Master Chubdam Database

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Re: Master Chubdam Database

Postby The Hydromancer » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:32 pm

Probably the what, 4th version of the Charub I've done? After watching the incredibly sexy opening battle of Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin, I wanted to revamp the Charub to focus more on its Zaku roots and less on the version from GBF. The shield mounted on the subarm is super simple, and a design I will have to remember for later. I probably went a little overboard with the skirt armor, likely will trim it down later.

Finally, the big addition is the new boosterpack, a design created by Jude Vincent Desales of the Brick Mecha Division facebook page. The second I saw this design I knew I wanted to try it out, and with a little wiggle room (using a double sided megablok plate) I was able to mount it.This marks the first version of the Chub style power-plant being reposition to the bottom half of the backplate to allow room for the boosters, a move that I'm kicking myself for not thinking of before with other designs.

ImageCharub ver. 4,Red Comet approved by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageCharub w/ boosters designed by Jude Vincent Desales of Brick Mecha Division by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageChubdam vs Charub by The Hydromancer, on Flickr
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
Wears down the cliff tops, the mountains.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_hydromancer/
Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby The Hydromancer » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:00 pm

Have a few designs today, so bare with me. Starting things off is the Chubdam Apollo with his new slick shield.

ImageApollo shield update by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

In hindsight I wonder if his shoulder mounted thrusters are a little too.., small? Alas, maybe one day.

Next up, based on the GM Powered Cardigan from Gundam Build Fighters Try, is the Chubdam Powered.

ImageChubdam Powered by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageAmmo cans by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageProfile in Yellow by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

Chubdam Powered is something I've wanted to do for a long while now, and one thats been suggested on several occasions by others. Its nice to finally have it bricked up. I think the new knee guard design continues to look great, and I mourn my tiny set of the 1x1 plate with handle I have left.

Finally, we have a bit of a free style Chubdam, the Wilde Jagd, that nevertheless draws inspiration from a few different sources.

ImageChubdam Wilde Jagd by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageProfile in blue by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageJump jets and extended fuel tanks by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageAdjustable rifle by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageElevating rocket pods by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

This lil guy started out with me wanting to try something a little more original with my Chubdam design. I always liked the color scheme from the Blast Impulse Gundam, and that was like only real thought going in. The half kite shield style skirt armor might eventually jump over to Chubdam Styx (Deathscythe) where I think it could fit in better. The shoulders went through several reworks before I settled on this design. If you follow the Chubdam line, you've probably noticed I've been experimenting with them a bit lately, getting away from the influence bases. The wetwork style sensor head was influenced by the GM Sniper, and I suspect a copy will find it's way to a Chubdam Sniper sometime in the near future. The beam trident is something I've been working on forever, ever since the nameless GM III used one to great effect in Gundam Unicorn. I finally found a way to make it work, but I do wish I had different beam colors to work with. Here's hoping the bar claws get new trans colors!

ImageNew Guard by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageDice for days by The Hydromancer, on Flickr
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby The Hydromancer » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:24 pm

Revamped the Quel inspired Landshrike, which I'm considering renaming. ReQuel mayahps? Dunno, probably too much on the nose?

ImageQuel influenced Chubdam update, with new grey Submachine gun, white magazine. by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageModified power pack with jump jets. by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

d6Rd d6Rd d6Rh d6Rh d6B d6G d6W d6W

Really like how the submachine gun can out.

Additionally, to answer the Zeon inspired threat of the Lockon mod Marida by Vitor, introducing the Chubdam Reinhorn.

ImageChubdam Rheinhorn by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageRheinhorn back by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageScoped rifle by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd d6B d6Y d6W d6W
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:49 pm

Hydromancer, may I ask a favor of you please? Since you are the obvious master of the Chubdams, may I get your input of my first Chubdam build?

Its not based off any exsiting Gundam I'm aware of, but I would like your opinion on how to make it better because as it stands right now, it feels a little bland, or maybe that's just my current feelings about it. I am open to all suggestions, ideas, and critisms you feel the need to impart, (if any).

I thank you in advance.

ImageMy First Chubdam
MFC: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Rocket Launcher & Shoulder Missile Pods, d6Rh d6Rh Beam Saber, d6G Rear Thrusters
ImageMy First Chubdam rear

Again, I thank you in advance for any and all wisdom you share.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Been Around The Block

Postby Valtarshol » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:33 pm

It could just be me, but I feel like the Reinhorn is a little too white. It could also just be an issue with the limitations of Lego, honestly, but I feel like some of the detail's lost on first glance because there's not much contrast in places.
Valtarshol
Talkative

Postby VitorFaria » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:01 pm

Valtarshol wrote:It could just be me, but I feel like the Reinhorn is a little too white.

