[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mobile Frame Hangar • View topic - Just some Random Frames

Just some Random Frames

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Re: Just some Random Frames

Postby Artasid » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:42 am

After the failed Clan invasion into the Inner Sphere, several harsh realities made themselves known. For instance, at the time, the Clans did not have a mech specifically meant for electronic warfare, nor did they have any strictly recon units that could have mapped out the battlefield. The lack of this tactical advantage lost the Clans many a battle. Clan Jade Falcon attempted to rectify this oversight. They somehow obtained an Ostscout Battlemech and had it heavily redesigned to appeal to the Clans ideology. The resulting prototype was the Ostscout IIC

Ostscout IIC: d6Y Target Acquisition Gear (TAG), d6Y Active Beagle Probe, d6G Partial Wing, d6G Jump Jets, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

Dispite the fact that the unit had exceptional speed and maneuverability, it was the sheer fact that it was completely unarmed that ended the Ostscout IIC project from being mass produced by the Clans. Clan warriors refused to pilot a mech that was not able to deal damage to the enemy.
Yet, among many of the Inner Sphere Houses, this mech has proven itself as a masterful spotter and recon unit for those willing to risk piloting an unarmed mech.

As a bonus, here's an LDD file for anyone interested in bricking their own

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I am eagerly awaiting any and all comments you wish to share.
Last edited by Artasid on Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Trokodile174 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:46 am

Nice design! I love how the claw pieces are used to hold the feet, but it looks as if its purpose is detailing!
Check out for extra pics, building instructions, and more!

Maker of , the Battle Royale MF0 fan game
Trokodile174
Been Around The Block

Postby SamSam » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:14 pm

I has question. this real mech or you make up? not seen this before but story sound like ti true.
SamSam
Been Around The Block

Postby Trokodile174 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:18 pm

Trokodile174
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:25 pm

Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Trokodile174 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:24 pm

Trokodile174
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:27 pm

Last edited by Artasid on Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Trokodile174 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:44 pm

How do you make the core of those LADS frames? I don't see how the head/eye/cockpit attaches to the body.

Trokodile174
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:44 pm

Artasid
Old Guard

Postby SamSam » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:08 am

make mailbox one next. call it maps mail and post serveis. boulder on be interesting too. make that as well
SamSam
Been Around The Block

Postby Trokodile174 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:11 am

Trokodile174
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:54 pm

I play games. Lots of games. LOTS AND LOTS OF GAMES!!!
:lol: :lol:
Anyway, a long time ago, VitorFaria spoke of a game that I took interest in: War Robots. In a way, it's kinda like MFZ:RA and MechWarrior had a baby. Its a mech game where you and a team of fellow players try to take and hold stations called Beacons while at the same time, fighting off the opposing team and their attempts to claim beacons.
When I first played this game, I was immediately interested in some of the mech designs, in fact, my first War Robot build, a Schultze, even got included in VitorFarias (Go check out this collection if you haven't already!)

The reason why I bring this up s because I very recently started replaying War Robots as a bit of a distraction from my normal routine, and once again, I was drawn by the mech design, plus a lot has changed since I last played (Over a year ago). New mechs, weapons, maps. I was overwhelmed. But not enough to keep me from trying to recreats some of the mechs for MFZ play:

LEFT TO RIGHT:
Cossack: d6Rd d6Rd Molot-T Twin Cannon, d6G Jump Engines, d6G Partial Wing
Destrier: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Punisher Autocannons
Schultze: d6Ra d6Ra Nashorn Artillery Cannon, d6B Armor Plating.

Now I am aware that these are not exact, but I think they capture the overall design of their source materials.
I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby SamSam » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:04 am

Not plyed war robots. but like those mechs. blue one look like baby madkat!. can you give building instrux pleaz?
I've seen that schutze one before but alwya thought it looked to big. White one I think is better for size
SamSam
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:36 pm

Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Trokodile174 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:09 am

I like your version of the Destrier. I've got a level 11 core Destrier with two level 7 Gekko weapons on it.
I main a level 7 Gepard with two level 6 Noricum and one level 7 Noricum, however.
Nice job, though, I recognized them as soon as I saw the names.

Trokodile174
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:17 am

The prototype for the Blade Dancer was originally meant as a racing frame for the rooftop racing circuit. However, Solar Union officials somehow became aware of the plans and realized its combat potential and were swift to have the frame redesigned as a fast combat frame. The Blade Dancer was the result of that redesign

Blade Dancer: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Dual Anti-Armor Sabers, d6Y Targeting Scope, d6G Wheeled Heel Accelerators, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

This frame has yet to be field tested, but the higher ranks feel confident in its performance.

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I am eagerly awaiting any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:18 pm

Not much to say this time only that I've been doing a bunch of random builds.

LEFT TO RIGHT
Yellow Baby Jerboa: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Blasters, d6Y Antenna
White Baby Jerboa: d6Ra d6Ra Long Range Autocannon, d6B Side Shield, d6G Jump Jets
Dk Blue Anti-Frame Fighter Ace: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Rocket Tubes, d6G Afterburners
Tan Schultze: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual LRMS, d6B Armor Plates
Red Baby Scorpion: d6Ra d6Ra ER PPC, d6Rh d6Rh SRM Pod, d6G Quad Mobility

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby SamSam » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:02 pm

I wanna baby jerboa. giveme giveme nows pleaze
SamSam
Been Around The Block

Postby ChronosVulcan » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:15 pm

ChronosVulcan
Newcomer

Postby Artasid » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:59 pm

Artasid
Old Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Frame Designs