Just some Random Frames

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Re: Just some Random Frames

Postby SamSam » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:54 am

chub hunckmack is best hunchback. I like the wheel legs give detail. does wheels fit over piece normally or were they stretched to fit?
SamSam
Talkative

Postby Artasid » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:13 pm

SamSam wrote:chub hunckmack is best hunchback. I like the wheel legs give detail. does wheels fit over piece normally or were they stretched to fit?

The rubber wheels fit nicely over the rounds without stretching or breaking them.

I play MechWarrior Online, as some, if not most of you already know. Normally, I prefer Light fast Striker mechs when I get into a match, Fleas, Jenners, Locusts ect. However, I do have 1 medium mech I am proud of (in fact, its the ONLY medium mech I currently own in my mechbays) It's a Hunchback, and my recent chub build of one inspired me to remake my custom Hunchback that I use in MWO. Nicknamed LongBomb as I customized it to be a long range harasser unit.

ImageMWO Custom Hunchback
LongBomb: d6Ra d6Ra LRM 10, d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd 3 Medium Lasers, d6Y UAV Drone.

In game, it is NOT perfect in the slightest, but it is one that I thoroughly enjoy using in the rare times I feel like using something other than a Light mech. If requested, I can give you the ingame specs. Again, it won't win many matches, but it has given the hurt to many opponents.
Only now I can do the same in MFZ Bwahahahahahaha :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby SamSam » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:09 am

You give specs! give em now!
I joke
I don play mwo but I have feelings someone might want to lknow.
SamSam
Talkative

Postby Mantisking » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:05 am

I know they're just Chub variants but, I really like those Hunchbacks.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:45 am

Mantisking wrote:I know they're just Chub variants but, I really like those Hunchbacks.

:shock: Wow,,, just... wow. :shock:
It is a true honor to receive praise from you MantisKing. Truly, and thank you.

For you, and anyone else interested, here is an LDD file that includes the chub Hunchback, an additional AC/20 upgrade to make it a IIC, and the LongBomb build as well.
PLEASE NOTE! That the rubber tires on the rounds are not concidered legal attachments in the LDD, so I have left them floating near where they go. They are an option to use, but I think it gives the legs the rugged cycltical detail known in the original Hunchback design. Also please note that for the LRM 10 on LongBomb has been replaced by a standard 2x1 plate and 2 hollow round stubs because LDD STILL does not include a 2x1 rounded plate.

Chub Hunchbacks

SamSam wrote:You give specs! give em now!
I joke
I don play mwo but I have feelings someone might want to lknow.

Okie dokie, since you asked so nicely.

LongBomb MWO
HBK-4J
ARMOR Standard
HEAT SINKS Double
STRUCTURE Endo-Steel
MISSLE GUIDANCE Standard

RT ARM 24

RT TORSO 55 / 6
2 LRM 10
CASE
4 LRM Ammo
2 Medium Lasers

HEAD 18
Medium Laser

CENTER TORSO 53 / 10
Beagle Active Probe
STD Engine 200

LT TORSO 40 / 8
2 Double Heat Sinks

LT ARM 24

LT and RT LEG 48
2 LRM Ammo each

Again, this is not a perfect build but it's a fun one. As an fyi with all the LRM Ammo, it comes to a total of 2484 missiles. After reviewing this in MWO, I realized that the chub variant I bricked earlier should have d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra for the 2 LRM 10s, however at the moment, I have no way of visually displaying 2 launchers.

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I am eagerly awaiting any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:49 am

The Sankyaku (Japanese for Tripod) is a newly discovered Ijad frame design. It was first spotted on a mountain ridge overlooking the Free Colonist outpost Larns 58 on the planet Fezador.

