Just some Random Frames

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Re: Just some Random Frames

Postby VitorFaria » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:44 pm

I'll never get what the Battletech guys were thinking when they first designed the Jenner, but I'm glad they did, this looks great!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby SamSam » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:21 pm

Tht dosent look like a Jenner 2c. Head is all wrong. Suppos to look like Star Trek Enterprise, not squirl cheeks
SamSam
Chatty

Postby CmdrRook » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:43 am

SamSam wrote:Tht dosent look like a Jenner 2c. Head is all wrong. Suppos to look like Star Trek Enterprise, not squirl cheeks

Inspiration lends to design, but doesn't dictate it. I can see the influence, and enjoy the final result.
CmdrRook
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:33 pm

VitorFaria wrote:I'll never get what the Battletech guys were thinking when they first designed the Jenner, but I'm glad they did, this looks great!

CmdrRook wrote:Inspiration lends to design, but doesn't dictate it. I can see the influence, and enjoy the final result.

Thanks you 2. I've been on a BattleTech binge lately and now I've been trying to make some of the more famous mechs for Mobile Frame play.

SamSam wrote:Tht dosent look like a Jenner 2c. Head is all wrong. Suppos to look like Star Trek Enterprise, not squirl cheeks

Yes there were some changes but I did state that the frame was inspired by the Battletech Jenner IIc, it was never meant to be an exact copy. Honestly I don't really like the original design of the cockpit, so I decided to make a variation of my own. However, just for you SamSam, I searched online and found that someone named Alex Saar (saarstar15) made a Jenner frame nearly exactly like the original

ImageFast Mover by Alex Saar, on Flickr

Using this photo, I attempted to make some similar Jenners, but also added a few modifications of my own mainly due to parts restrictions. Plus there were some connections he made that I am not certain how he did them.

ImageJenners with Chub

Hope you enjoyed. 8-)
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby KungFujiApple » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:09 am

Really liking these. Is it a chub, is it a chicken walker?, nope it's a rocking combo of the two. ;)
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:27 pm

Decided to make some more BattleTech/MechWarrior inspired frames. They are not exact copies, but I tried to make them as close as possible.

ImageA few BattleTech Frames
LEFT TO RIGHT
Hunchback: d6Rh d6Rh Ultra Autocannon, d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Medium Lasers, d6G Jump Jets
Uller: d6Rd d6Rd Small Lasers, d6Ra d6Ra LB Autocannon, d6B Arm Plating, d6B Anti-Missile System
Jenner: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Lasers, d6Rh d6Rh SRM4, d6G Jump Jets

Also, I made it so that if you so choose, you can easily turn the Hunchback into the Clan version, Hunchback IIc

ImageHunchback IIc
Hunchback IIc: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Dual Ultra Autocannons, d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Medium Lasers

You may think it's strange that the Ultra Autocannon is labled as a d6Rh system, but that is primarily (As far as I'm familiar with) The Ultra Autocannon is a devastating close range weapon. I do plan to make more BattleTech themed frames, so stay tuned 8-)

Hope you enjoyed and I eagerly await any and all comments.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:33 pm

Most interesting, I tried doing Hunchback homages before, but I never managed to make it look right, excellent work on those!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:30 pm

Ahhhhh MechWarrrior, now that takes me back... Really like that you build some frames that resemble that style. And they turned out pretty nice :) . Do you think you might make an entire unit in "MechWarrior" fashion?
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:19 pm

CmdrRook wrote:Inspiration lends to design, but doesn't dictate it. I can see the influence, and enjoy the final result.

KungFujiApple wrote:Really liking these. Is it a chub, is it a chicken walker?, nope it's a rocking combo of the two. ;)

VitorFaria wrote:Most interesting, I tried doing Hunchback homages before, but I never managed to make it look right, excellent work on those!

KungFujiApple wrote:Ahhhhh MechWarrrior, now that takes me back... Really like that you build some frames that resemble that style. And they turned out pretty nice :)

Thank you all. I admit I was a heavy BattleTech/MechWarrior player before I discovered Mobile Frame Zero. Although I'm still a Mech jocky at heart, I find MFZ more enjoyable mostly because the whole customizing your frames and its systems are a lot less complicated than the tabletop of Battletech. (All those technical readouts, weapon sheets, game notes ect... it can be overwhelming at times.)

KungFujiApple wrote:Do you think you might make an entire unit in "MechWarrior" fashion?

:?: I thought I did with my Black Jenner Star Company, but ah well, I can make more I suppose.
Speaking of which, here's a new one. Based off the Second-Line Clan Battlemech the Baboon (AKA Howler in Clan terms)

ImageBaboon
Baboon: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual LRM's, d6Y Searchlight, d6G Jump Jets.

