SSC: 6135 & 7151

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

SSC: 6135 & 7151

Postby Oneyr » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:41 am

Hello everyone!

After SSC: 7127 and SSC: 6837, I continue my series of SSCs with old sets from my childhood, which also happens to be a series on my first frames, as I post here in a chronological order. In this thread, we'll see about two different sets: 6135 (a little aquashark box) and 7151 (a surprisingly big spaceship from Star Wars I). We'll start with the first one:

Even though it contains some rare and useful parts, some others are also almost unusable. I struggled a bit, but I finally succeeded in creating one frame, and I think it is difficult to do better without breaking the SSC rules. It is not so bad though:
ImageImage

BUT IT'S NOT OVER YET!
Onward to a GREAT set:

Yes, the original design is beautiful. It is also pretty clever, with lots of interesting parts that can be used in many different ways; pretty much everything is useful in it, and I made a little army out of this single box, while still having some free pieces for other things. Here is the complete content of the box, along with the three frames and the control point I made (most pictures are bit cut off by the forum, just right-click on them and select the right options to see them entirely):
ImageImage

And now, let's see this little guys from closer! All of them have several possible positions. I particularly like the smallest one, with its many pincers and its quick look; obviously, a melee fighter. But let's keep the chronological order, and start with another one...
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

I'm still very much a beginner, but I'm happy to see that I was able to make all of this on my own! What do you think about it?
Oneyr
Newcomer

Re: SSC: 6135 & 7151

Postby VitorFaria » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:11 am

Maaaaan, nostalgia bomb!

Used to have that submarine, too bad it got stolen. :(

My original 1999 Sith Infiltrator is proudly displayed at my main shelf, thankfully!

About the builds, you made some really great stuff out of very unusual sets, well done!

Still, I think you could make a better use of the motor bricks in the sith infiltrator (it comes with 4 of those), have you thought about using them as cores and building the frames around it?
Last edited by VitorFaria on Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Oneyr » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:54 am

Thanks ! :D

And thank you for the suggestion too: it seemed so natural to me to use them as weapons/sensors, that I didn't thought at all about using them as cores! I will definitely try.
Oneyr
Newcomer

Postby Jagarmot » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:52 pm

Aquasharks were great ! You found a clever way to handle the hips on that one.
Jagarmot
Talkative

Return to Frame Designs