AT-07 Bandit

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

AT-07 Bandit

Postby Aardvark17 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:35 pm

This build channeled some Zerovirus/Valtarshol and I finally got around to using those cool Valtarshol hands.
Anyway, I think it turned out pretty cool.
The AT-07 "Bandit"
I feel that this one really nails that slightly hunched "I'm a darn cool mech and I know it" look. I achieved this by having a joint at the waist, similar to the Taguthi, but this one is meant to stay in this pose.

The orange color scheme came mostly from those ingots but I think the colors look awesome together. And this one is super stable for once! (Majakka)
I do love adding antenna thingies to the top, so as always, it's there.

I didn't have any systems built for this one, but I'm a sucker for swords so I threw this together.
d6Rh d6Rh Big Blue Sword of Slicing
d6Y Communications antenna
d6B Camouflage coloring and
d6G Quick feet (It ain't called Bandit for nothing!)

Again, quite proud of the overall look on this one. That cockpit style is really growing on me :)
Thoughts?
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Re: AT-07 Bandit

Postby Vitoria » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:41 pm

The cockpit is very nice indeed!

Great use of the 2x2 with ball, I feel like I need to experiment with those more.
VitorFaria (she/her)
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby Aardvark17 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:29 pm

VitorFaria wrote:The cockpit is very nice indeed!

Great use of the 2x2 with ball, I feel like I need to experiment with those more.

Thank you! This was one of the first times I myself used that 2x2 with ball, and I like how it turned out. I'll have to experiment some more too. :D

I made another Bandit! This variant has an astronaut vibe and is ready to play some Spaceball.
It's mostly the same build except a waist joint change to preserve 2x2s that have the ball on the long side and a vertical tooth plate instead of the other part because I didn't have one in white. The rest of the armor changes and stuff are also because of part constraints, but more out of aesthetic choice (You know me: If it's a white frame, it has tooth pieces!) :D

New Spaceball jumppack with one large thruster and two directional thrusters. (And a Spaceball racket of course. Sadly I only have one of that part and I needed to reuse it!)

This one's signature move module: A short-term HyperBoost!
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:40 pm

Hope you don't mind, but I made some Bandit's myself, in preparation for the upcoming "Spaceball" game. I was lacking on some pieces, so I made some substitutions particularly in the waist area. I currently do not have any rackets, so for the time being, they are loaded out with their freelance mercenary gear.

ImageBlack Bandit
B.B. d6Rd d6Rd Combat Rifle, d6B Riot Shield, d6Y Sonar, d6G Omnidirectional Jetpack

ImageGreen Bandit
G.B. d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Dual Hatchets, d6Y Sonar, d6G Omnidirectional Jetpack

ImageBandit backpack
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Aardvark17 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:54 pm

Artasid wrote:Hope you don't mind, but I made some Bandit's myself, in preparation for the upcoming "Spaceball" game. I was lacking on some pieces, so I made some substitutions particularly in the waist area. I currently do not have any rackets, so for the time being, they are loaded out with their freelance mercenary gear.

I love them, and I certainly don't mind! Those hatchets on the green one are awesome and I love the jetpack on the black one. I think they look great, and I actually only have one racket myself, guess we both need some more of those! :D
(Although I do wonder what you could do if you used the third ball joint on the Tri-ball piece on the hips and not as a connection point, maybe emulating the hips on the original Bandit...)
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby KungFujiApple » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:03 pm

The top bandit in orange is my favorite, it def has an awesome hunched "I'm bad" look to it. The blend of color is very nice and then when you add the big blue sword .... Superb! That sword is awesome. I am also a big fan of the hands style. I have used the same kind of hands on some of my other frames. And I really like how it gives it a curled "ready for action" look, goes really well with the "hunched" shoulders. Great job! :)
- KFA frame compilation
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Vitoria » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:07 pm

Felt fantastic building one of those!

Did the "ball with bar inside ball with pin" technique to make it somewhat more symmetrical, but other than that is pretty much the straight original build.

