Just some Random Frames

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Re: Just some Random Frames

Postby Artasid » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:01 am

I actually have a RL friend who is also a HUGE Tau player. In fact, he was the one who introduced me to 40K to begin with, though I still have no experience with the game itself. Another member of our group is heavy into the Tyranids but like me, he has not yet played the game. If I had to choose a race from 40K to play, I'd be interested in the Necros mainly because I'm interested in their lore. But I digress.
I'm glad you think the Battlesuit is close to the source material. I'll also include a pair of Tau Stealthsuits to accompany it.

ImageTau Stealthsuits with Battlesuit
Stealthsuits: d6Ra d6Ra Burst Cannon, d6Y Targeting Array, d6G Jetpack

It took me a few tries, but I think I got them close to scale with the Battlesuit. If I were to field the Stealths for a MFZ game, I would perhaps put them in at 4p scale with the Battlesuit at standard 7p.

Which actually poses an interesting question: could frames of different scales, like one that's 4p and another at 7p serve in the same company?
I would think it would be alright as long as the rest of the players agree, but I'd like some clarifications first if possible. Thank you in advance.

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I am eagerly awaiting any and all comments you wish to share.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby SamSam » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:57 am

they lok like baby comas airs without backpak
SamSam
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:59 am

Well, the Stealthsuits do look a little like the Commissar. Actually it was Trokodile's Super Conscript that gave me the idea to use that dual Arch pieces with the slopes to make the 'face'.

For those interested in bricking your own Tau BattleSuit or StealthSuit, I'll include an LDD file for you.

Tau BattleSuit LDD

Tau StealthSuit LDD

Let me know what you all think. I am eagerly awaiting any and all comments you wish to share.

EDIT: Trokodile corrected that it is his Super Conscript, not Super Commissar. Corrections made.
Last edited by Artasid on Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Trokodile » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:45 pm

Artasid wrote:Well, the Stealthsuits do look a little like the Commissar. Actually it was Trokodile's Super Commissar that gave me the idea to use that dual Arch pieces with the slopes to make the 'face'.

For those interested in bricking your own Tau BattleSuit or StealthSuit, I'll include an LDD file for you.

Tau BattleSuit LDD

Tau StealthSuit LDD

Let me know what you all think. I am eagerly awaiting any and all comments you wish to share.

Good to know that the Super Conscript actually was noticed! FYI, it's a tale on the Conscript, not Commissar, but I do have a frame built that looks reminiscent of the Commissar.
As of October 26, 2019, I have 19 frames photographed that I haven't put here yet. They, as well as all my photographs, can be found at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1f1dlHOhWX4s6nfTW1FWh4Uqhoc6usAIG
I stand with Twankus
Trokodile
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:50 pm

Trokodile wrote:Good to know that the Super Conscript actually was noticed! FYI, it's a tale on the Conscript, not Commissar, but I do have a frame built that looks reminiscent of the Commissar.

My apologies, I have made the correction. Thank you for pointing out that mistake.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby SamSam » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:54 pm

I has a question, it may been asked befor but Ill ask anyway
Aren't Conscrips and commas airs same mech? Other than backpack whats different?
SamSam
Been Around The Block

Postby Trokodile » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:01 pm

SamSam wrote:I has a question, it may been asked befor but Ill ask anyway
Aren't Conscrips and commas airs same mech? Other than backpack whats different?

They are virtually the same, but besides the backpack, there is a slight difference in the core, and the Commissar has a little bit longer limbs.
As of October 26, 2019, I have 19 frames photographed that I haven't put here yet. They, as well as all my photographs, can be found at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1f1dlHOhWX4s6nfTW1FWh4Uqhoc6usAIG
I stand with Twankus
Trokodile
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:58 pm

SamSam wrote:I has a question, it may been asked befor but Ill ask anyway

There is not much difference between a Conscript and a Commissar other than a few details, like the sensor domes on the back as you cited. From a lore story standpoint, the Commissar is an upgraded version of the Conscript, just like how an Osprey is a modded Chub meant for space combat. In fact, if you read the MFZ RA rulebook, on the Commissar, the bio reads:

Originally called the Conscript, the ST-02 (Commissar) was designed decades ago for combat logistics. However, with the advent of the modern ST-03 standard, the incompatible 02 quickly fell out of favor.

So in a sense, the Conscript and the Commissar are the same frame, but with different roles.

I have another Tau Empire Battlesuit to share, called the Stormsurger. It is not exact to the source material, but you can tell the inspiration is there. This one will be a fine new addition to my ever growing SandRippers company.

ImageStormsurge
Stormsurge: d6Ra d6Ra Mass Pulse Cannon, d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Cluster Rockets.

