Just some Random Frames

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Re: Just some Random Frames

Postby Artasid » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:42 am

After the failed Clan invasion into the Inner Sphere, several harsh realities made themselves known. For instance, at the time, the Clans did not have a mech specifically meant for electronic warfare, nor did they have any strictly recon units that could have mapped out the battlefield. The lack of this tactical advantage lost the Clans many a battle. Clan Jade Falcon attempted to rectify this oversight. They somehow obtained an Ostscout Battlemech and had it heavily redesigned to appeal to the Clans ideology. The resulting prototype was the Ostscout IIC

ImageBT Osctscout IIC
Ostscout IIC: d6Y Target Acquisition Gear (TAG), d6Y Active Beagle Probe, d6G Partial Wing, d6G Jump Jets, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

Dispite the fact that the unit had exceptional speed and maneuverability, it was the sheer fact that it was completely unarmed that ended the Ostscout IIC project from being mass produced by the Clans. Clan warriors refused to pilot a mech that was not able to deal damage to the enemy.
Yet, among many of the Inner Sphere Houses, this mech has proven itself as a masterful spotter and recon unit for those willing to risk piloting an unarmed mech.

As a bonus, here's an LDD file for anyone interested in bricking their own
Ostscout IIC LDD

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I am eagerly awaiting any and all comments you wish to share.
Last edited by Artasid on Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Trokodile » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:46 am

Nice design! I love how the claw pieces are used to hold the feet, but it looks as if its purpose is detailing!
As of October 26, 2019, I have 19 frames photographed that I haven't put here yet. They, as well as all my photographs, can be found at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1f1dlHOhWX4s6nfTW1FWh4Uqhoc6usAIG
I stand with Twankus
Trokodile
Been Around The Block

Postby SamSam » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:14 pm

I has question. this real mech or you make up? not seen this before but story sound like ti true.
SamSam
Been Around The Block

Postby Trokodile » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:18 pm

SamSam wrote:I has question. this real mech or you make up? not seen this before but story sound like ti true.

I'm a bit familiar with the Battlemech/Mechwarrior universe, enough so that I have a Locust in Mechwarrior Online, but not much. I do have a feeling that this is real, though. (Especially because I found it on Google)
As of October 26, 2019, I have 19 frames photographed that I haven't put here yet. They, as well as all my photographs, can be found at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1f1dlHOhWX4s6nfTW1FWh4Uqhoc6usAIG
I stand with Twankus
Trokodile
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:25 pm

Trokodile wrote:Nice design! I love how the claw pieces are used to hold the feet, but it looks as if its purpose is detailing!

The robo claws are meant more for detail. I was trying to imply the hydraulic look from the source material. It's hard to tell in this pic but the actual feet are padlocks

SamSam wrote:I has question. this real mech or you make up? not seen this before but story sound like ti true.

This is an actual BattleMech. I happened upon it while I was doing research on the OST series BattleMechs. It was not well received by the Clans that constructed it and decided not to mass produce them so they are a bit of a hidden gem. Here's the Link I discovered it at

Trokodile wrote:I'm a bit familiar with the Battlemech/Mechwarrior universe, enough so that I have a Locust in Mechwarrior Online, but not much...

YAYNESS!!! Another MWO player! I play MWO too. You can add me as a friend if you'd like. Pilot name Artasid
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Trokodile » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:24 pm

Artasid wrote:YAYNESS!!! Another MWO player! I play MWO too. You can add me as a friend if you'd like. Pilot name Artasid

I pretty much suck at it, but okay. I think I have another Mech or two as well, but only Lights. Too slow of a progression system for me... (I've now sent a friend request)
Spoiler: show
If you don't mind, I would suggest this f2p game called Robocraft. Imagine a combo of Minecraft, MWO, and a 3ps. That's Robocraft. Picture FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE robots battling in maps that are a bit too small. And I don't mean fully customizable like you can change colors, equipment, and stuff like that, but I mean FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE like the MF0 way. It's supposed to die once the player count goes really low, but since the developers gave up last month, its playercount has grown substantially. It's easy enough to learn and to get stuff.
I stand with Twankus
Trokodile
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:27 pm

Trokodile wrote:I pretty much suck at it, but okay. I think I have another Mech or two as well, but only Lights. Too slow of a progression system for me... (I've now sent a friend request)

Hey no worries. Like everything else in life, we all had to start somewhere. In all honesty, I've been playing MWO for years and I still have a higher death rate verses kills. I've lost more matches than wins. Heck, 8-10 times I'm usually one of the first 3 mechs to get taken out. lol
But I don't play to win, I'm not like those snobs who rage quit after they get hit once. I play for FUN, which is the whole point. Win OR lose.