The proportions and the dynamic look feel amazing in person. Despite spending seven Mixel sockets it takes a very light part count, becoming a fairly approachable beginner frame, I would recommend it to everyone!

d6Rd d6Rd Plasma MG
d6Y Broadband Antenna
d6G Leg Mounted Verniers
d6B Reinforced Shoulder Plating
d6W d6W
d8Rr

ImageForest Bandit by Vitor Faria, no Flickr

ImageForest Bandit by Vitor Faria, no Flickr
VitorFaria (she/her)
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby Aardvark17 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:04 pm

Awwww yusssss! That's a really rad Bandit. The colors are great and I love all the systems and add-ons. Using that technique for the hips is interesting, might have to try that out! Looks like I'll be building Bandits again, as, I quote from the Discord "I wonder how Aardvark17 resists building a legion of those" XD
The knee boosters are dank, and that gun looks super slick. Then there's the shoulder armor, rocket pod, and long antenna that just add so more wow. I'm impressed, very cool frame.
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby Aardvark17 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:38 pm

New Bandit up in here. This one's got some cyberpunk Sonic the Hedgehog vibes.
Speedy spines channel the "gottagofast"

Me in the middle of taking pictures: "Oh crap! This doesn't have systems!"
5 minutes later:
Quick and easy systems for the win.
Loadout:
d6Y Comms antenna
d6B Removable shoulder Deflector shield
d6Rd d6Rd "Cardinal" FroggoTM Gun
d6G Rear-mounted Boosters
d6W It's a frame

Hope you guys like it :D
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby Vitoria » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:43 pm

It does have a Tron vibe, I like it!
VitorFaria (she/her)
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby -:subZ3RO:- » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:09 pm

Love the colours on this one
-:subZ3RO:-
Newcomer

Postby phayze81 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:37 pm

Hopping on the Bandit-Wagon!

ImageBandit Kai - Marauder Squadron by J Dennis, on Flickr

Fluff and my thoughts on the frame (spoiler: I love it!) are in the Flickr description.

Also, at Vitor's request, I snapped a decent shot of a naked Bandit for reference.

ImageAardvark17's Bandit (NSFW ver.) by J Dennis, on Flickr
phayze81
Talkative

Postby Aardvark17 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:31 pm

These are great. I love how in typical Phayze style you have no problem making each one unique yet somehow pull off a unified look no problem.
Also, great stuff on these! The systems all look awesome (ooh, a hook hand!) as well as the different armoring on each one.
Thanks for the praise on flickr. :)
That skeleton shot is also super useful, nice idea on Vitor's Part and great pic!
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby Vitoria » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:38 pm

Hook hand is best hand!
VitorFaria (she/her)
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby phayze81 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:38 pm

Aardvark17 wrote:These are great. I love how in typical Phayze style you have no problem making each one unique yet somehow pull off a unified look no problem.
Also, great stuff on these! The systems all look awesome (ooh, a hook hand!) as well as the different armoring on each one.
Thanks for the praise on flickr. :)
That skeleton shot is also super useful, nice idea on Vitor's Part and great pic!

Thanks, man! I know I said this on Flickr already, but I seriously am glad you like them. It's a great frame for custom fiddling, and I had loads of fun with it - using time that I had originally planned to spend on finishing the WIP I've been showing in Discord, I might add! Worth it. ;)

VitorFaria wrote:Hook hand is best hand!

:D It cost me dearly to get that hook from my son... I have no regrets!
phayze81
Talkative

Postby KungFujiApple » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:35 pm

Dude, I love it. I love it. I love it. Great frame, great design :D And looks awesome, way to get it by the way, that's true dedication :lol: But seriously looks awesome.
- KFA frame compilation
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:51 pm

VitorFaria wrote:The Ring Master setup and equipment would look really nice in a Bandit, might try that latter.

Per VitorFaria's suggestion, I made a Bandit and made it a boxer, like my previous random Ring Master

ImageBoxing Bandit
Boxing Bandit: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Armored Gloves, d8G No Ranged Weaponry.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Vitoria » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:19 am

Haha, Artasid, being faster than me since 11/17/2015! :lol:

It really worked really well, the dynamic looking Bandit style legs integrates nicely with the boxing theme!
VitorFaria (she/her)
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby Aardvark17 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:04 pm

Nice! Those shoulders look really cool, and they work really well with the "boxing glove" style fists. And man is that pose dynamic! :)
Really nice work, these would look great as a company.
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby KungFujiApple » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:37 am

That's a real fun design :) Reminds me of Real Steel. Love the pose too
- KFA frame compilation
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Frame Designs