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I am eagerly awaiting any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Aardvark17 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:37 pm

This one looks really solid, Artasid! It gives me Bastion vibes but the Tau influence is also very clear
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby VitorFaria » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:51 pm

Gotta love that big brick as a cannon!
VitorFaria (she/her)
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:29 pm

Aardvark17 wrote:This one looks really solid, Artasid! It gives me Bastion vibes but the Tau influence is also very clear

Thanks Aardvark17, though it wasn't my intention to give it a Bastion look, but since you mentioned it, I can see it.

VitorFaria wrote:Gotta love that big brick as a cannon!

In all actuality, its really just a stack of 4 tan 2x1 bricks, though it may be difficult to tell from the angle.

This is just a random tablescrap I haphazardly threw together, but I hope others can get some inspiration from it.

ImageRandom Jarhead

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:21 pm

Some more random Travis Challenge Tablescraps for everyone!

ImageRuby Rizors
LEFT: d6Ra d6Ra Howitzer, d6Y Scanner, d6Y Antenna, d6B Arm Shield
RIGHT: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Cannons, d6Y Antenna, d8Rr SSR

Not much else to say other than I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Aardvark17 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:26 pm

I dig that gun on the left, always cool to see those technic parts used as barrels
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Screamer

Postby Trokodile » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:49 pm

Some of you may remember this design from around page 8...
I built it for my demo game, since it's pretty tough and its easily clear how to hold it.
I stand with Twankus
Trokodile
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:42 pm

Very nice Screamer there Trokodile with an interesting color choice. A long while back, the Ijad Screamers got their own thread here if you're interested in seeing some other variants, though I do regret they didn't get very much attention. :(

The SquidHeads are improving their designs, which now focuses more on survivability. The bulked armor not only improves protection, but also allows for more system hardpoints than that of the original design.

ImageSquidHead ShieldBarer
ShieldBarer: d6Rd d6Rd Swarmers, d6B d6B Multiple Defelector Plates, d6Y Multi-Eye Scanner

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I'm eagerly awaiting any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:39 pm

The Ravagers are rather vicious creatures, yet they hold strong family groups ideals that interested the Ijad. Always seen in groups of four or more, Ravagers migrate constantly to hunt and once the area is bereft of possible prey, the Ravagers would move on. Ijad have constructed frames in their likeness and like the lifeform itself, is covered with various spikes that act for both Defense as well as Attack. Unhindered by the weight of ranged weaponry and their ammo, the Ijadhi Ravager are fast strikers and accomplished ambushers.

ImageIjadhi Ravagers
Ijadhi Ravager (Adult white): d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Lot's of Spikes, d6B d6B Even More Spikes d8G No Ranged Weaponry (But plenty of spikes 8-) )
Baby: d6B Defensive Spikes, d8G No Ranged Weaponry
Chub for Size Comparison.

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby SamSam » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:51 pm

Smal black babie is bests. Where lld fo big whte one?
SamSam
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:20 am

The Ravagers are not that difficult to make so long as you have mixel ball joints, a few hollow studs and lots of spike parts, but here's an LDD file anyway for anyone interested.

LDD Ravager and Baby
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby KungFujiApple » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:45 am

Some really sweet builds this month. First, those Tau Stealthsuits and Stormsurger are really awesome! The Ruby Rizors are pretty cool, and I love that shoulder cannon design. The Squidhead design is great. And the Ravagers are pretty neat too. I agree with SamSam, love the baby one.
- KFA frame compilation
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:03 pm

The Heavy Scrambler was originally thought as propaganda against the weak willed enemies of the Ijad families. However, this claim is false and the Heavy Scrambler is in fact, a reality.
Though the Ijadhi are more commonly known for their fast attacks and ambush tactics, the role of the Heavy Scrambler seems to suggest a change in their normal strategies. It has been seen primarily attacking from long ranges and offering fire support to its brothers in combat, but this is by no means its only role.
Recent reports reveal that the Heavy Scrambler is also capable as an armored spotter, (or Watchtower as is the common term). It has also been used as a siege engine, rushing into fortified locations and quickly penetrating armored walls for its smaller brethren to invade.
Reports suggest that Heavy Scrambler operators are among the most veteran of Ijadhi soldiers and are to be considered a top priority threat.

ImageHeavy Scrambler With Attachments
Heavy Scrambler: d6Ra d6Ra Howitzer, d6B Heavy Armor, d6Y Scanner, d6Y Cannon Scope
ATTACHMENTS:
1: d6Y Tracking Beacon, d6Y Radar Scanner
2: d6Rh d6Rh Wall Piercing Piledriver, d6B Re-enforced plates

I hope you enjoyed and I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share, as always 8-)
Artasid
Old Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Frame Designs