Do you have to make deliveries but can't do it yourself? Do you need tools for various needs? Then what you need is a LADS!
ImageLADS-C model

These Load And Delivery Support (Civilian model) frames will fill the need for deliveries, transport, labor or just simple companionship. These versitile beauties come in many varieties, as well as load capasity. In fact, they even make great last-minute combat units (Armed-model):
ImageLADS-A model
LEFT TO RIGHT
1: d6Rd d6Rd Cannon, d6Y Antenna, d6G Underside Thruster
2: d6Y d6Y Dual Searchlights, d6G Underside Thruster, d8G No Ranged Weaponry
3: d6B d6B Dual Deflection Plates, d6G Underside Thruster, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

These are cheap, realiable and versatile. Visit your local Frame Depot to find yours today!

FYI These are based off Paul Evan's Grey Funecha MOD build.
I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Last edited by Artasid on Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Trokodile » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:44 pm

How do you make the core of those LADS frames? I don't see how the head/eye/cockpit attaches to the body.
I stand with Twankus
Trokodile
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:44 pm

Trokodile wrote:How do you make the core of those LADS frames? I don't see how the head/eye/cockpit attaches to the body.

They're SUPPOSTED to attach?!? :shock: :shock: :shock: What is this madness you speak of?!

:lol: :lol:
Just kidding. Here's a partial breakdown to show you how it goes together.

ImageLADS Partial Breakdown
ImageLADS core side view

As a bonus, I'll even include an LDD of the 4 differnat types (minus system attachments so you can make your own)
LADS LDD

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more assistance.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby SamSam » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:08 am

make mailbox one next. call it maps mail and post serveis. boulder on be interesting too. make that as well
SamSam
Been Around The Block

Postby Trokodile » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:11 am

Artasid wrote:
Trokodile wrote:How do you make the core of those LADS frames? I don't see how the head/eye/cockpit attaches to the body.

They're SUPPOSTED to attach?!? :shock: :shock: :shock: What is this madness you speak of?!

Just kidding. Here's a partial breakdown to show you how it goes together.

ImageLADS Partial Breakdown
ImageLADS core side view

As a bonus, I'll even include an LDD of the 4 differnat types (minus system attachments so you can make your own)
LADS LDD

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more assistance.

Thanks! I thought the part that attached the front was a 99206 with a cheese slope :lol:
I stand with Twankus
Trokodile
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:54 pm

I play games. Lots of games. LOTS AND LOTS OF GAMES!!!
Anyway, a long time ago, VitorFaria spoke of a game that I took interest in: War Robots. In a way, it's kinda like MFZ:RA and MechWarrior had a baby. Its a mech game where you and a team of fellow players try to take and hold stations called Beacons while at the same time, fighting off the opposing team and their attempts to claim beacons.
When I first played this game, I was immediately interested in some of the mech designs, in fact, my first War Robot build, a Schultze, even got included in VitorFarias Compilation of Frame Instructions 2017 version (Go check out this collection if you haven't already!)

The reason why I bring this up s because I very recently started replaying War Robots as a bit of a distraction from my normal routine, and once again, I was drawn by the mech design, plus a lot has changed since I last played (Over a year ago). New mechs, weapons, maps. I was overwhelmed. But not enough to keep me from trying to recreats some of the mechs for MFZ play:
ImageWar Robots Trio
LEFT TO RIGHT:
Cossack: d6Rd d6Rd Molot-T Twin Cannon, d6G Jump Engines, d6G Partial Wing
Destrier: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Punisher Autocannons
Schultze: d6Ra d6Ra Nashorn Artillery Cannon, d6B Armor Plating.