The Unicorn Gundam in Unicorn mode is almost fully white, this was pretty accurate.
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Valtarshol » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:44 pm

VitorFaria wrote:
Valtarshol wrote:It could just be me, but I feel like the Reinhorn is a little too white.

The Unicorn Gundam in Unicorn mode is almost fully white, this was pretty accurate.

Yeah, and that's why I think it might just be the limitation of Lego. The model for it in particular is big enough that different depths on it show a lot of shadow, where Lego's a bit small to capture that as much. It's by no means bad, and I really do think it captures the original to the best extent Lego can at this scale.
Valtarshol
Talkative

Postby The Hydromancer » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:11 pm

Valtarshol wrote:
VitorFaria wrote:

Yeah, and that's why I think it might just be the limitation of Lego. The model for it in particular is big enough that different depths on it show a lot of shadow, where Lego's a bit small to capture that as much. It's by no means bad, and I really do think it captures the original to the best extent Lego can at this scale.

I guess I'll just have to throw in a Destroy Mode upgrade to break up all the white :)
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby The Hydromancer » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:20 pm

Artasid wrote:Hydromancer, may I ask a favor of you please? Since you are the obvious master of the Chubdams, may I get your input of my first Chubdam build?

Its not based off any exsiting Gundam I'm aware of, but I would like your opinion on how to make it better because as it stands right now, it feels a little bland, or maybe that's just my current feelings about it. I am open to all suggestions, ideas, and critisms you feel the need to impart, (if any).

I thank you in advance.

ImageMy First Chubdam
MFC: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Rocket Launcher & Shoulder Missile Pods, d6Rh d6Rh Beam Saber, d6G Rear Thrusters
ImageMy First Chubdam rear

Again, I thank you in advance for any and all wisdom you share.

This looks great, very exciting to see another Chubdam pop up. I think maybe if you feel its a little bland try reworking the color scheme. Gundam color schemes usually have the legs and arms white, helps make the rest of the color pop out. If you have the right color pieces. Additionally don't forget to add 1x1 tile claws to the ends of the feet to get that pointed foot look.

I look forward to seeing what else you come up with!
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:05 pm

The Hydromancer wrote:
This looks great, very exciting to see another Chubdam pop up. I think maybe if you feel its a little bland try reworking the color scheme. Gundam color schemes usually have the legs and arms white, helps make the rest of the color pop out. If you have the right color pieces. Additionally don't forget to add 1x1 tile claws to the ends of the feet to get that pointed foot look.

I look forward to seeing what else you come up with!

Thank you Hydromancer for the advise. I'll have to scrounge and maybe disassemble a few of my other builds, but I think I can find the right color pieces. Thanks again.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Been Around The Block

Postby The Hydromancer » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:29 am

ImageChubdam face by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

Finally got my Gundam markers in. This wasn't as easy as I hoped it be, will take a lot of practice.
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Valtarshol » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:50 am

I can't imagine it would be easy, no. Such a small piece, so little margin for error. It definitely looks good though!
Valtarshol
Talkative

Postby The Hydromancer » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:19 pm

Hello True Believers! I know I've been quiet for a few months now, but I've continued to lurk the whole time. I had originally been working on three separate new Chubdams that just weren't working the way I wanted, and I grew frustrated enough to walk away for a while. Recently I was feeling inspired, and starting toying around with two of the half built Chubdams, repurposing them into new designs. Two of them are finished now, and I thought I'd show the first off while I tinker with the second, inspired by the Gouf Custom from 08th MS Team (really filling out the ranks from this show!).

A proper name escapes me at the time. Sure I'll come up with something eventually.

ImageGouf Custom inspired Chubdam by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageGatling shield with ammo drum by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageAnti-frame electro-stun whip, with powerpack by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageThis is no Chub boy, no Chub. by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageBest fight of 08th MS team by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageKeeping my eye on you by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

d6Rh d6Rh d6Rd d6Rd d6Y d6B d6W d6W

System Break Down:
d6Rh d6Rh Anti-frame Electro-stun whip
d6Rd d6Rd Gatling Gun
d6B Shield
d6Y Command fin antenna
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:57 pm

That chest piece looks perfect here, well done!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby The Hydromancer » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:12 pm

Been a bit busy, really diving into Chubdams again. Few new ones up (some of which I'm not 100% feeling just yet and need a little more work), plus some reworks that were way needed. The Chubcannon and Chubtank 2.0s in particular greatly benefited from a more attention to detail, faithful update.