Hope you enjoyed and I eagerly await any and all comments, questions, insults or suggestions you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby firechicken23 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:18 am

I ADORE the way those arms are built. the shoulders are genius.
firechicken23
Newcomer

Postby Mantisking » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:15 am

Artasid wrote:ImageDesarmar Plow
Plow: d6Rh d6Rh Rear Flamer, d6B Snow Plow, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

With the huge amount of snow we're getting in our area, I thought how cool it would be to have a frame walk by with a snow plow on the front to clear the white stuff away from the roads. I figured a Desarmar would do nicely. Even added a rear flamer to melt off any excess ice the plow couldn't scrape up.

I know I'm late to the party on this one but, I'd like to chime in on the plow. What I like is the mounts, they look like real world hydraulic snow plow mounts. Nice job.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:17 pm

Mantisking wrote:
Artasid wrote:ImageDesarmar Plow
Plow: d6Rh d6Rh Rear Flamer, d6B Snow Plow, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

With the huge amount of snow we're getting in our area, I thought how cool it would be to have a frame walk by with a snow plow on the front to clear the white stuff away from the roads. I figured a Desarmar would do nicely. Even added a rear flamer to melt off any excess ice the plow couldn't scrape up.

I know I'm late to the party on this one but, I'd like to chime in on the plow. What I like is the mounts, they look like real world hydraulic snow plow mounts. Nice job.

Thank you Mantisking. I was trying to go for an industrial look with the snowplow and your praise confirms it. Again, thank you.

Still working on Battletech based frames here. Introducing the Jagermech
ImageJagermech with Chub
Jagermech: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual AC5 Autocannons, d6B d6B Lots of heavy plating

This 65 ton Heavy Mech is ready and rearing to go. It is anxious to take some names, and kick some frames! lol
Hope you enjoyed
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:39 pm

That's a killer Jaegermech, Artasid, nice work!
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:01 pm

A few new randoms for you

This one is based off the BattleTech/MechWarrior mech Catapult. It was also a good chance to use a LEGO piece that I think deserves more attention

ImageCatapult
Catapult: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual LRM's, d6Rd d6Rd Medium Lasers, d6B Armor Plates

These next pair are not based off any Battletech mech that I am aware of. I just felt the need to try something different. I currently do not have a name for these guys so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

ImagePair of Randoms
YELLOW: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Arm Cannons, d6Ra d6Ra Mortar, d6Y Antenna
BROWN: d6Rd d6Rd Combat Pistol, d6B Riot Shield, d6Y Antenna, d6G Jet Pack

Hope you Enjoyed and I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby KungFujiApple » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:01 am

Your recent BattleTech/MechWarrior theme has just been killer. Some really really great designs :D
KungFujiApple wrote:Do you think you might make an entire unit in "MechWarrior" fashion?

Artasid wrote::?: I thought I did with my Black Jenner Star Company, but ah well, I can make more I suppose.

:lol: yeah you are absolutely right, sorry my mistake. Anyways keep it up, some really great work you've got!
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:21 am

My BattleTech MechWarrior homage continues with a micro sized Uziel

ImageMicro Uziel
Uziel: d6Ra d6Ra Long Range Rotary Autocannon, d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Medium Lasers, d6G Rear Torso Jump Jets

I once built an Uziel before, but it was more of a minifig scale than for Mobile Frame Zero use:
ImageB.T. Uziel with Chub

It took a while but I managed to figure out how to size it down.
Hope you enjoyed and I eagerly await any and all comments, insults, suggestions or questions you wish to share,
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:11 pm

You miniaturized it brilliantly!

Oh, binoculars, will that part ever cease to surprise me?
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:43 am

My newest Battletech/MechWarrior mech based frame is one that is close to my heart. I wish I had done a better job at it but this was perhaps the best I could do currently. VitorFaria once made one that was more accurate, but I did not want to copy his build, so I tried my own. The Raven

ImageRaven
Raven: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Medium Lasers & Streak SRM2, d6Y d6Y Dual Antennas

The head/cockpit was tricky to do correctly and I think I did a passible job here, but I'll let you decide.

These next randoms were actually inspired by my original Darter design. It was an attempt to make more improvements, with Darter design features, however I think they ended up being a new frame altogether. Still working out a name for them

ImageDarters?
BLUE: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Chest Cannons, d6Y Tracker Dish, d6G Extended Legs
BLACK: No systems, basic core unit
GREY: d6B Side Shield, d6Y Sensor Dome, d6G Omnidirectional Thrusters, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

Personally I like the armless version, however, the blue one with arms has become somewhat popular among my gaming friends. Not sure which way to go if I decide to continue this design. I am hoping I can get some opinions.

Hope you all enjoyed and I eagerly await all comments, questions, suggestions, ideas and opinions if you wish to share.
Last edited by Artasid on Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:58 pm

I say you nailed the Raven pretty well, it is very close to my heart as well, but I figure you know that already!
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:02 am

I would first like to comment on the Uziel. Micro sized it looks really good, and the B.T Uziel looks remarkable!

Now for the Raven, that is gorgeous! That model comes together very well, and I love LOVE those feet. I may definitely have to borrow that someday.

And I am digging those Darter inspired frames. I like the Black the best, very simple and sleek.

Great job Dude :)
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Been Around The Block

PreviousNext

Return to Frame Designs