Now I am aware that these are not exact, but I think they capture the overall design of their source materials.
I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby SamSam » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:04 am

Not plyed war robots. but like those mechs. blue one look like baby madkat!. can you give building instrux pleaz?
I've seen that schutze one before but alwya thought it looked to big. White one I think is better for size
SamSam
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:36 pm

SamSam wrote:... can you give building instrux pleaz?

Here's an LDD file for you. Please Note that the hip connections for the Destrier and the Schultze are considered illegal, so I had to leave the legs separate, floating near where they should go. The wheel axle fits nicely into the Travis bricks in real life

WR Trio LDD

I hope this helps and let me know if you need further assistance.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Trokodile » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:09 am

I like your version of the Destrier. I've got a level 11 core Destrier with two level 7 Gekko weapons on it.
I main a level 7 Gepard with two level 6 Noricum and one level 7 Noricum, however.
Nice job, though, I recognized them as soon as I saw the names.
I stand with Twankus
Trokodile
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:17 am

The prototype for the Blade Dancer was originally meant as a racing frame for the rooftop racing circuit. However, Solar Union officials somehow became aware of the plans and realized its combat potential and were swift to have the frame redesigned as a fast combat frame. The Blade Dancer was the result of that redesign

ImageBlade Dancer
Blade Dancer: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Dual Anti-Armor Sabers, d6Y Targeting Scope, d6G Wheeled Heel Accelerators, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

This frame has yet to be field tested, but the higher ranks feel confident in its performance.

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I am eagerly awaiting any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:18 pm

Not much to say this time only that I've been doing a bunch of random builds.

ImageSome Randoms
LEFT TO RIGHT
Yellow Baby Jerboa: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Blasters, d6Y Antenna
White Baby Jerboa: d6Ra d6Ra Long Range Autocannon, d6B Side Shield, d6G Jump Jets
Dk Blue Anti-Frame Fighter Ace: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Rocket Tubes, d6G Afterburners
Tan Schultze: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual LRMS, d6B Armor Plates
Red Baby Scorpion: d6Ra d6Ra ER PPC, d6Rh d6Rh SRM Pod, d6G Quad Mobility

Artasid
Old Guard

Postby SamSam » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:02 pm

I wanna baby jerboa. giveme giveme nows pleaze
SamSam
Been Around The Block

Postby ChronosVulcan » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:15 pm

Artasid wrote:Not much to say this time only that I've been doing a bunch of random builds.

ImageSome Randoms
LEFT TO RIGHT
Yellow Baby Jerboa: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Blasters, d6Y Antenna
White Baby Jerboa: d6Ra d6Ra Long Range Autocannon, d6B Side Shield, d6G Jump Jets
Dk Blue Anti-Frame Fighter Ace: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Rocket Tubes, d6G Afterburners
Tan Schultze: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual LRMS, d6B Armor Plates
Red Baby Scorpion: d6Ra d6Ra ER PPC, d6Rh d6Rh SRM Pod, d6G Quad Mobility

I like the baby scorpion. The others look great too. Is the Tan Schultze a catapult or just random lrm boat?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
ChronosVulcan
Newcomer

Postby Artasid » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:59 pm

SamSam wrote:I wanna baby jerboa. giveme giveme nows pleaze

Sorry. if you want one, you may have to build your own. lol :lol:

ChronosVulcan wrote:I like the baby scorpion. The others look great too. Is the Tan Schultze a catapult or just random lrm boat?

I got the baby Scorpion idea from your Scorpion build. I remember you posting a statement that you tried to make a smaller one but it didn't look right, so I decided to try and make one.
As for the Schultze, it is not a Catapult. The Schultze is an actual mech from the game War Robots. It generally has a sniper rifle on the top, but I customized it to provide long range artillery support.

However, if you are interested in BattleTech/MechWarrior builds, I do have a few albums that have most of the battlemech's I've bricked over the years

Album 1
Album 2 WiP

Feel free to take a look and get ideas and inspiration from them.
Artasid
Old Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Frame Designs