ImageIjad Sankyaku
Sankyaku: d6Ra d6Ra Stinger Swarmers, d6B Plasma Deflectors, d6Y Searchlight, d6G Tripod Mobility

The full extent of this frame's capabilities are unknown until we are able to study it further. It should also be noted, that though this one was found surprising close to a human settlement (well within artillery range) and in a opportune location to rain destruction on the populace, this one showed passive behavior as though the outpost was not its target. Ijad are strange creatures indeed, but the discovery of such a new frame so close to human territories has the public in heighten anxiety.

As a bonus, here is an LDD file for anyone interested in bricking their own.
Sankyaku LDD

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Trokodile » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:35 am

That tripod has "a nice touch" to it. :lol:
Great Frames as always!
As of October 26, 2019, I have 19 frames photographed that I haven't put here yet. They, as well as all my photographs, can be found at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1f1dlHOhWX4s6nfTW1FWh4Uqhoc6usAIG
I stand with Twankus
Trokodile
Been Around The Block

Postby SamSam » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:54 pm

Thanxs for Hunchback lld and custom spec stuff. if I ever play mechonline ill build one. lots of missile.s

I have question. I like Tripod build, but can make one with railgun or long cannon artery? I just wanna see how it looks thanx
SamSam
Talkative

Postby Artasid » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:08 am

Trokodile wrote:That tripod has "a nice touch" to it. :lol:
Great Frames as always!

Thank you Trokodile. I recently saw your Thunderpod design and I thought to myself that I should do another tripod frame. I've done several in the past, and I feel that tripod designs have a sort of charm that should be more commonplace.

SamSam wrote:Thanxs for Hunchback lld and custom spec stuff. if I ever play mechonline ill build one. lots of missile.s

You are welcome, and I hope to see you in MWO soon. And yes you are encourage to try out LongBomb and feel free to make your own changes.

SamSam wrote:I have question. I like Tripod build, but can make one with railgun or long cannon artery? I just wanna see how it looks thanx

Railgun OR Cannon? Why not both?

ImageSankyaku FS
Fire Support: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Railgun & Mortar Artillery, d6Y Scanning Beacon, d6G Tripod Mobility

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby KungFujiApple » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:54 am

Really diggin that cannon design
- KFA frame compilation
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:34 am

Keeping up with my Chub design Battlemechs, I have now bricked the god of thunder and lighting himself. The proud and mighty THOR!! (Aka Summoner)

ImageBT Thor
Thor/Summoner: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra LRM 15 & ER PPC, d6Rd d6Rd LB-10X Autocannon, d6G Jump Jets

Though the central core is essentially the same as the Hunchbacks and Commandos of the past, the way I attached the head and the shoulder LRM are a bit different. I'm still experimenting with this particular build design and I have to say so far I very much approve.

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I am eagerly awaiting any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:07 am

This next Chub based BattleMech is one that I am rather proud of how well it turned out. I figured because of the mech's design it would be difficult to replicate, but I realized it wasn't as difficult that I made myself initially believe. The BattleMech in question is the Light class Spider

ImageBT Spider
Spider: d6Rd d6Rd Medium Laser, d6G d6G Multiple Jump Jet Hard Points.

LDD File for anyone interested in bricking their own
Spider LDD
This one does have a few misplaced color parts due to the fact that I'm still waiting on my latest bricklink order and my color choices are limited. However, once I replace the 2 on this build I do intend to include this Spider into my growing SandRippers company.

Artasid
Old Guard

Postby SamSam » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:10 am

I like thor but not sold in its amrs. looks a bit weird, maybe try without square travs shoulders?
I really like the spider one. looks like it mean buisnes.
SamSam
Talkative

Postby spacemonkey » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:29 am

That Spider is pretty sweet, Artasid!
spacemonkey
Grizzled Veteran

Postby KungFujiApple » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:54 am

Yeah I love that spider design, it just comes together so well. :)
- KFA frame compilation
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:51 am

SamSam wrote:I like thor but not sold in its amrs. looks a bit weird, maybe try without square travs shoulders?

Yes I admit that the Thor did not turn out as well as I had hoped, but its all trial and error at this point.

