiApple on Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 9 times in total.
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Been Around The Block

Postby Shades_Corvid » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:47 am

Lookin good
"The Legs have Teeth..." *Comm Static*

Dark Cloud Blogs - A MF0 Blog (Mostly)

The University - MF0 Discord Server
Shades_Corvid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:06 pm

I like how you took inspiration from those frames from way back, nothing better to illustrate how important is to preserve the memories of our community! Hangar Police strikes again!

Those are all very good looking as well, nice work! In the future people will look back to this as well!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:59 pm

Thank you for the compliments. I would have to say that I've noticed this community not only has some amazing creativity and designs, but also a friendly standard of honor. People seem to be happy to share their ideas and what they've made to help Inspire others, I find that refreshing and admirable.

If someone were to ever be inspired by any of the simple designs I come up with, that would be an honor all too great.

Vitorfaria, I wanted to say that in addition to quite a bit of your other work, I personally like this frame:
Last edited by KungFujiApple on Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Been Around The Block

Postby KungFujiApple » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:52 am

Here is a breakdown of the leader frame (V293) for LDD construction. This frame is of similar design to the Exploratory frame from The Verge. However this is a little more basic, so I figured it would be easier to reconstruct. Please also note in the top comments that this frame design was inspired by mittenninja.

Sections:
image.jpeg

Shoulder and Cockpit:
image.jpeg

Legs and Torso:
image.jpeg
Last edited by KungFujiApple on Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Been Around The Block

Postby KungFujiApple » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:56 am

Pike:
image.jpeg

Shoulder and Torso Joint:
image.jpeg

If there is anything more that could help with the LDD please let me know. :)
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:53 pm

I have added the LDD file for the V293 Darkstar to the Compilation of Frame Instructions 2017 version thread. I'll post it here as well for convenience. Please note that the LDD would not allow the placement of the trans blue round onto the technic peg on the end of the spike weapon, so it has been left to the side as a placement note. I apologize if this is an inconvenience.

V293 Darkstar Project
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby KungFujiApple » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:33 am

Continued Backstory:

The Darkstar Project has been very successful and lucrative. And things could not look better. The "Ignition", mined from this operation has created a very high demand in experimental reinforced shielding as well as plasma based weapons and tools. One of the largest established clients of this secretive experimental tech is The Eternium Kingdom, a planet settlement that has developed a lucrative frame industry called 8-bit Technologies. 8-bit has been incorporating Darkstar Project tech (specialty shields and weapons) to some of their frames and equipment. This established business has generated such a consistent flow of private revenue that the entire Project has been able to upgrade.

Some of these upgrades were put into the Unit that protects the operation, the Darkstars. Consulting with Venmire frame designers to produce a new line of frames called the VTX (Venmire Transformation eXterior). The VTX is a Venmire frame that is designed specifically for combat. Now the Venmire line can be on par with such other Venusian combat frames as the Orchid Mantis and the Katydid

The entire Darkstar unit now has a more uniform look:

The VTX Scythe, previously the V679 model, comes equipped with streamline reinforced armor in the shoulders, legs, and torso. The arms have been shortened to give more efficiency and accuracy when striking a target.
Image.
VTX Scythe

Image.
VTX Scythe ( back )

The VTX Pike, previously the V293 & V482 model, is no longer just limited to the leader frame. This Frame is now reinforced with additional armor to the arms and back . The frame is also equipped with its own specialty "Ignition" shielding tech to the legs, and also the shoulders as well.
Image.
VTX Pike Unit ( Grey and Black )

Image.
VTX Pike ( Back )

The VTX Propel, previously the VWH117 model, has now been modified with trimmer shape and more versatile weaponry, missiles. These modifications allow for this frame to deliver more effective support on the battlefield.
Image.
VTX Propel

These recent developments make future prospects look very bright. With the addition of this promising new industry and potential for new sources of revenue to the Venusian market, the Darkstar Project is soon expected to go public with this technology.
Last edited by KungFujiApple on Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Been Around The Block

Postby KungFujiApple » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:36 am

Last edited by KungFujiApple on Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Been Around The Block

Postby Aardvark17 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:25 pm

These look great!
I guess I never commented on how much I love the V679, but the new VTX Scythe looks even better! that dual katana claw setup is just too cool :)
I also really like how the VTX Pike looks in that zoomed out shot. The long pikes really add to the look.
So overall, awesome stuff! I really like these frames, they all look great.
Check out my Flickr if you want
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby VitorFaria » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:58 pm

Marvelous use of purple, it pops beautifully!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:18 am

Aardvark17: thank you very much! I do want to point out again that the katana claw setup is from Lowest Form of Wit. When I first saw that I thought, "that is a really cool looking concept, I've gotta use that". Actually I'm pretty sure the pike was somehow inspired by Lowest Form too. But I'm really glad you like it, and I really appreciate your compliments :)

VitorFaria : thanks, when I was first designing these I wanted to go for a more Decepticon color scheme, so purple had to be in there somewhere :lol: plus I really like purple, and it turns out purple can be one of the cheapest colors to purchase on bricklink, brickowl, etc.
Last edited by KungFujiApple on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:23 pm

I have to join the choir here and agree with VitorFaria and Aardvark17. These are some wonderful additions to the Darkstar Project. I particularly like the VTX Propel and it's long range loadout. It defiantly screams Decepticon as you had described.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby KungFujiApple » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:53 am

Thank you Artasid :)
Artasid wrote:I particularly like the VTX Propel and it's long range loadout. It defiantly screams Decepticon as you had described.

Glad you like the missilely Propel. And that you think it looks Decepticon like. Got to admit that ever since I was a kid I liked the Autobots personality and code, but the Decepticons just looked so ridiculously awesome :lol: thanks again :)
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Been Around The Block

Postby NickB » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:12 pm

These look great! :o
NickB
Newcomer

Postby KungFujiApple » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:35 am

NickB wrote:These look great! :o

Thank you very much NickB. And welcome to the forum :)
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Been Around The Block

Postby SuspendedAnimation » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:01 pm

I just got around to seeing this! Loving the backstory and the frame design. Well done!
SuspendedAnimation
Young Gun

Postby KungFujiApple » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:14 am

Thank you very much Suspended Animation :) Coming from you, I consider that high praise indeed as I find that your work has been terrific.
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Been Around The Block

Postby KungFujiApple » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:02 pm

News Update:

"In business news, 8-bit Industries, the planet Eternium based frame developer and manufacturer, has been cultivating a growing interest in Venusian research and development.

This has been marking a breakthrough in Venusian and Union relations. As usual, the details about these developments have been obscure at best. However spokesperson for 8-bit, Bastion Cul, has been quoted as saying: "'Trade relations between Eternium and Venus are now a solid bond."'

The specifications as to what is exactly being traded have yet to be reveled. In the meantime the economy for both of these established planets and their surrounding systems has been at an all time peak. What further developments will be in store? Only time can tell."
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Been Around The Block

Next

Return to Frame Designs