The Darkstar Project

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

The Darkstar Project

Postby KungFujiApple » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:21 am

So this is my first company that I designed. I was not and am still not that great at making ranged weapons, so you may notice it's very heavily a close combat unit.

The frame itself was influenced by Mitten Ninja's Serpent Legion
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mittennin ... 9654811612

And the duel claws were influenced by Lowest Form of Wit.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/76543270@N07/8670249125/

Fluff:

A strike force that oversees one of the most heavily guarded mines on the planet. This mine extracts from a deposit of super concentrated gasses, deep in its core. These gasses are used for specialty plasma weapons and shields.

There is a 130 meter clearing that surrounds the mine, followed by dense thick jungle. Because of the dense jungle surrounding the mine, those of the Darkstar Project prefer to fight in close combat, either keeping in ambush for a quick strike, or waiting for the enemy to emerge from the jungle to strike all at once.

The standard frame model for this unit is the "Venmire" frame. Originally designed as a smaller, yet sturdy work frame. The Venmire frame is engineered to handle the jungle environment. Retrofitted as a combat frame it is capable of delivering quick and powerful close combat damage. Various models used are represented by "V" for Venmire followed by the model number.

V482
image.jpg

Shoulder Cannon d6Rd
Plasma Ninja Sword d6Rh
Purple Armor d6B
Feet Jets d6G

V679 (purple)
image.jpg

Duel Claws d6Rh d6Rh d8G
Purple Armor d6B
Feet Jets d6G

V679 (green)
image.jpg

Duel Claws d6Rh d6Rh d8G
Green Armor d6B
Feet Jets d6G
Last edited by KungFujiApple on Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Re: The Darkstar Project

Postby KungFujiApple » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:33 am

V293
image.jpg

Pike d6Rh d6Rh d8G
White armor d6B
Feet Jets d6G

VWH117 (Work Horse edition)
image.jpg

Plasma Cannons d6Ra
Sensor Array d6Y
Mech Legs d6G
Black Armor d6B

Group shot:
image.jpg

So this the Darkstar Project. I hope you like it :)

Darkstar Project Stations :

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7772
Last edited by KungFujiApple on Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Postby Shades_Corvid » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:47 am

Lookin good
"The Legs have Teeth..." *Comm Static*

Dark Cloud Blogs - A MF0 Blog (Mostly)

The University - MF0 Discord Server
Shades_Corvid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:06 pm

I like how you took inspiration from those frames from way back, nothing better to illustrate how important is to preserve the memories of our community! Hangar Police strikes again!

Those are all very good looking as well, nice work! In the future people will look back to this as well!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:59 pm

Thank you for the compliments. I would have to say that I've noticed this community not only has some amazing creativity and designs, but also a friendly standard of honor. People seem to be happy to share their ideas and what they've made to help Inspire others, I find that refreshing and admirable.

If someone were to ever be inspired by any of the simple designs I come up with, that would be an honor all too great.

Vitorfaria, I wanted to say that in addition to quite a bit of your other work, I personally like this frame:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/vf_builds ... 591730834/
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Postby KungFujiApple » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:52 am

Here is a breakdown of the leader frame (V293) for LDD construction. This frame is of similar design to the Exploratory frame from The Verge (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7712). However this is a little more basic, so I figured it would be easier to reconstruct. Please also note in the top comments that this frame design was inspired by mittenninja.

Sections:
image.jpeg

Shoulder and Cockpit:
image.jpeg

Legs and Torso:
image.jpeg
Last edited by KungFujiApple on Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Postby KungFujiApple » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:56 am

Pike:
image.jpeg

Shoulder and Torso Joint:
image.jpeg

If there is anything more that could help with the LDD please let me know. :)
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Postby Artasid » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:53 pm

I have added the LDD file for the V293 Darkstar to the Compilation of Frame Instructions 2017 version thread. I'll post it here as well for convenience. Please note that the LDD would not allow the placement of the trans blue round onto the technic peg on the end of the spike weapon, so it has been left to the side as a placement note. I apologize if this is an inconvenience.

V293 Darkstar Project
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Frame Designs