SamSam wrote:...
I really like the spider one. looks like it mean buisnes.

spacemonkey wrote:That Spider is pretty sweet, Artasid!

KungFujiApple wrote:Yeah I love that spider design, it just comes together so well. :)

Thanks everyone. As I stated earlier I am glad it turned out as well as it had. I even bricked 2 more for my recent White Knuckles Company (All BattleMech designs)

Before I get to this next BattleTech/MechWarrior frame design, there's a little story I need to tell you first.
I used to be a heavy player of the tabletop miniatures classic BattleTech games, the one where the miniatures are pewter and you have to paint/glue them yourself. However, as I grew older, that variant of the game died out and for awhile, I only had MechWarrior 1, 2, 3 and MechCommander PC games to sustain my BattleTech/MechWarrior fix.
One day, I went to one of our local hobby shops (called Merlyn's) to attend a FNM tournament, (That's Friday Night Magic: The Gathering for those who don't know) and while browsing the store, I happened upon the WizKids MechWarrior Dark Age Miniatures game products. Needless to say my interest was immediately piqued! They didn't have the starter at the time, so instead I bought 1 of the booster blister packs (which included 1 mech, 1 vehicle, and 2 infantry) in order to get a feel for the game and to get a sort of 'Preview' to what the game had to offer. The first mech I ever got for the WizKids MechWarrior Dark Age game is what I will show to you now:

The AgroMech
ImageAgroMech
AgroMech: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Hoist Claw & Rotory Saw, d6G Combustion Engine, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

This was a mech design I had never seen before and to be honest, it kinda was a bit of a disappointment. I was expecting a more common mech, like a Firestarter, or Commando. However, my attitude towards the AgroMech changed when I participated in a custom MechWarrior tournament. I forget what it was called but each player used 1 mech of a certain point value and we had a free-for-all. My AgroMech got me 2nd place which surprised the HELL out of me and some of the other players. To this day I still have that very miniature. Elite Swordsworn for anyone interest in knowing the particulars.
I felt it was time to try to recreate the Mech for MFZ and though it is not exact, I am very proud of it.

Artasid
Old Guard

Postby SamSam » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:41 am

that argo look neat. like how you use glass dome thing for cockpit
SamSam
Talkative

Postby Artasid » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:23 pm

In the BattleTech/MechWarrior universe, there are a series of Mechs called the 'OST' series. This includes the Ostscout, the Ostsol, Ostroc, and Ostwar. These Mechs are built by the same manufacture called Ostmann Industries. These mechs all share in the same lineage of "WalkerPods" mechs.
I have recently bricked an Ostscout and had it added to my White Knuckles Battlegroup, but I decided it would be interesting to try to construct one of each of the OST series of mechs.

I have not yet constructed them in brick, but I have created an LDD file that includes all 4 for anyone interested in bricking their own,

ImageBT Ost-Series BattleMechs
LEFT TO RIGHT
Ostwar (Black): d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual LRMs, d6Rd d6Rd Medium Laser
Ostscout (White): d6Rd d6Rd Medium Laser, d6Y Target Tracking Array, d6Y Barret 4000 Comm System, d6G Jump Jets,
Ostsol (Grey): d6Ra d6Ra Large Lasers, d6Rd d6Rd Medium Lasers, d6B Rear Defense Lasers, d6Y Barret 4000 Comm System
Ostroc (Tan): d6Rh d6Rh SRM Pod, d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Medium Lasers, d6Y Barret 4000 Comm System

OST Series BattleMechs LDD

I am in the process of bricking them and I will post pics of them once they are complete.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Aardvark17 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:14 am

This is a great group!
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 am

Aardvark17 wrote:This is a great group!

Thanks Aardvark17. I'm glad you like them. Here they are fully built in real life brick. Sorry it too so long to post

ImageOST Series BattleMechs

Same layout and systems loudout in the previous post. (Although there are some slight differences between the brick and the render, but they are minor.)
Artasid
Old Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Frame Designs