ImageRed white and blue by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageBig bada boom by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageThe gun show by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageChubcannon 2.0 by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageI always wondered what those things on its back were.... by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageMidrange support at its best by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageMobile Frame Chubdam fully loaded by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageNew Chubdam backpack design by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageTwo shot rocket launcher by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageChubdam Full Armor 2.0 by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageChubdam Age 1 by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageMod 2 of the new Chubdam pack by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

Few notes to add. One, I think the Chubtank benefited the most out of the revamping. The new Ninjago Movie polybag was incredible useful, as in an admittedly uninspired hackish fashion the new tank base is the exact heart of the Ninjago drill tank. But it looks so much better than the original design! As for the Chubcannon, I really appreciated being able to add more details, fix color/parts usage, and over all get closer to the source material. Sadly I had to drop the Rumble Monkey inspired shoulders to accommodate the updated cannons, but the second gen Chubdam shoulders look great in their own way. Just... ignore the fact that the Chubcannon has second gen anything going on. The Chubdam itself receives its probably 4 or 5 update, now more heavily armed with the proper rifle design, a beam javelin, and a two shot rocket launcher. I think at this point all its missing is the hyper hammer, which I might add later as an optional armanent since I'm not sure where I would stick it. Might replace the left beam saber shoulder mount with an Origins style shoulder cannon as well. Which leads us to the fourth update, a proper Full Armor Gundam. Not much to say here, other than I need more dark green in my life. Finally, from one of the tragically worse Gundam series, comes the Chubdam Age 1 (yes my naming conventions get lazy over time, you aren't imagining things). Only such much to do to make the base model stand out from the original Chubdam, but I'll like add equipment packs for the various updates later. Which makes me think of strike packs. Hmmm.....
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:17 pm

Age 1 is my favorite of this batch by far!

Such a lively yet elegant backpack, a miracle that you managed to built it that small, It compliments the rest of the build perfectly!
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby The Hydromancer » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:26 pm

VitorFaria wrote:Age 1 is my favorite of this batch by far!

Such a lively yet elegant backpack, a miracle that you managed to built it that small, It compliments the rest of the build perfectly!

Honestly I felt stupid the first time I came up with it. Its so simple, why did it take me this long. That said, I'm sure someone has had to figure this out before.
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby The Hydromancer » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:58 am

After revamping the classic Gundam trio, realized there's several other teams that could use the same updating, both adding newer Chubdam styles as well as focusing on more addition to detail. Next up on the modernization project are the White Winged Boys, aka Gundam Wing. Notably I decided to pass on revamping the Threshal Hydra (aka Altron Gundam) as it stood out from the current theme of the team, which was the original suits with a eye for the updated Glory of the Losers style.

So I created the new Chubdam Pyragosa based on the Shelong Gundam. Really happy with the dragon arm, very different from the previous design but closer to the source. Chubdam Brimstone (based on Heavyarms) got the next largest update, including finally achieving, after literal years of design failures, the chest that opens up for the vulcan cannons. Added the opening shoulder pods for missiles as well, and shortened the gatling gun to make it more wieldly. Styx, Roc, and Oliphant got more minor updates, mostly improved color choice, skirt armor, and backpacks.

Torn between starting a fresh build (Tallgeese anyone?) or moving on to revamp the Gundam OO team.

ImageChubdam Pyragosa by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImagePyragosa rear view by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageDragon arm, fangs and flame by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageChubdam Roc 2.0 revamp by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageChubdam Roc gets the new backpack incorporated into its flight system by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageMillionth and 1 Chubdam Brimstone revamp, now with 100% Moar daka by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageCovers on the missile pod shoulders and chest vulcan guns open up! by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageBrimstone gets the new backpack too by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageChubdam Styx 3.0? 4.0? by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageI'll never stop using the waist cape by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageGlory of the Losers style claw shield by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageChubdam Oliphant 2.0 by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageNew style Chubdam backpack by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageRevamp of the Gundam Wing inspired frames by The Hydromancer, on Flickr
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Omega_Tahu » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:08 am

These are all really great.

Just wondering though, do you have a destroy mode for the Unicorn?
The LF-D5 "Stub" is the top of the line in agriculture frames, designed to haul heavy farm equipment. It is also easy to repair, with standardized connections between all joints. Buy one today.

Also, it's also quite cute on the battlefield....
Omega_Tahu
Chatty

Postby The Hydromancer » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:35 am

I haven't done destroy mode yet, but I do have a supply of trans-red 1x1 plates and a few other odds and ends I've been holding onto to do such a thing. Originally I was debating where to remake the Unicorn or do destroy mode separate, but now I have enough to do both. Since you've asked about it, I'll put it much higher on my to-do-list!
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Frame Designs